shu uemura H9 Hard Brow Pencil - Seal Brown

Filtered by age: 25-29

4.8

Hydrogenated castor oil, stearic acid, cera microcristallina / microcrystalline wax, candelilla cera / euphorbia cerifera (candelilla wax), carnauba / copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, rhus succedanea / rhus succendanea fruit wax, hydrogenated coconut oil, hydrogenated palm kernel oil, hydrogenated palm oil [+/- May contain: mica, CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499 / iron oxides, CI 77891 / titanium dioxide]

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The length is so long that it isn't very easy to use but it is still a good product. I was holding it too far back and therefore not getting a decent grip to precisely shade my brows. Hold this closer to the front and it will deliver a warm brown color that goes well with my hair. I would repurchase definitely.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've used this pencil in Stone Grey and Seal Brown. I find both are suitable for people with dark Asian hair for myself but use Seal Brown now that I've dyed my hair lighter.

This pencil is amazing, my brows always look natural and no one can tell I've drawn my brows on unless I tell them. I'm heavy handed with my pencils so a spoolie is essential to soften the look but if you are light handed you shouldn't have a problem.

It's a super long pencil and hardly ever needs sharpening so although it costs £16.50, it is worth it in the long run because it'll last ages!

I decided against getting it sharpened into the naginata shape because not everyone at my my local Shu Uemura is trained to sharpen them (which is very annoying if you're made to make several trips to get your bloody pencil sharpened) but the pencil works just as well as a regular shaped pencil. In fact I actually prefer it because I can draw the arches and ends of my brows easier.

The pencil definitely transfers easier on moisturised skin so if your brows are a little oily, they will turn out darker. I recommend lightly powdering your brows to prevent over drawing your brows.

Overall, I highly highly highly recommend this brow pencil!

I love this eyebrow pencil! I've found other pencils to be too warm in colour, or too soft (and therefore smudgy).

This one is perfect.

I can't imagine ever running out of this pencil because it's so long, so the cost is not an issue for me.

pricey, pricey, pricey but worth every penny!
hard 9/seal brown is a dark brown-black colour which goes on light, but buildable and hard to overdo. no hint of red here. it adds subtle and natural colour to my eye brows. lasting power - all day long. i would definitely repurchase, when i eventually run out! been using this eyebrow pencil every other day for over a year and i still have lots left. HG

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is definitely the BEST eyebrow product for dark brown/black hair asians! If you are into the Korean natural makeup look, this is the colour for you. The colour matches my natural black hair colour PERFECTLY. When it is bought from the shop, the pencil head is sharpened to a tapered shape resembling a blunt blade, It makes it SO easy to draw and define my eyebrows with this. Just shade with small light strokes along with your eyebrows and use a eyebrow brush to even the colour. Shu Uemura shops in Singapore provides free post-purchase service of shaving the pencil head into a blunt blade. My HG eyebrow pencil!

Did they change the formula on these pencils? I bought Shade 3 a few years ago but now that I've changed my hair colour I've switched to Shade 2. My old Shade 3 pencils is harder so the colour lasted longer on my brows (and my patchy bits where my brows should be but aren't) but it snapped quite easily. My new Shade 2 pencil is much creamier so it's lasting power is less but I might be able to use all the product this time instead of being forced to chuck the shards that have snapped off. Gave the packaging a 4 because they have so obviously shrunk the size of the pencil by about an inch in the past few years without changing the price, but I love the nib and the free sharpening service.

What I love:
The ashy shade (Shade 2, Shade 3 is warm)
The lasting power (even the new formula is extremely long lasting - not so great if you get it wet though)
Great look with minimal product (I use it quite a few times each week and get it sharpened about every three months)
The formula - I think I do prefer the new one actually. With my old pencil it was possible to use too light a hand and just get no result. It was also possible to press too hard and snap the lead.

Will definitely buy again - though love the fact that I won't have to shell out for a while haha.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I don't know how I've ever lived without this. It is absolutely perfect in every way. The colour, consistency, and longevity is amazing. I can do my brows SO quickly now, and they last through rain, sweat, and everything else. I really appreciate the special shape that it is cut (courtesy of my Shu SA), as it makes it a lot easier to use than traditionally cut pencils. The colour matches my brows perfectly and it just looks so natural. The pencil is also really long; I think it's about 50% longer than most eyeliner or eyebrow pencils (the length reminds me of Wet 'n Wild pencils). If this colour doesn't work out for you it comes in two other colours (at my counter, at least) so I highly recommend trying them out.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The best eyebrow pencil. Nothing really to add that hasn't been said already. Looks natural, great shade (no red tones) and easy to apply. Yes it is pricey for a pencil, but it lasts a long time, so actually works out at good value. Highly recommended.

This brow pencil in Seal Brown is the perfect brow pencil for me. My eyebrows are naturally very sparse so with many other pencils or brow powders they just end up looking too drawn-on and harsh. This pencil however, always gives me perfect and natural looking eyebrows. I am fair (NC15) and have black hair currently but even when my hair was dyed a light ash brown, Seal Brown was still a suitable colour. Definitely a staple!

This may the only product I've tried so far in my 26 years that I know will stay with me forever. If it is ever discontinued I will get enough backups to last me for the rest of my life, no joke. Realistically, since one lasts me about 3 years I'll need around 20.

This liner is THE brow pencil for me because it is perfection in two ways. First off, the color is absolutely perfect for creating a natural brow on my NC20 lightly yellowish Asian skin and black hair. It is brown, but a cool, ashy one that pulls absolutely no red or warmth whatsoever. It blends in perfectly with my black brows.

Secondly, the texture is beyond genius. Too many brow pencils get it wrong with thinking they are pencils meant for eyes. They're not. Pencils for eyes must be soft and glide, so they achieve the most precise look without pulling the eye. However, this quality found in some brow pencils make them deliver way too much waxy looking product onto your brows, making it very difficult to achieve brows (quickly) that don't look fake. I'm all about adding flair to one's makeup (bright lips, colorful eyeshadows), but I draw the line (literally, haha!) at brows. I only want natural looking brows that just look perfectly groomed, not harshly draw in. Shu's liner achieves that because the formula is very, very hard. It's still wax-based, but it will not transfer onto your skin if there's not enough oil on it (try drawing a line with it on palm of your hand--nearly impossible). Also, each line drawn w/ it is not too pigmented, allowing you to go over a spot repeatedly to build up strokes that look like hairs.

On top of all this, it is the longest lasting brow product I've ever used, and I don't use anything else with it (e.g. brow gel or wax). Yes, $22 is steep for a brow pencil, but given it lasts years with average use and is absolutely flawless as a product I believe it is well worth the price.

Popular Brows Products