Boots No.7 Anti Ageing Glycolic Peel Kit

Boots  No.7 Anti Ageing Glycolic Peel Kit
No.7 Anti Ageing Glycolic Peel Kit

3.7

No7 Gentle Glycolic Peel: Aqua (Water), Alcohol denat, Glycolic acid, Glycerin, Sodium hydroxide, Hydroxyethlcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium EDTA.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I rate this with a 3 for a few reasons, but I do consider this essential in my routine and it's made a big difference in my skin. I was reluctant to review it because it's not quite HG, there are some drawbacks, and it may not be strong enough for people used to glycolic peels. But if you are looking for a lighter but effective glycolic peel, I really like this.

The brush in this is useless, the little tray to dispense product is useless, unless you want to use another applicator. My only concern is the waste from that, as I knew they'd be garbage. The glycolic peel itself comes in a nice glass bottle, but the frosted outside seems to easily get dirty looking just touching it. The nuetralization pads are a nice size and soaked perfectly, the container is ugly but it keeps them from drying out. There are only enough pads for 30 applications and more glycolic solution than that, meaning you will need a DIY version of pads (youtube!). I suppose you could cut the pads in half but I like the full size.

This is a very light peel, I've seen different % claims but it's between 5% and 7%. I prefer less chance of irritation and something closer to natural skin shedding cycles. The directions suggest using it for a month on, month off cycle, user discretion is advised. I actually use it every other week instead, sometimes every three weeks if my skin is doing well. I do feel an immediate tingle that passes in seconds, I leave it on for 5 mins, then use the pad to nuetralize it. I've seen reviews where others leave it on longer than suggested without irritation but again, user discretion.

It has definitely helped with expression lines across my forehead, smile lines in the corner of my mouth, and in reducing the appearance of scars. I do use this in conjunction with vitamin c products and songyi mushroom products, the three together have been a powerhouse to reduce redness and erase scars for me. That's kind of amazing on my naturally pale ruddy freckled skin.

Is this a miracle? Nope, nothing is. But in my experience it's one of the few immediately helpful products I've tried with noticeable longterm benefits. No7 as a whole has been very surprising to me, the brand doesn't catch my eye but the products have been surprisingly good for their relatively low prices.

on 1/11/2015 11:47:00 AM

Hair: Red, Other, Medium

This is a very nice product. It's about $25 at Target, and comes with a glass pump bottle of the glycolic acid solution, a little jar of neutralizing (alkaline) pads, a brush and a small plastic dish. The Ulta website has the acid percentage listed at 7%, which sounds about right.

It's not a super-high percentage. There are plenty of glycolic toners out there with a higher percentage of acid. I think this product is great for two groups: people new to glycolic acid, and people like me who can use it much, much more frequently than instructed!

If you don't have experience with glycolic acid, this is a great way to start because you can control how long it's on your face with the neutralizer pads. Start slow and work your way up.

As for me, I've been using it on nearly a daily basis. I don't use the brush or the dish. The serum dries on he skin pretty quickly so I don't think there's any acid activity after about 5 minutes no matter how long you leave it on. The neutralizer pads are an important part of the process because they're textured and do some exfoliating work in addition to neutralizing the acid. It leaves my skin beautifully smooth, and I have not seen any irritation. When I run out of pads I'll use a baking soda solution instead.

on 9/6/2013 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is an effective over the counter glycolic peel system set at a reasonable price. You can definitely feel it working and see visible results.

on 5/19/2013 8:04:00 PM

I didn't see any results and it irritated my skin into getting zits.

on 5/18/2013 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is not a good product. It does not say percentage of glycolic acid it contains which is paramount when buying a peel. It contains alcohol which is there to give you an instant plumping look to the skin which fades quickly. Who wants alcohol in their product when it isn't being used to balance the ingredients? You can buy "home glycolic peels" from many reputable sites that will tell you the truth - tell you the strength of the acid. Boots is not reputable but a mass market business solely out to make money.

on 4/17/2013 7:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this for a few years now. My husband buys me a new kit every birthday! Along with the one's he's purchased, I have probably bought six of these. I use the fan brush for a light blush or powder application, it works beautifully!
I squirt about 4-5 pumps onto the back of my hand, and apply it lightly all over my face with my fingers. My skin is very sensitive, and I have never had a problem even using this under my eyes. Sometimes I get the burn/tingle, others I don't. I leave it on for about 6 minutes, wipe off with the included pads, and then rinse with water before applying my moisturizer. Works like a charm and has removed any discoloration. I use it about once a month, but should do it more frequently. My skin just glows and I do not ever use a scrub. Highly recommend!

on 3/31/2013 3:03:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I wanted to try this product because as i am aging i notice that my skin is loosing its luster and has a rough appearace to it, and read a peel like this could help.
3/31/13- I used this for the first time today. The directions say to use no more then five mins and less if you have sensitive skin, so I left it on for three minutes. I will update this review as I use it in the future, but I can say for the first use...my skin feels so soft! I can't stop touching my skin.
4/4/13-second use. This time I skipped the brush and used my fingers to apply, and left it on for the recomended 5 mins. Against packaging advice i did put it on my under eyes as well. As before my skin feels really soft. I also notice a slight difference in the brightness to my skin, which is good. What i have also noticed over the past few days since the first use is that the flakiness from my dry patches has been better then in recent weeks. On the down side I notice my nose is really red, but that is one of my really dry spots, and went away within the hour.
4/7/13-third use. Used for 5 mins all over my face, even around eyes. I have extra extra dry skin, that is also uber sensitive, i havent got that tingly sensation yet with the product. thinking when im done with it i may try a higher consentration to see if it gives me even better results. After one week I see a difference. My skin looks brighter, pores look smaller, and the fine lines around my eyes and nose when I smile aren't as deep. I haven't noticed any difference in discoloration which I know some use this product for, but I intend on using it on some spots o have on my legs.

on 9/27/2012 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

I'm on my 2nd or 3rd box of this kit. I use it when I'm oilier than usual or if I have the start of a blemish. This gets my oil production back in control and staves off any breakouts. The next day, I also find my skin is brighter in tone. The dish and fan brush might be good for arts and crafts, but not for this. I'd prefer they not be included and the price lowered. Very pleased with this product overall.

on 4/25/2012 6:06:00 PM

Didn't notice any difference.

on 7/2/2011 2:46:00 PM

I used this yesterday for the 1st time. I have regularly used Oil of Olay micro-dermabrasion for years and been pretty happy with it. I just wanted to try something else. I will need to try it a few more times before giving an accurate opinion. I would use a little more than the 4 pumps and I also use it on my neck. I left it the 1st time 12 minutes with no problems, maybe I'll go 15 next time. I agree that the brush isn't necessary. Who wants to waste any of it? Give it a try.