Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

on 6/27/2014 12:41:00 AM

I never wear foundation (unless I'm going to be on stage) but I wanted something that would even out my skin and be light enough for daily wear. This was not it! I would never use the word sheer to describe this product. In my opinion this was just a foundation with poor coverage. My skin is on the drier side and this highlighted areas that I didn't even know were dry, like my nose. On to the next one...

I have been using this for a while now and I can't live without it!

As someone quite freckle faced with ginger hair I can't wear foundation because it covers up too much. I also can't wear too many powdery products because I have extremely dry skin. I was looking for something to give me a bit of sheer coverage and keep my skin hydrated. The SPF is a must because I could get a sunburn at midnight at the bottom of the ocean.

I bought this product on a whim with shoppers points. It's not something I would normally spend so much on because I thought it wouldn't last. Boy was I wrong! I've had it for almost a year, I wear it daily and I use it on my entire face and neck.

The packaging is just fine to me. To shake it I hold it by the end and wave it like an oatmeal packet before I open it. The product itself is very thin but I wouldn't say runny unless you take out a lot all at once. I use it after I put on my regular moisterizer which helps it go further. I put dabs on my finger about the size of a pommegranet seed and them blend them into my checks, chin and forehead. I find the consistency to be creamy and pleasant feeling, not at all heavy.

This is enough to cover my face and it blends out to a nice healthy even skin tone that doesn't cover my freckles. To be honest at first try I thought it was too dark for me even though I bought "fair" which is the lightest shade but because it spreads out so nicely it actually allows me to bridge the gap between ghost pale and fake orange! This product allows me to looks like I've finally gone one shade past pasty!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After swearing off any kind of liquid coverage due to it always looking cakey and gross on my dry skin, I finally tried this tinted moisturizer after reading so many positive reviews. The verdict? Holy relief, Batman! What a wonderful product! The first coverage product I've tried in years that doesn't make my face look worse! I place a dollop on a bamboo blush brush and sweep it across my skin with minimal effort (a little goes a long way!). It works great for me even in the summer due to how dry my skin is, lasts all day, and never feels greasy or heavy.

The only negative thing I have to say about it: the shades tend to run a bit on the orange side. I have olive skin and thought I needed the Light shade, but had to end up exchanging it for Fair. But now that I know what shade to use, I'll definitely be buying this again. Great job, Smashbox!

I decided to re-write my review of this since I have now been using it for two years. I am on my third bottle of it. This is my HG product. I use it alone and with powder depending on my skin. I recently took a break and was using a Korean BB cream instead. I started breaking out a bit, but figured it was just due to hormones or the change in weather. I still had a fair bit of this left, so put it on instead of the BB cream a few days ago. My skin cleared up overnight and became more dewy. My skin was becoming dry and flaky. This is so soothing. I have oily, acne prone skin and this is the best thing I have ever put on my face! It is important to give the bottle a shake before you put it on. I then put Korrres MMU or Halo on top. Is my skin flawless? No! But it looks pretty darn good! This gives a subtle healthy glow. Great product. I hope they never discontinue it! A few months ago, I had a make over done. I had an allergic reaction to the cleanser and the SA put this on to sooth my skin. It calmed right away. I really love Smashbox. You can use this without a primer. It is a great product.

i bought this, returned it and bought it again just to be sure that it wasn't this that was breaking me out. it was! cystic acne is no friend of mine. neither is this. i so wanted to love love love! :( and if this is oil free then why does it separate? i had to shake it before use b/c oil would come pouring out if i didn't. IDK. maybe that was the cause of my breakout?...give me back my 32 bux!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this in LUMINOUS which is actually not a true shade but can be worn by any skintone (so I'm told but maybe this is more for light to medium) or mixed with any of the 3 actual shades to add glow. I've only tried luminous but I'm told it is more sheer and has more shimmer though don't think disco when I say that. So, my experience with this "special effect" shade is a positive. I am very dry and have a difficult time with liquid foundation products but this blends like a dream and does not settle into pores or lines. I find a only need a little and it covers my redness and lessens the appearance of my freckles. I like the glow you get from Luminous but it's not obnoxious or over the top. Coverage in this "mixing" shade is probably less than the other shades but I've only used this one. It's great for everyday use, fast to apply, some sunscreen just incase, nice effect to the skin with evening out of skin tone. This, just on it's own, is great. Add some brow powder (I need it) and a touch of blush and I'm good to go for pretty much anything. My husband says my skin looks very even and nice so it's a winner for me. Packaging is easy to use and store. Review may be confusing/written on phone so I cannot read what I've written.

on 2/26/2011 10:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I wanted to love this so badly!!! Coverage is good, price a little steep, goes on nice, had nice ingredients....However, I have it in Fair and it can look a little yellow! When its on it looks ok but the color looks a little off. It can work I guess and people said it doesnt look "that bad" but for the $ I want perfect!!!! Another return for me!!!!!

on 2/16/2011 4:27:00 PM

I have really difficult skin. It still breaks out and is oily. I find a lot of make up looks weird at the end of the day or is cakey. I have been using this in Luminous for several months along with mmu and it is great. If I don't use it, I find my skin is really oily so it does control oil quite well! I am going to buy the Light next time to get more coverage. Some people say it is oily, but I give it a good shake before I put it on and it is really nice. I love the feel of it. I am hoping I can use the light no its own and will update. By they way, I bought this in early November and still have tons left.

dont use this product if you're acne prone or are sensitive to smell because it smells kind of like clay/ dirt (not strong, just a hint).
this is a good product for covering up discoloration such as dark circles and redness around nose and mouth. It covered mine and i have mild rosacea so if your looking to cover up redness then this is the product for you but if you because this is pretty pigmented for a tinted moisturizer.
i have gotten really awesome results using my fingers to apply it right after i wash my face and it still has a little bit of water on it- it works like a second skin when i do this.
I think it works so well when i do this because it blends and adheres to the skin better where as if applied to dry skin with a brush it comes out a little flakey or powdery depending on how dry you really are.
so if you can get this cheap id go for it because you can always mix in more moisturizer based on how dry you are from day to day and youll still get good coverage because even if you sheer it out with more moisturizer its pigmented enough that you'll be okay.

on 11/28/2010 7:10:00 PM

very nice tinted moisturizer.

Im very picky about foundations/tinted moisturizers because I like my face to be touchable, in particular without having whats on my face transfer onto my hands or clothes, and also without feeling like there is makeup on my face.

Im very pleased with this product because it gives a light coverage, doesnt feel greasy (which is good because I have combination/oily skin) and doesnt look powedery or greasy when it dries, it looks like your natural skin.

Like all smashbox foundations, it has a yellow/warm undertone, even in its fairest colors. Im very fair with pink undertones, but I am still able to wear this TM in the Luminous shade.

I like this product and would buy again, I just wish there was more product for the $$ :P