Jane Iredale Dream Tint

3.5

Not tested on animals

Titanium Dioxide 4.5. Water/Eau/Aqua, Algae Extract, Sambucus Nigra (Elder Flower) Extract, Dimethicone, Jojoba Esters, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Stearate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin, Boron Nitride, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Candelillate, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract, Vanilla Tahitensis Fruit Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Glyceryl Polymethalcrylate. [ /- (May Contain) Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492), Mica (CI 77019)].

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I don't usually leave reviews, but I thought I would leave one for this product for any ladies who are thinking of purchasing it and are seeing some bad reviews . For a couple of years I have been wearing the JI BB cream in BB7 and although it has amazing coverage, it's a little heavy for everyday wear. I was looking for something that felt lighter and more "natural". Yesterday, the lady at the hair dressing place where I buy Jane Iredale matched me to the Dream Tint in medium. Although I loved it the minute I put it on, I waited 3 days of wearing it before reviewing. It is EXACTLY what I was looking for! It looks natural all day and stays on well! Does not change colour. I have dry cheeks and an oily T-zone, so I put some of my regular moisturizer on my cheeks first, but not on the T-zone. It doesn't "cover" all blemishes (as it's not really meant to), but it certainly makes them far less noticeable. When I came home from shopping today, my husband told me, "I don't know what it is, but your skin is glowing." Sold. lol. As a note, I just turned 50 this past summer. My skin has some larger pores in the nose and lower cheek area. Dream Tint seems to make them evaporate. It does not settle into fine lines at all. I can no longer wear powders as they seem to sink into pores and lines. I have a cool skin tone, and this paired with "Bone" and "Merlot" eyeshadows, Black Ice Longest Lash mascara, and "Kir" lipgloss look fabulous together. Love the natural look of the Dream Tint. <3

As an SPF it's fine but for coverage IT IS NOT! It's NOT tinted at all no matter how much I tried putting on. I wasted $40 on this and DO NOT recommend. Jane Iredale has great products just not this. For coverage I recommend the 100% Pure foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The original version of this product was a slam-dunk for me in Light. Since JI originally introduced it, Dream Tint is on its third iteration. The original product was a mousse-like consistently that moisturized and stayed put for hours. The Light was a bit too light for me in the summer but I made it work by using a bronzer over it. The second version was still pretty solid. The scent was a bit strong and the product wasn't as moisturizing or luminous but it was still a great alternative to a foundation. I had a couple of tubes I used up and recently repurchased. I'm sure that for many people this is still a excellent choice. I love the fact the ingredients are by and large natural and that JI doesn't test on animals but I had to exchange this for another product. The scent is now overpowering and the colour and consistency has altered so much that it no longer works for me. JI is a fantastic company that stands by its products and the customer service is first rate. Unfortunately, this TM isn't moisturizing enough for me and the formula now really irritates my skin so it's no longer in my cosmetic rotation.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the few Jane Iredale products I have tried so far that has been a fail for me. I actually think it's a good product overall, just not for me. It is a tinted moisturizer, so I was expecting light coverage- just a little something to even out my skin a bit under mineral powder. Which this is. But it is a moisturizer, as well, and yet it made my dry skin even drier!! My face felt uncomfortably dry and tight all day while using this. And it clogged my pores and gave me little bumps. I think I was just sensitive to one of the ingredients. Jane Iredale has amazing customer service. As soon as I wrote them with the issue, they refunded the price of the Dream Tint, no hassles, no questions. Even though I personally didn't like this product, I feel like it's worth a try for others. Great ingredients, a lovely sheer finish, and from an outstanding company!

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I've been loving this foundation for years. I just cant seem to find one that does the same. The consistency seems whipped, not too watery, not too thick. It's very natural, gives a really nice sheen and best of all, it feels like SKIN. It's not like you're wearing foundation at all. Coverage is definitely light. But you are going more for the way it makes your skin look over the actual coverage.

I have been using the Tarte Smooth Operator Amazon tinted clay pressed finishing powder with this foundation. (This is a medium coverage powder, I like the combo with this foundation) I usually reapply a little around my chin area at the end of the day if I'm going somewhere. Packaging is a little annoying, when it's getting low, you really have to work to get the rest out, I've even had to cut the bottle to get it all.

Over all, great foundation.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I requested a sample of the dream tint from Jane Iredale and I am glad I did, because I am unsure I would buy the normal size. It wasn't bad nor good. First of all, it had the strangest application - it was almost mousse like (light consistency) which was nice but then my skin just absorbed it and still felt dry? There was minimal coverage so I had to apply a lot to get moderate coverage and then it was hard to blend because it was on the drier side. However, after it dried I thought it actually gave decent coverage- I had to use some spot conclear but for the whole face the dream tint was fine. When I applied a little of the Jane iredale pure pressed base I had a nice flow and better coverage. You would need to wear the pressed base for more sun protection as well as the spf in the dream tint is 15 which is not enough alone. On the fence regarding whether I would repurchase or not. I do love that JI products are good for your skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I have been looking for a cruelty-free, travel-friendly, lightweight foundation for forever and had high hopes for this product. Sadly, it resulted in a breakout almost immediately. I thought maybe something else was the culprit but tried it again ... and bumps right away. My skin is sensitive, not sure what ingredient may have effected this reaction, but I am not going to use it again. I'll just stick with my Herbs of Grace mineral powder for now.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

What is weird is that I like this product for the same reasons other commenters have criticised it. I love the smell (I really do!). It smells like a good skincare product, I think.

But what I love most about it is how it feels on my skin. It feels fresh. I hate cosmetics and skin care that feel sort of warm-ish on the skin (kind of like how oil feels on the skin), and very much prefer products that feel cool and fresh (like toners or cold cream). Well, this tinted moisturiser feels exactly that on the skin: fresh and clean.

I just really have a problem with the price. It's just too expensive. It's not an item I can't do without. I like it ( a lot ) but I can also do without it. Unless I have more money than I can spend, I will probably not repurchase. Oh, I hate writing that, but that's just how I feel :(

PS: I recently revisited this review and dropped a couple of lippies. Why? I've discovered new and better BB Creams since, like Missha's, and I now feel like JI needs to upgrade its range too. I still like this product, but it doesn't provide as much coverage as Korean brands which at the same time are able to offer skincare benefits.

I love JI products and have used her Liquid Mineral foundation/eye-shadows/blushers for

some years but this Dream Tint is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE (and yes, I AM

shouting it from the rooftops!).

It is thick and gungy-feeling in texture and looks it when on. You can see every line of the

brush and it is just unusble.

So ..... I'll just stick to the fabulous Liquid Minerals.

I am so disappointed with this product. I was really looking forward to using it but I have given up after several attempts and will not use it again. The first thing that hit me was the horrible, clinical, smell. I ordered light and when I first put a bit on my face it looked white! It gives NO coverage at all and it quickly settled into my pores. Tried using different kinds of brushes and my fingers but nothing worked. Huge waste of money.