By Terry Rose de Rose Sheer Liquid Blush

By Terry Rose de Rose Sheer Liquid Blush

4.4

on 4/9/2014 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have all three and I love them all. You only need a little of this liquid blush. I purchased mine at Spacenk

on 9/30/2013 10:36:00 AM

I said I would buy this product again because this is the second time I have bought Rose de Rose in the colour Fresh Rose.

I gave up on it the first time around after having a very unsuccessful relationship with it. It went on blotchy, dried to fast, didn't show up.... I wasn't impressed with anything except the smell to be honest.

The second time around I (perhaps foolishly to some) purchased it and decided "I will make this work on me". There is something extremely enchanting about By Terry products, they are the epitomy of luxury, and like every luxurious makeup product, I want it on my dresser.

So here I am with my second bottle of this rose scented metallicy pink liquid.... and once again, application and results are both failures for me. Ok, I thought. What am I doing wrong here, it has great reviews on Space NK, and great reviews on makeupalley. What is it that i'm doing wrong.

I decided to watch youtube and in particular Lisa Eldridges tutorial on liquid blush...followed by her video on "every day makeup" which features the By Terry blush.

What I have noted is that you need to build this product up on the cheeks, I bet most people are like "duh", but seriously, I wasn't doing it properly and I wasn't blending it properly either.
I apply about half a pump, I dab it on the apples and then blend it up towards the temples making sure to blend the edges in, I do the same on the other cheek and then I go back to the first cheek and do it again. I do this about 3 or 4 times in all.

What i'm left with is voila!! Exactly what I wanted in the first place! I had an "ahhhh that's what all the hype is about" moment.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, I just found this exceptionally tricky to learn how to use. I can't blame the product for that. I love the rose scent and the packaging. I would put a warning out to people who don't like shimmer/metallicy finishes - it's not OTT or anything, but the glow is definitely glowy! I seriously love it.

This blush is very pricey for what it is, but it's worth it. Someone actually mentioned that this is a highlighter in one review...well.... maybe kinda, you could use it that way, but this is definitely better as a blush, once it's on it doesn't move, and the sheeny finish isn't as soft as I'd like for a highlighter to be honest. I don't think it should be used that way but I might try it mixed in with moisturiser and see what happens! That's the beauty of this product I guess!

So after my little learning curve, I join the chorus of the happy on this one...and I guess if I ever ran out of it that I would repurchase... it's by far one of the PRETTIEST pink blushes that I own, just don't forget to build up the colour on your cheeks.

on 6/20/2013 12:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

I have this in #1 (the pink color) and #2 (the coral color). I don't do shimmer. EVER. I've had these for a few years now (they do NOT go bad, lol) and feel I can now write an honest review.

1) The smell is lovely if you like roses (I do).
2) They are a liquid cream, so they spread beautifully whether by fingers or nylon brush
3) Once on, they STAY PUT. So blend quickly because they dry quickly.
4) NO breakouts from this product.
5) The shimmer, to me, is not noticeable. That says a great deal because I won't wear a shimmer product.
6) The flush is natural. A beautiful glow, esp. if you powder over it. It's just... real looking.

The bad? I HATE the damn pump. SO MUCH comes out with one pump and 95% of it is wasted; that's how concentrated this product is... you don't need much. It's expensive. That said, one bottle has lasted me 3.. almost 4 years and I STILL have half a bottle. In the long one, it's not too bad, lol.

This is one of those products you have to try and you'll either love it or hate it. Me? I'll use it up because it does a great job of giving a natural blush but... I won't buy it once I use it up.

on 5/30/2013 6:07:00 PM

Luv, found it on a Lisa Eldridge video although I do not think it is too shimmery (think Nars). On me it does not look like orgasm, which is too shimmery and too warm for my skin tone (NC 20). Sometimes I mix with a little Becca grapefruit, Maybelline bounce in candy coral, or La Prairie radiance cream blush in peach. I have it in coral rose and will be purchasing the rose.

