By Terry Rose de Rose Sheer Liquid Blush

Filtered by skin type : Combination
By Terry Rose de Rose Sheer Liquid Blush

4.2

on 9/30/2013 10:36:00 AM

I said I would buy this product again because this is the second time I have bought Rose de Rose in the colour Fresh Rose.

I gave up on it the first time around after having a very unsuccessful relationship with it. It went on blotchy, dried to fast, didn't show up.... I wasn't impressed with anything except the smell to be honest.

The second time around I (perhaps foolishly to some) purchased it and decided "I will make this work on me". There is something extremely enchanting about By Terry products, they are the epitomy of luxury, and like every luxurious makeup product, I want it on my dresser.

So here I am with my second bottle of this rose scented metallicy pink liquid.... and once again, application and results are both failures for me. Ok, I thought. What am I doing wrong here, it has great reviews on Space NK, and great reviews on makeupalley. What is it that i'm doing wrong.

I decided to watch youtube and in particular Lisa Eldridges tutorial on liquid blush...followed by her video on "every day makeup" which features the By Terry blush.

What I have noted is that you need to build this product up on the cheeks, I bet most people are like "duh", but seriously, I wasn't doing it properly and I wasn't blending it properly either.
I apply about half a pump, I dab it on the apples and then blend it up towards the temples making sure to blend the edges in, I do the same on the other cheek and then I go back to the first cheek and do it again. I do this about 3 or 4 times in all.

What i'm left with is voila!! Exactly what I wanted in the first place! I had an "ahhhh that's what all the hype is about" moment.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, I just found this exceptionally tricky to learn how to use. I can't blame the product for that. I love the rose scent and the packaging. I would put a warning out to people who don't like shimmer/metallicy finishes - it's not OTT or anything, but the glow is definitely glowy! I seriously love it.

This blush is very pricey for what it is, but it's worth it. Someone actually mentioned that this is a highlighter in one review...well.... maybe kinda, you could use it that way, but this is definitely better as a blush, once it's on it doesn't move, and the sheeny finish isn't as soft as I'd like for a highlighter to be honest. I don't think it should be used that way but I might try it mixed in with moisturiser and see what happens! That's the beauty of this product I guess!

So after my little learning curve, I join the chorus of the happy on this one...and I guess if I ever ran out of it that I would repurchase... it's by far one of the PRETTIEST pink blushes that I own, just don't forget to build up the colour on your cheeks.

on 5/30/2013 6:07:00 PM

Luv, found it on a Lisa Eldridge video although I do not think it is too shimmery (think Nars). On me it does not look like orgasm, which is too shimmery and too warm for my skin tone (NC 20). Sometimes I mix with a little Becca grapefruit, Maybelline bounce in candy coral, or La Prairie radiance cream blush in peach. I have it in coral rose and will be purchasing the rose.

on 7/17/2012 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I received this blush/highlighter as a gratis in colour 2 coral rose.
I have been using this on my clients for the past few months and I think it is amazing!
The product gives a great lift and a glow to the skin without leaving it too shimmery. It has more of an illuminating glow.
I love the coral colour as I think it is more suitable to fair to medium skin tones and darker skin tones as a highlighter.
I like to use it as a base then apply a powder blush for a deeper colour.
This is a long lasting product and suitable for dry to normal skin types I would use it on a combination skin but not an excessively oily skin.
I apply this product using a foundation brush or my mac contouring blush brush.
I want to invest in the other 2 colours, which will do at a later date as these are expensive blushers.
Tip I never push the pump all the way down so I am able to control the amount of product which is released a bit better.

This is the most expensive blush I've purchased so far, but I do like the subtle sheen and the lovely rose color. not a big fan of the fragrance but I will live with it. The bottle is probably going to last forever as only a tiny amount of product is needed.

buyers beware, this is not a blush!!! this is a rosey pink illuminator. when used as a blush it ends up looking like a stained patch of shimmer. i bought it as it was so lovely looking and the fragrance of it was beautiful. it was truly a divine little product as are all byterry products! but when i put it on my face i was very disspointed... it will definitely look good when paired up with a real blush as a highlighter perhaps, but not alone. it also looks terrible if you have medium to large pores and dry skin. i wanted to love this product but i ended up returning it.

