Shu Uemura H9 Hard Brow Pencil - Seal Brown

Filtered by skin type : Dry

4.7

Hydrogenated castor oil, stearic acid, cera microcristallina / microcrystalline wax, candelilla cera / euphorbia cerifera (candelilla wax), carnauba / copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, rhus succedanea / rhus succendanea fruit wax, hydrogenated coconut oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil, hydrogenated palm oil [+/- May contain: mica, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499 / iron oxides, CI 77891 / titanium dioxide]

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Puts every other eyebrow pencil to shame

Doubt I will run out for years and years the way this applies and with the amount of product you get

Very natural looking

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am a brow fanatic and am always getting complimented on them. I have naturally full Asian brows but there are some bold spots and I prefer a sharp defined arch and tail. However, sometimes I prefer a more soft, natural look and that's where this pencil comes in. Doesn't give a lot of pigmentation so it takes me a while to do my brows using this pencil. In natural light my brows look amazing and NATURAL. I've used this for two weeks and it doesn't even look like I've used it. I have naturally dark brown hair but it's been dyed reddish plum. The color Seal Brown can be used on almost any hair color and still look good imo. Don't be alarmed at the grayish color because it doesn't come across as cool toned ashy gray when applied.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've used this pencil in Stone Grey and Seal Brown. I find both are suitable for people with dark Asian hair for myself but use Seal Brown now that I've dyed my hair lighter.

This pencil is amazing, my brows always look natural and no one can tell I've drawn my brows on unless I tell them. I'm heavy handed with my pencils so a spoolie is essential to soften the look but if you are light handed you shouldn't have a problem.

It's a super long pencil and hardly ever needs sharpening so although it costs £16.50, it is worth it in the long run because it'll last ages!

I decided against getting it sharpened into the naginata shape because not everyone at my my local Shu Uemura is trained to sharpen them (which is very annoying if you're made to make several trips to get your bloody pencil sharpened) but the pencil works just as well as a regular shaped pencil. In fact I actually prefer it because I can draw the arches and ends of my brows easier.

The pencil definitely transfers easier on moisturised skin so if your brows are a little oily, they will turn out darker. I recommend lightly powdering your brows to prevent over drawing your brows.

Overall, I highly highly highly recommend this brow pencil!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The Shu Ueumura H9 Hard Brown in Seal Brown is by far the best eyebrow pencil for girls who already have bushy eyebrows to work with. This is definitely for girls who have a good set of brows to begin with, as the formula will not allow you to draw in precise hairs or give sharp lines. The formula reacts with the oil in brow hairs and releases the pigment through the interaction with the oils. So if you try and test it on your hand you won't get much pay off as hands have less oil on the skin in those areas. So for girls who already have bushy eyebrows and are just looking to beef them up with colour, this product is great. I hated with I would use a brow pencil and it would go all over my skin. With this, it doesn't do that. It just clings to the hairs and makes them more full and defined.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: Lasts a long time and is water-resistant. Perfect for light, natural brow filling -- I usually never fill in my brows but for photos I like to add a teensy bit of this pencil.

Cons: Pulls very red on me. When I was a redhead it was my go-to brow pencil, but now that my hair is dark again you can really tell that the pencil doesn't really match my eyebrows. I am NC10 with very dark hair so you can really tell just how much it doesn't match. I have since switched to a light ash gray pencil with much better results.

I'm shocked at how many other gals with black/dark brown Asian hair found this pencil close to black. On me it's a medium, warm taupe.

Of course, if you're a darker auburn/redhead, then it't s great and you should give it a try!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have a pea size bald spot at the beginning of my left brow.
This product mimic the hair and depending on how hard I pressed it on the skin, will either be darker or lighter, followed with stroking by an eyebrow brush to look even more hair-realistic.
I had it sharpened at the Shu counter, they called it the Shinto cut or something like that, which to me, is a gimmick because it waste a lot of product. Now, I just use a pencil sharpener.
The only complaint I have is the cap, you think Shu will have the common sense to use a soft (flexible) plastic as a cap instead of a hard (brittle) one. Mine never fit snuggly to the pencil and eventually cracked and became useless.
With the rate I am using it, will probably last 10 years. By the time, either I will die of old age or something better will come out. So, no re-purchase for me.

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Love. Grail.

I've been having my naturally dark ash-blonde hair lowlighted for some time now, and have had trouble finding a suitable shade for my brows that works well. Powders generally don't last on me, and although I like Laura Geller's Brow Marker, it looks painted on and sweats off; YSL's Dessin Des Sourcils in Glazed Brown is close, but is soft and very easy to overdo. When I saw Shu Uemura was havving a sale, I decided go for this pencil, and I am delighted with it. Yes, it's hard, but it applies easily (without overdoing) when the lead hits the brow. And the color is amazing--dark enough to look natural with my lowlights, and an unusual shade that looks absolutely natural as a brow color. I'll be using this until I stop getting lowlights!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this brow pencil for a few years now. I do try using something else every now and then but always find myself reaching for this one. I got mine from Sephora. It's a bit pricey and kinda hurts to make the purchase, but it comes in a pretty long pencil and mine has lasted for a few years now (it's at the halfway point). I like the hard formula and how when applied, it looks way more natural than other pencils that I've tried. My only gripe is the cap doesn't stay on too well. I will find that sometimes the cap comes off while in my makeup bag. The last time it went missing, I couldn't find the cap and so I just took another cap off the nearest NYX lipliner that I had in my stash and put it on this brow pencil, which has stayed on much better. This doesn't take away from the product itself, but just thought it was notable.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been a brow fanatic for nearly twenty years. I used to live and work in Japan, where the ladies would pluck, trim and shave each others brows in the office bathroom every afternoon!

Ironically, I only fell in love with this brow pencil after moving back to the US, and it's the best I've ever used. There is absolutely no red tone, just a true neutral brown. Very versatile. The formula is very hard, so I'm able to make feathery, believable strokes. I find the trick to getting the best results is to keep the pencil very sharp (I use a NARS sharpener.) One pencil lasts me at least two years, and I use it every day.

I also occasionally use Anastasia's brow powder in Brunette if I want a more dramatic evening look. But that takes more time and requires wax, so I use my beloved Shu pencil 95% of the time. For reference, I'm a warm-toned NC20 brunette with hazel eyes.

Popular Brows Products