By Terry Rose de Rose Sheer Liquid Blush

4.5

on 5/3/2013 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

HG blusher!
In a moment of madness I ordered all three shades from SpaceNK, but I have no regrets. I love sheer, glowy blushes and these are just so much more natural than my old Chanel or Dior powder blushes, which, lovely as they were, kind of sat on my skin.
1. Fresh Rose is a lovely bright, light pink. I think it's probably cool toned if anything, but it looks great on my warm toned skin - it gives a real pop of colour.
2. Coral Rose is my go-to everyday shade. It's probably the most natural on my NC25 skin - a warm mixture of pink and coral (kind of like Nars Orgasm).
3. Amber Rose is darker and warmer, still definitely a pink but with hints of brown. I'm wearing it right now with a tan and it looks fantastic.
They glide over skin and on my dry skin last all day. They are very slightly shimmery but nothing that looks unnatural even in daylight. My only caveats would be a) the nozzle bit of the pump is tiny so sometimes gets clogged and loads comes out at once and b) the PRICE. My God, the price. And yet I know I'll keep buying these!
LOVE!

on 6/12/2010 10:52:00 AM

Rose de Rose is described as an "all-over blush that energizes the complexion." I have the Coral Rose color and on me it is like a complexion enhancer more than it is a true blush. It seems that the product is designed to straddle both functions, more so when you take into account the product description, where the word "blush" can be taken as a verb rather than as a noun. Think more in terms of "glow" or "radiance" instead of the pure sense of blush as a product.

I was a bit perplexed by how little color the product deposits until I realized that its best use was as enhancer. It's a very sheer liquid that can be built up and it is most noticeable on bare skin. Over foundation, the payoff is minimized, so I have been using it as a base layer for my Armani Sheer Blush. I also use it on bare skin as a brightener, where it can be applied with more freedom than can a true blush.

As a base for other blush, Rose de Rose creates a glow and an adhesive texture that grips and holds blush until you take it off. My blush had more dimension in the form of golden glints when I layered it over the By Terry product. Used alone over foundation, Rose de Rose barely showed up. I waited until the first application dried and then reapplied, but I still had marginal payoff. Used as a color balancer/corrector, the product counteracted a normal sallowness and made my complexion seem outdoor-healthy.

This would be an ideal blush for someone with ultra-pale skin or for someone who has a natural flush and for whom other blushes are too bright. I have not tried the other two colors, but Coral Rose looks exceptionally true to nature and is perfectly balanced between the cooler pink and the warmer coral.

The product is also ideal for people who have problems with the caking inherent in certain powder blushes (Nars, etc) or for those on whose skin cream blush melts. It's a bit expensive to use as a layering product, but it's proven itself to withstand muggy weather and to hold on through sweat. I've worn it on 100-degree days and it has stayed fresh even as the rest of my makeup has slipped off. A little goes a long way, too.

I most likely will not repurchase this, simply because of the cost and because it isn't performing as a main player in my makeup routine, nor does resolve any issues I was having that could not be similarly solved with products I already owned (for instance, I can use a Nars Multiple as a layering product and I often do). Rose de Rose is an "extra" in my makeup bag, although I will give it extra points for its marvelous rosy fragrance. continued >>

Popular Blush Products