Jane Iredale Dream Tint

3.6

Not tested on animals

Titanium Dioxide 4.5. Water/Eau/Aqua, Algae Extract, Sambucus Nigra (Elder Flower) Extract, Dimethicone, Jojoba Esters, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Stearate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Candelillate, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Vanilla Tahitensis Fruit Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Glyceryl Polymethalcrylate. [ /- (May Contain) Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019)].

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the few Jane Iredale products I have tried so far that has been a fail for me. I actually think it's a good product overall, just not for me. It is a tinted moisturizer, so I was expecting light coverage- just a little something to even out my skin a bit under mineral powder. Which this is. But it is a moisturizer, as well, and yet it made my dry skin even drier!! My face felt uncomfortably dry and tight all day while using this. And it clogged my pores and gave me little bumps. I think I was just sensitive to one of the ingredients. Jane Iredale has amazing customer service. As soon as I wrote them with the issue, they refunded the price of the Dream Tint, no hassles, no questions. Even though I personally didn't like this product, I feel like it's worth a try for others. Great ingredients, a lovely sheer finish, and from an outstanding company!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I've been loving this foundation for years. I just cant seem to find one that does the same. The consistency seems whipped, not too watery, not too thick. It's very natural, gives a really nice sheen and best of all, it feels like SKIN. It's not like you're wearing foundation at all. Coverage is definitely light. But you are going more for the way it makes your skin look over the actual coverage.

I have been using the Tarte Smooth Operator Amazon tinted clay pressed finishing powder with this foundation. (This is a medium coverage powder, I like the combo with this foundation) I usually reapply a little around my chin area at the end of the day if I'm going somewhere. Packaging is a little annoying, when it's getting low, you really have to work to get the rest out, I've even had to cut the bottle to get it all.

Over all, great foundation.

To Read all 70 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I requested a sample of the dream tint from Jane Iredale and I am glad I did, because I am unsure I would buy the normal size. It wasn't bad nor good. First of all, it had the strangest application - it was almost mousse like (light consistency) which was nice but then my skin just absorbed it and still felt dry? There was minimal coverage so I had to apply a lot to get moderate coverage and then it was hard to blend because it was on the drier side. However, after it dried I thought it actually gave decent coverage- I had to use some spot conclear but for the whole face the dream tint was fine. When I applied a little of the Jane iredale pure pressed base I had a nice flow and better coverage. You would need to wear the pressed base for more sun protection as well as the spf in the dream tint is 15 which is not enough alone. On the fence regarding whether I would repurchase or not. I do love that JI products are good for your skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I have been looking for a cruelty-free, travel-friendly, lightweight foundation for forever and had high hopes for this product. Sadly, it resulted in a breakout almost immediately. I thought maybe something else was the culprit but tried it again ... and bumps right away. My skin is sensitive, not sure what ingredient may have effected this reaction, but I am not going to use it again. I'll just stick with my Herbs of Grace mineral powder for now.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

What is weird is that I like this product for the same reasons other commenters have criticised it. I love the smell (I really do!). It smells like a good skincare product, I think.

But what I love most about it is how it feels on my skin. It feels fresh. I hate cosmetics and skin care that feel sort of warm-ish on the skin (kind of like how oil feels on the skin), and very much prefer products that feel cool and fresh (like toners or cold cream). Well, this tinted moisturiser feels exactly that on the skin: fresh and clean.

I just really have a problem with the price. It's just too expensive. It's not an item I can't do without. I like it ( a lot ) but I can also do without it. Unless I have more money than I can spend, I will probably not repurchase. Oh, I hate writing that, but that's just how I feel :(

PS: I recently revisited this review and dropped a couple of lippies. Why? I've discovered new and better BB Creams since, like Missha's, and I now feel like JI needs to upgrade its range too. I still like this product, but it doesn't provide as much coverage as Korean brands which at the same time are able to offer skincare benefits.

I love JI products and have used her Liquid Mineral foundation/eye-shadows/blushers for

some years but this Dream Tint is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE (and yes, I AM

shouting it from the rooftops!).

It is thick and gungy-feeling in texture and looks it when on. You can see every line of the

brush and it is just unusble.

So ..... I'll just stick to the fabulous Liquid Minerals.

I am so disappointed with this product. I was really looking forward to using it but I have given up after several attempts and will not use it again. The first thing that hit me was the horrible, clinical, smell. I ordered light and when I first put a bit on my face it looked white! It gives NO coverage at all and it quickly settled into my pores. Tried using different kinds of brushes and my fingers but nothing worked. Huge waste of money.

I have mixed feelings about this tinted creme. I bought it so I could wear it underneath my Amazing Base a while ago, when I was still using AB, and it worked fine, but it's quite expensive just to be used as a primer/something, because I always wear my Avene Hydrance Optimale underneath, Dream Tint does not hydrate my skin enough. On its own, it is quite useless. I wear it at home when I want to even out my skin, or for the gym, when going for a walk... But that's about it. I cannot wear this for school, work, going out, because the coverage is really... well lame. I have blemishes, uneven skin tone, and this just doesn't work for me, covers nothing. Although, when you pat it into the skin, without rubbing, you can get some coverage out of it.. Not enough for me, but maybe some of you girls with perfect skin would find it good enough. The ingredients are really good, so it's a shame this doesn't provide better coverage. Just to point out, this never broke me out, got too oily.

Nothing wrong with the packaging. I think this is a moisturizer for drier skin types. I'm combination so my cheeks are normal but this made them oily. I hate this moisturizer. A LOT. really zero coverage and makes me into an oily mess and doesn't support the makeul on top at all. Even when mixed with a foundation it just is craaap.

I had high hopes for this. The ingredient list is pretty good and I liked how it had SPF in it. But the coverage is terrible (almost nonexistent), even for a tinted moisturizer, and I felt like even the closest match to my skin tone had a weird orangish tint. Not worth the money.