TRESemme Color Revitalize

TRESemme Color Revitalize

3.1

Price: $

Price: $

So this review is for the Equate (Walmart brand) version of this product. Checking the ingredients they are almost identical so I hope this information pertains to the tresemme, but if you're not having luck with the brand name try the Equate, because holy cow. It's a winner.

I have shoulder length, fine hair and lots of it. I color it blue black, with either a semi permanent or fully permanent dye, and I try to do it only once a month. I had been using Tresemme's Deep Cleanse line because I've never found something that worked quite so well on my hair. The shampoo from that line gets all the oil and buildup out, and the conditioner perfectly conditions without weight. However, now that I'm colouring my hair regularly I noticed I was having to color it more often after using deep cleanse. My color was being stripped and was showing up on the towel when I dried my hair... Blue stained towels? No thanks.

When I was at Walmart I picked up their brand of Tresemme's Color Revitalize line because, after reading the ingredients, they were practically identical. I'm beyond pleased with the results. This shampoo is a clear gel type, meaning it cleanses very effectively. I find pearly or opaque shampoos leave buildup and residue but this one just gently cleanses.

It took three washes of me using both products to see the difference. My hair no longer leaves color on my towels and it feels so unbelievably soft and shiny without being weighed down at all. I can still go two days without washing, same as with the deep cleanse.

Stellar product.

on 8/23/2015 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this shampoo! Cleans without stripping and makes my hair so shiny! I use it with corresponding conditioner and my hair looks awesome! Shiny bouncy and perfectly moisturized with no weight. LOVE

To Read all 50 Reviews, Login or Join

Not impressive.... Don't see significant different, don't think it make the color look better.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I am sort of on the fence about this oneÖ the old formula was good, until they changed the packaging and apparently reformulated. The old formula was a clear gel (which are often a good indication for absence of silicone), but the new formula made the shampoo into a pearly white liquid mass that makes my hair feel strange, even though the ingredient list didnít appear to have silicone compounds, the weird feeling goes away the next morning. Scent remains your classic Tresemme scent that lingers, cleansing power is on par with the Schwarzkopf Push-up volume, nothing surprising, but a vital part of my weekly routine now that I colour my hair. Colour protection effect, quite good.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

My HG shampoo for sure. I don't know why I haven't written about it before. I've been using this consistently for almost 2 years. Recently I was feeling experimental and tried some other shampoos, but NOTHING else works as well as this. I just purchased a new bottle, and I noticed the formula is different than the last time I bought one (they last a long time). It works EVEN BETTER than before. They took out the cones, and it seems even more gentle now. My color definitely lasts longer. I love the mild fresh scent, and it pairs beautifully with a new Tresemme conditioner I purchased, "Renewal Hair and Scalp". My hair is improving with every wash. That just never happens. My thick coarse hair is soft and tangle-free. Joy!

on 1/26/2014 3:17:00 PM

Fantastic shampoo! I noticed someone had commented that it had sodium lauryl sulfate and it actually isn't, it has sodium laureth sulfate which is fine also ammonium lauryl sulfates are fine too. That is why I bought this shampoo and it also doesn't have Methylchloroisothiazolinone & Methylisothiazolinone, which I have found all 3 in Aussie and Herbal Essences products. This shampoo left my hair, soft, shiny and manageable.

Yes. Yes to this. It was a great surprise that this product was actually good, it turned out being great. It has the richest lather in a shampoo that I've felt in awhile. It makes my hair silky soft without weighing it down. I use the conditioner too and it makes my hair look and feel so healthy! I bought it when I redid my dark hair, I really thought it was going to suck so I was very pleasantly surprised when this turn out to be HG for me! The conditioner is also great. I use a wide tooth comb to detangle my hair after I apply this in the shower, then rinse and I don't touch my hair during he drying process. It brings out all my waves and spirals (around the nape of my neck). When I straighten my hair it looks soft and shiny. I'm very happy to have found this combo! So far it hasn't seemed to strip my hair, I'll come back with updates if I remember with those very relevant details. Only complaint... wish it came with a Charlie Hunnam and/or a pump.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

Being a fake redhead, I'm always looking for a new HG shampoo to prolong the life of my lovely colour that doesn't cost an absolute fortune. Tresemme's Colour Revitalising shampoo is sold just about everywhere and only costs a few pounds for a medium-size bottle so I really wanted this to work for me. I used this with the matching conditioner.

After 3 weeks of use I'd had enough: I only wash my hair 1-2 times a week and always try to use a good deep conditioner in my routine to maintain my already healthy hair, but this still dried my hair out horribly and made it feel like straw. Despite rarely washing my hair and having it coloured only a couple of weeks ago, it did absolutely nothing to retain my lovely colour - it looks like it was coloured months ago, not weeks! At the risk of further stripping my colour, I had to stop using it altogether.

As much as I wanted this to work for me it did absolutely nothing - I'd much rather pay the extra for my favourite Redken colour shampoo than have my (expensive!) coloured hair fade so fast!

on 9/25/2013 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought a 2-pack of the shampoo & conditioner large pump bottles at Sam's Club for less than $10. I have been coloring my hair at home for years. My hair is very coarse, thick, and tends to be dry. I only wash my hair 2-3 times per week, but I also heat style, so I need something hydrating that will hold my color. Overall I am very happy with these products. The shampoo & conditioner are both rich, don't strip my color, don't leave my hair dry, and smell nice & fruity. If you have oily hair, these may be too rich for you, but for my dry hair they work great. I have been using them for several months and have already purchased backups. For the price, you can't beat these.

on 9/7/2013 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This product is definitely intended for people who have colored their hair and it is EXTREMELY DRY and DAMAGED. Or I can see this product working for women who have very coarse hair texture. Otherwise this is not the shampoo for you. My hair is damaged somewhat from the multiple colorings of trying to fix a bad salon experience but apparently not damaged enough for this shampoo.

I wash my hair everyday because I work out everyday, and I still felt this shampoo left my hair a bit greasy. This shampoo definitely is moisturizing, but too much so.

I really want to stop using it but I'm broke so I'll use at least half then toss it.