Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

4.2

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Ok, so I'm writing this review end of day after wearing and will update.
First, so far no little bumps. Dior hydra tinted gave me 3 cystic bumps gross!!!!!
I found out I may be allergic to Titanium Dioxide because I can't use Mineral makeup either without clogging of pores
So woooo hoooo so far do good.
My skin looks awesome, no bumps, great color, no greasy spots. After 8 hours I could now blot
This could be a product that goes it all, I will try the Shiseido one and will update my review
Update - not super crazy about this, had some breakouts but will try again soon

on 9/1/2012 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have tried virtually every tinted moisturiser and every one has either been too sheer with no coverage or too think almost like a foundation. This one by smashbox is perfect for what I'm looking for. It's very buildable and gives coverage but it is not heavy and thick like others. I have this in the shade light and it is perfect for my skin tone. I agree with others that with there only being a choice of 4 shades, it can be difficult for some people to find a shade but I am lucky that the light shade matches my skin.

on 7/3/2012 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely love this stuff! For me it is a proper TM. Some ppl seem to expect a tinted moisturizer to more foundation-like and some are. If I wanted foundation I would use it. I find this to be perfect in that it is very creamy and moisturizing and it covers just enough and not too much. It even out my skin, leaves me glowy, and feels great on.

Pros: Glides over pores, SPF bonus, sheer but even coverage, smooth and soft texture, nice packaging, good value, light as air not clogged feeling with dewy glow

Cons: It caused me to breakout slightly and I have normal/combination skin fair skin, *main reason: it is not at all long lasting! Especially in the summer humidity it literally melts and gets blotchy in a matter of hours. I think it is very similar to Mac's Face and Body foundation and may be better in the winter months for me.

on 3/18/2012 6:45:00 PM

This is a wonderful TM!!! I think this will work great for all skin types just beware if u have oily skin like me you will have to set it and touch up if u want a matte or semi matte look. One of my favorite things about this product is the finish its the perfect glow that I have always searched for. Perfect for everyday and another plus side it doesn't break out my skin which is super sensitive especially to silicones ! Def HG!

This is my favourite tinted moisturiser, and I have already repurchased it once. I have tried multiple tinted moisturisers including Laura Mercier, Stila, and MAC, but this one stands out as #1.

I wear Fair during the winter, and it matches my NC20-25 skin very well. It is yellow-toned and literally disappears when I apply it. It evens out my skin while looking like I am not wearing anything. I find it conceals minor redness very well and feels and looks like perfect bare skin. I consider the finish satin - it makes my skin glow but does not make my skin oily when set with powder. I would suggest this product for normal/combination and dry skin types. Those with oily skin may want to sample this before purchasing.

My only hesitation on this product is the packaging, but it would not stop me from repurchasing this a third time. The tube partially separated from the cap on my first tube. This was not a problem when I kept the product at home, but it meant I was unable to travel with it. I was in the drugstore today and noticed that the same thing had happened to one of the testers. My second tube has not had this problem, and I have travelled with it a few times.

Overall, I would highly recommend this product for someone looking for light-medium coverage with a natural finish.

on 8/1/2011 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The moisturizer has a great texture to it when first applied. However, the oils with which the product is made, begins to separate in the container, and on hot days, also separates on your face.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this for my Birthday using my Shoppers Drug Mart points & a bunch of other Smashbox (total $180, lol all for free, just paid tax!) & love the coverage & feels so nice! :)

One of the positive things I can say about this is the color. The sales associate recommended this in "light" for me. I told her that was a no-go and it looked too dark. She swatched "fair" on the back of my hand and it matched my skin to a T (which never happens!). Other than that this stuff doesn't do squat. I am acne prone and did break out from this. Not only that but this doesn't cover squat! It evens out the skin's tone but that might be it. For the redness on my cheeks I had to heavily layer this (which means it ended up looking a bit cakey). I also have acne right now and that showed right through. This does have lasting power and did hold up through out the entire day though. That's another, rare, positive thing I'll add about this. Overall though this product isn't that great and it'll be returned to Ulta a.s.a.p.

on 10/1/2010 2:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

First and foremost, I love this moisturizer!! It's actually the best tinted moisturizer I've found, I don't like foundation so this in particular was a good alternative for me. It has a really thick, creamy texture and goes goes on very smoothly. The tube is small (50mls/1.7 oz.) but it goes on very sparingly. Surprisingly, it actually provides a decent, very natural looking coverage. Skin feels soft and dewy, and it is NOT greasy at all. Hallelujah. I'm guessing that's the oil absorbers in it. I live in New Zealand and the sun is INTENSE so SPF 15 UVA/UVB filters are great. I should say to watch what shade you get because to colours are unusually dark, so a person with say...olive skin tone may want to go for the light shade instead of medium etc I have fair skin, but I got the light shade because I don't mind going a little bit darker with tinted moisturizer, given it's sheer-ness I think you can get away with it without make-up.