Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

3.6

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

on 2/3/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I found this product overall very disappointing. I bought it in light, despite the fact that I have a light-medium skin tone. (1) To start the weirdly orange undertone took a lot to blend out. I often found my skin looking quite orange after I applied it. (2) I would have liked to see more shades, not just light, medium, dark. (3) When they say sheer focus, they mean it, I know its supposed to be just a tinted moisturizer, but at least give it some kind of tint! And one that's not orange. Or maybe make it buildable. (4) The packing I dislike, because it takes some force to pry it open and snap it closed, as well as the fact that a little goes a long way, yet the tube gives you 4x the amount you need.
So overall I disliked this product, I would NOT suggest buying it to anyone with awkward middle toned people, or anyone that wants a somewhat natural looking coverage (which it doesn't give). But if you have an awkward orange undertone, go right ahead and buy this product.

on 7/17/2012 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ok so I was looking for a oil free tinted moisturizer that would leave my skin somewhat dewy. I went into Sephora during the day and tried, too faced, tarte,bobbi brown and Laura Mercier. Finally Smashbox won the battle!!! It goes on smooth sheer with buildable coverage without looking cakey. The trick to smooth even application with tinted moisturizer is to apply with a Duo brush or any brush of your choice and makesure you buff gently into the skin : ) Back to the product it does not clog pores, or cause breakouts. It will give your skin an even look with a dewy glow!!!! I really like this product !!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok product. But for my NC 40 skin I had to mix the light and the medium shade together to get what I wanted. Such a waste of money. Will not buy again

on 1/24/2012 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Im really torn about this tinted moisturizer. It hasn't made my acne prone skin break out at all and covers up redness quite but it made my face HORRIBLY oily. Within 10 minutes of putting it on, you could probably fry an egg on my face. My face is oily to begin with and this just made it that much worse. I hate that it does that, but I think it would be better for normal to dry skin.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I didnt really care for this. I know its just a moisturizer but it didnt cover ANYTHING. I couldve applied a normal white moisturizer. It felt a bit oily and weird to me. Wont repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only TM I've ever tried and so far I like it. The coverage is nice if your looking for something minimal. Do not buy this if you're looking for something more than a medium coverage as this is quite sheer. Anyways I like that it brightens my complexion and gives it a nice glowy (not greasy) finish. And although it is pricey, I find using a little goes along way. I just wish the SPF was higher than 15.. summer is around the corner and I hate having to layer sunscreen under other products.

Skin: Other, Tan, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I think im the only one that wasnt pleased with this product, And although i wasnt pleased, i used it all up cuz i didnt want it to go to waste. I felt that it was very oily, there were times when i would squeeze this stuff out and the oil came out before the foundation. I had to mix it before putting on my face. It also had a smell to it, it smelt like hair dye. Im finally done with this and looking forward to buying something new and oil free.

on 8/8/2010 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

The coverage is sheer, but can be built up to provide enough coverage. It stays on a long time, and provides a dewy glow. With any brightening or spf-contained products, it can become oily. This is not the case for this little wonder because it goes on matte. So a little goes a long way.

I would recommend exfoliating and wait for a few minutes before applying anything else to allow this product to absorb. Also apply your usual concealer on major imperfections.

I really like the light it goes on, and makes my skin appear smoother. I prefer wearing this daily during summer time and alternating with foundation on date nights.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This tint is awesome! It's light in texture and evens out skin tone beautifully, while leaving the skin moist and healthy looking. Since it is oil free it moisturizes with honey and includes a spf of 15.

Trick: Use "Luminous" Sheer focus over any foundation as a highlight or under the eyes... it looks amazing and is a secret from the Smashbox studios..!

on 12/19/2008 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The shade "Fair" is still a little too dark for my pale NW15ish skintone, but it blends well enough. This has the most matte finish of all the TM's I've tried so far (and I've tried MANY), yet is smooth in texture and rubs in easily. I just apply it with fingertips, and set w/powder and it leaves a very smooth, natural looking finish. Decent coverage for a TM (some are just TOO sheer). I think I will love this in the summer, when my skin is super oily. have combo skin, that's oily yet dehydrated, so finding foundations or TM's that wear well is difficult for me. Would most likely re-purchase.