ZOYA Anchor

ZOYA Anchor

3.5

BUTYL ACETATE, ETHYL ACETATE, SD ALCOHOL - 40B, HEPTANE, PROPYL ACETATE, ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL, NITROCELLULOSE, TOSYLAMIDE/EPOXY RESIN, TRIPHENYL PHOSPHATE, TRIMETHYL PENTANYL DIISOBUTYRATE, POLYVINYL BUTYRAL, BENZOPHENONE - 1, CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, VIOLET 2

on 1/12/2019 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I had wanted to try Zoya Anchor for some time as it is a rubberized base coat and those work the best for me. My HG is CND Stickey but it does leave a blue tint on my nails. Anchor is clear and so I wanted to try it to avoid that blue tint. I picked this up during Zoya’s Black Friday sale.

Unfortunately this base coat does not work for me. I tried it numerous times with a variety of polish brands and it failed every time. I experienced peeling and chipping sometimes the 1st day. My manis never lasted more than a day or two with this as my base coat. With CND Stickey most of the time I get 5 or 6 good days of wear depending on my activities.

On the positive side the formula was good and it applied smoothly and evenly with no streaking or bubbling.

I paid $5 for this on sale. The regular price is $10. I would not purchase again and will purge this one at some point.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Zoya Anchor is my go-to base coat. It dries quickly and plays nicely with the big 3 (OPI, Essie, and of course Zoya). The major drawback is that it absolutely CANNOT be used as a stand-alone clear coat. Sometimes I get ready to do my nails - remove old polish, oil nails, push back cuticles, file nails - and realize that polishing will have to wait until the following day. If I apply Anchor without polishing right away, my nails are tacky and rough to the touch, and the base coat disintegrates almost entirely within 24 hours. I like having the option to be flexible with my time, and unfortunately Anchor doesn't allow for that. So minus 1 for that. However, it's designed to serve as a base coat for polish, and it does that job well, so yes, I will continue to use and re-purchase.

Edit 11/25/18 - I don't know why, but lately my manis have been getting tons of chips. I suspect that for some reason Anchor has stopped working for me. Perhaps it didn't take kindly to being thinned. I'll be going back to Gelous as a base coat and see how that works. Changing my rating from 4 to a 3.

on 9/21/2018 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Zoya was already my favorite polish brand and I decided to try their base coat after my old favorite base by another brand was discontinued. The product has a strong chemical scent, but it dries reasonably quickly and it keeps my polishes from chipping for a week or more! My only complaint is that a bottle costs $10, so hopefully this will last a long time. I have been using Anchor for months and it is still as good as the first time I tried it. I will definitely repurchase this.

on 2/27/2016 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Anchor made my polish last very long - but it also took tiny pieces of my nail surface with it when I removed it! I was left with tiny craters all over my nails that took months to grow out. Other base coats I've tried don't do the same thing so I'm pretty sure that wasn't a problem with my removal process.

on 11/25/2013 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I like both Armor and Acnhor - Anchor is a great base coat and Armor is an OK (not a HG) top coat. I prefer Seche Vite as a topper - but that can get "gloopy".

Anchor is a very good base coat in that it hels my manicure last longer, applies nice and thin (and smoothly without bubbling) and the brush is a good width,
I's a fan of Zoya in general.

No issues for me.

on 5/2/2013 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I've just recently discovered zoya polishes and have been slowly replacing my collection. Since I am in graduate school for my field we aren't allowed to wear colored polishes during certain times so I made sure I got this clear base coat. I think it works wonderfully by itself to give nails shine and is a good base coat for color. I love that it doesn't have harmful chemicals. Since switching to zoya & taking calcium pills my nails are much stronger, longer, & healthier. I will continue to buy this line of nail polishes!

on 3/31/2013 12:54:00 PM

I didn't like this base coat. Polish takes longer to dry when wearing it. Anchor also dried out my nails and was not easy to remove. The base extends the wear of certain polishes for a day or two, but not significantly. One good quality is that it did not yellow my nails.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i really love this base coat, never had issues with bubbles at all. protects my nail well, they no longer break nor feel brittle. best when paired with zoya's armor. let this base dry before putting nail polish to prevent bubbles.

on 2/22/2011 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Nothing but bubbles, regardless of the fact that I don't shake my polishes. Every manicure is the same. Will not repurchase.

on 1/6/2011 8:53:00 PM

I really like this basecoat. I use this interchangeably with Zoya's other basecoat, Get Even (Which I also love!). No, this won't fill in your ridges, but it also doesn't claim to. This applies very nicely and helps to make my polish last a bit longer. Will definitely repurchase.