This product is in concept wonderful. It also smells lovely like roses however it is a bit too glittery for my taste.

It applies beautifully and does look very natural like a sheer veil of coloured glow and it marries very well with liquid foundation. For a very natural look it is beautiful.

The staying power is also good however I dont know whether it is all the glitter, the strong fragrance or a combo of the both but this irritated my sensitive skin and gave me some spots and rough skin on my cheeks where I normally have none.

on 1/6/2010 12:37:00 PM

I have this in shade 1, Fresh Rose and I like it a lot. It seems almost like a creamy and much-improved-upon version of Benetint. For me, the key to this product is using very, very little and blending quickly. It will give the most gorgeous and natural glow. Use too much and it's far too pink and "glittery." Beautiful product.

on 9/1/2009 12:48:00 PM

This blush does give good color and stays on well. But it gave my sensitive skin red spots on the blush application places, exactly the shape of the blush applied. First time I though it was a coincidence but when I got them back after the second round of using it after the brake - I got doubts no more. FYI - I have very mild rosacea. So girls with this condition - be careful!

Love love love this product. I have been obsessed with blush since I watched my grandmother put on her ROUGE. Specifically, pink blushes - true pink. This is a magnificent one and I do not see myself repurchasing anything else from this time forward. The texture is heaven. Silky smooth and lovely color. Also, wonderful scent if that matters to you (I love it!). The price is worth it in this girl's eyes.

on 8/9/2009 6:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love these blushers & have now collected all 3. Definitely HG material. Yes they cost a fortune but they last forever.

They add natural colour with a fantastic sheen so your skin glows, and they're really moisturising and stay put all day. Basically if you want some colour but want it to look natural instead of having to put up with dry matte cheeks to get a bit of colour in your face then these are definitely for you.

FRESH ROSE (PINK) - I initially bought the fresh rose as that's the kind of colour I always go for, it's beautiful and I love it but this is definitely for the attractively flushed look i.e. just come in off the beach or from the gym. Looks great with natural rosy make up look i.e. pop of colour and a bit of lip gloss. Only need a tiny amount of this - barely even push the top down - slightly bigger than a pin head amount applied to the apples of cheeks does the job for me.

CORAL ROSE (APRICOT) - Someone here kindly suggested that the coral rose shade would suit most skin tones & it really does - I wear this everyday without fail and it's incredibly natural looking. This is my favourite shade for daytime. If it helps with shade choice - I have dark brown eyes & hair and skin that tans quite well but most of the time is fairly pasty so if I overdo the other colours I can look a bit Aunt Sally and have to really blend but it's virtually impossible to go wrong with the coral shade.

AMBER ROSE (BRONZE) - lovely for the evenings and great in summer, will also be fantastic on holiday I'm sure. Deeper colour, more dramatic and just gives you a really healthy tanned glow.

I love these blushers and can't imagine using anything else now. They are literally like using skin care, they give an amazing glow with a natural looking wash of colour and they smell fantastic. If I apply all my old (expensive brand) blushers now I just seem to look made up instead of healthy!!

The dispenser can be a pain as it will sometimes dispense a clogged lump then too much product - if this happens I just use the excess on my neck but it's a tiny flaw in a fantastic product. Sorry for the long ramble but I made myself wait a few months before reviewing and I'm still wowed.

UPDATE 10TH JUNE 2010: Just though I'd add that well over a year after first purchasing them I'm still absolutely loving these blushers and also still have a lot left of all 3 even though I have used the coral version twice a day (morning & after gym/pool) since early last summer so whilst expensive to purchase they're actually fantastic value. Will never go back to powder blusher.

Popular Blush Products