Nude Skincare Cleansing Milk

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
No Image

1 review

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was so excited when I first spotted this range of products on sephora.com, as they were previously not available to me locally. Among the products that I immediately purchased from this line was the Cleansing Milk.

I have been using this cleanser for a month now, because I don't think it's fair to review skincare products after using them just once or twice. So here is my experience so far:

I am used to using gel cleansers and foaming cleansers, and have only really used one or two other lotion-type cleansers before, so figuring out the correct amount of product to use is always a bit of a challenge for me. The first time I used this, I believe I used 4-5 pumps, which I have now discovered is way too much. I now usually stick to just 1-2 pumps. It is a cleansing milk, so it does not foam up at all. You are supposed to massage it into a dry face, which I do, and I will then rinse it off when I get in the shower. It's not greasy at all, and it's perfectly milky without being watery. I never remove it with a cotton pad, because I never feel clean enough that way (if you have dry skin, you may prefer to remove it this way). It rinses away nicely, and I am never left with any film or residue on my skin. I am also surprised at how clean my skin feels after using this, as my skin typically does not feel like it has been cleansed properly when I use this type of cleanser. My skin always feels really soft after using this. Also, for reference, my skin is typically normal-to-combination, it can be oily at times, and I am prone to breakouts at that time of the month (who isn't?). After using this 2 or 3 times, I got 1-2 white heads, but I also expected this because my skin isn't used to milky/lotion-type cleansers (my skin was back to being clear in a few days). This also removes makeup efficiently (haven't tested on eye makeup though, because I always remove that before hopping in the shower with makeup remover pads of some sort).

As for the scent, it is very natural, yet still pleasant. When I first used this I immediately thought: Rose. But not in that typical perfume-y rose type of way. It is a very natural, mild rose. The packaging is also good because the pump-bottle is very sanitary, and I think that you do get a decent amount of product (6.8 ounces I believe). Also, the packaging is made from 50% recycled materials.

I didn't expect to like this cleanser as much as I do, just because my skin typically does not like lotion/milk cleansers. But I was pleasantly surprised by this, and therefore I will probably be repurchasing when I run out.