on 5/3/2013 9:01:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

HG blusher!
In a moment of madness I ordered all three shades from SpaceNK, but I have no regrets. I love sheer, glowy blushes and these are just so much more natural than my old Chanel or Dior powder blushes, which, lovely as they were, kind of sat on my skin.
1. Fresh Rose is a lovely bright, light pink. I think it's probably cool toned if anything, but it looks great on my warm toned skin - it gives a real pop of colour.
2. Coral Rose is my go-to everyday shade. It's probably the most natural on my NC25 skin - a warm mixture of pink and coral (kind of like Nars Orgasm).
3. Amber Rose is darker and warmer, still definitely a pink but with hints of brown. I'm wearing it right now with a tan and it looks fantastic.
They glide over skin and on my dry skin last all day. They are very slightly shimmery but nothing that looks unnatural even in daylight. My only caveats would be a) the nozzle bit of the pump is tiny so sometimes gets clogged and loads comes out at once and b) the PRICE. My God, the price. And yet I know I'll keep buying these!
LOVE!

on 7/17/2012 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I received this blush/highlighter as a gratis in colour 2 coral rose.
I have been using this on my clients for the past few months and I think it is amazing!
The product gives a great lift and a glow to the skin without leaving it too shimmery. It has more of an illuminating glow.
I love the coral colour as I think it is more suitable to fair to medium skin tones and darker skin tones as a highlighter.
I like to use it as a base then apply a powder blush for a deeper colour.
This is a long lasting product and suitable for dry to normal skin types I would use it on a combination skin but not an excessively oily skin.
I apply this product using a foundation brush or my mac contouring blush brush.
I want to invest in the other 2 colours, which will do at a later date as these are expensive blushers.
Tip I never push the pump all the way down so I am able to control the amount of product which is released a bit better.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

HG for me, despite the high price. Even the fragrance is lovely, a very real rose scent as opposed to the old-lady fake rose smell of Chanel powder blushes. The color of this is a slightly warm medium pink with microshimmer that is not visible once it's applied. Nice color payoff but work fast because it does stain if you leave it for too long, and once it's stained, it's very difficult to remove. This looks very natural and rosy on my currently NC15 dead-of-winter, yellow-undertoned skin. Does not cause breakouts on my sensitive, rosacea-prone skin. Love it and will continue to buy.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Oh...My...Goodness!

I am absolutley in love. I know this product is ridiculously expensive but it really is worth it!

I have this in the pink shade and looks amazing on my pale skin. I apply with fingers or MAC contour brush and it makes me look so healthy and glowy. Lasts all day and every time I look in the mirror I think "wow that looks good". The smell is DIVINE and feels soooo luxurious to use. If I have had a spray tan it also works to make the tan look healthy...I regularly have people tell me how healthy and great I look!

I use about 1/3 of a pump on the back of my hand and slowly blend to a brightness I feel works with the day. The shimmer is very very tiny and means you do not need to use an additional highlighter.

HG!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product is unbelievably, undeniably gorgeous. I have tried, bought, and used many blushes the last 20 years that were alright, and some, good. My last HG blush was the Max Factor Rosewater blush, which smelled of roses & came in a pretty, vanity-worthy bottle. I remember that it gave my skin a soft, pretty glow that looked fantastic--whether I was across the room, or up close. And it was about $4! After it was discontinued, I wasn't interested in paying 4x that for Benetint. This gorgeous blush gives my skin that same soft, pretty glow that looks great from any angle. I am Asian with major yellow undertones in my skin, about NC30. Any warm shades put on my face tend to look muddy or go orange. Cooler shades tend to look nicer on me. From online descriptions & the reviews here, I decided to go with shade #1, Fresh Rose. It is a soft, true pink. It goes on color-true even with all my yellow undertones. The pump bottle is very elegant-looking, functional, and hygienic. I pump out about a drop onto the bristles of a LM creme cheek colour brush and blend in and then repeat for the other cheek. And the smell is beautiful---a soft, pretty, true rose. Not a fake or chemically-smelling rose. Luckily, I think this bottle will last me a while. Even though it is expensive I think I will repurchase when I run out. This just might be a HG for me!

on 6/23/2011 12:24:00 PM

I recently have purchased several products "By Terry". One of them was Rose De Rose Sheer Liquid Blush in color Amber Rose. I absolutely love this product. First at all, I adore the scent of fresh roses.This scent is so addicting. I could smell it all day long and it makes me very happy.The texture of the product is very soft and silky. It goes on very smooth and adds a very natural color. It also has a little shimmer in it but still looks very natural on the skin. I love the packaging as well. So far, I'm very happy with my purchase and definitely recommend you to buy it...