Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

3.5

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

MAC SFF/Powder: NC35/C35
MUFE Mat Velvet+: 40
MUFE HD: 127
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H: 410 Bisque W
___________________________________________________
I bought this tinted moisturizer in Medium over a year ago. I used it when I don't feel like putting on a face of makeup. I apply only a pea-sized amount and dot it to my entire face (one dot on each cheek, forehead and chin). Then I rub it into my skin in circular motions. Voila. Done. In the end, I will not be repurchasing this. I used up what I could before its expiration date in July.

I like its coverage. It masked all my hyper pigmentation (caused by acne) and the redness caused by current, or healing, blemishes. I also liked that the moisturizer took care of my dry patches (blemishes) without making my face look too oily.

At times, the coverage felt very heavy (something I hated when applying it in July while visiting California), but otherwise wasn't too bad. In other words, you can FEEL it on your skin and you don't forget that you have it on. Even after half an hour of applying product to face, it cakes around my nose and mouth. I also felt that the hotter it got, the more it slid off my face. Boo.

_____________
Pros:
- covered hyper pigmentation and acne
- moisturizing
- has SPF
- matches my skin very well
- travels well (no mess! rode with me in the plane, in the car and by ferry)
- it did not break me out
Cons:
- felt heavy
- cakey (even when only a small amount is applied)
- transfers
- can "slide"

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Overpriced garbage. Salespeople have a way of pushing (read: lying about) certain products... not that I am averse to that, it is their job. But it is myself I am disappointed in. Surely I would have had enough common sense to resist their gift of gab and tempting promises! Yet I bought this. This was a while back, perhaps two years. Hated it instantly. Hate it yet.
It never works. It has a horrible texture, the finish, contrary to the claims, is nowhere near natural, it is greasy, separates into weird patches on your face over the course of the day, oxidizes slightly...and...worst yet: causal agent of horrific, catastrophic breakouts. I am blaming this alone, because I've had it for TWO friggin years... whenever I use this... either that very day, or the next, I break out terribly. It punishes the complexion.
When it's on, it looks awful, I look better with no makeup. When it's off, I realize I have fresh pimples directly due to this.

on 8/1/2011 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

The moisturizer has a great texture to it when first applied. However, the oils with which the product is made, begins to separate in the container, and on hot days, also separates on your face.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this for my Birthday using my Shoppers Drug Mart points & a bunch of other Smashbox (total $180, lol all for free, just paid tax!) & love the coverage & feels so nice! :)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

This product to me is like putting on a new set of skin. I am a professional makeup artist, and have used many products like these, and this one is my top pick. I feel its blends very smoothly, and dosnt feel greasy. Just makes me hydrated, ad evened out perfectly. I dont think it makes me feel oily at all. It just gives you a nice dewy look. This is great for all year round. Highly suggest this product! Also check out smashbox halo perfecting powder. : )

on 7/31/2010 3:11:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i have combination skin that gets oilier throughout the day. coverage is super sheer and i notice my skin slightly breaking out with little bumps on my forehead and on my cheeks. the only good thing about it is that it feels very light on the skin.

on 7/27/2010 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For $58 Singapore Dollars - I'm expecting GOOD STUFF HERE.

The product overall isn't bad. It gave me nice coverage in the beginning, and a gorgeous luminous glow. But for some reason over the process of the day - I felt it was getting darker (my skin type isn't one that oxidizes, so this was really confusing for me) and on top of it all, 4 hours later I felt it was an oil fest. I have very Normal skin just for the record. So I was really taken a back that everytime I touched my face for any reason, or scratched my nose or even moved my hair out of my face - I got streaks of the TM on my fingers.

This was a no go for me.

I love this tinted moisterizer! I don't like the feeling of makeup on my face and this doesn't give me that feeling at all! I have acne scarring on my cheeks, chin, and black heads on my nose and I use three very thin layers of this and it tones them and evens my skin tone out nicely. I'm not saying it gives me flawless skin because it doesn't but it certainly helps to hide some imperfections. I use my bareminerals poweder over it and I really just love the results. Especially how it really helps hide my blackheads. My face doesn't break out from it, which it tends to do when I put make up on. And it lasts a good few hours even when I was out in hot summer weather. Yes, it is a bit pricey but it does last a while because you don't need a whole bunch to cover your face.

on 4/27/2010 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I really wanted to like this product :[ it seemed perfect on paper! i always wanted a good tinted moisturizer that gives reasonably good coverage really fast for days i just dont have time. But for some reason this doesnt do that for me at all. it seems to cake up, yet not provide much coverage, however if i did take the time to apply it, i could get it to work better, still i dont feel like thats what i want in my tinted moisturizer :[

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I really am gonna have to eat my words for disparaging Smashbox in the past. This stuff is good quality, and wont turn your skin into a gigantic oil spill. It absorbs easily, moisturizes, and even though it's not thick enough to cover imperfections, its buildable enough. I use this with a little concealer and some illuminating face powder for an everyday look.