Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

3.8

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

on 11/14/2013 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this! As always with me, however, none of the shades are fair enough for me, but when I use it I'm just careful to blend it in really well around my jaw line, hair line, and around my ears. It gives my skin a wonderful glow. Does not give heavy coverage. Did not upset acne.

Who should use it: dry/dull skin not in need of heavy coverage.

Complaints: Did not last long on my skin, needed a lot of reapplying!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Just not that great - or at least for me. I bought this Smashbox product in luminous, and have just finished the tube, and I do not plan on picking this up ever again. For my fair, neutral-toned skin, I felt this tinted moisturizer has too much of a yellow undertone to it, and made me look a shade of orange in some areas of my face... Which leads me to another problem, I didn't find this to apply very evenly. On my T-Zone it often looked like I had applied too much, and on my cheeks it was spotty. Definitely was too oily, and I believe it lead to some breakouts on my skin. I tried to like it but I just can't. Looks like I'm on the hunt for a better tinted moisturizer for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

MAC SFF/Powder: NC35/C35
MUFE Mat Velvet+: 40
MUFE HD: 127
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H: 410 Bisque W
___________________________________________________
I bought this tinted moisturizer in Medium over a year ago. I used it when I don't feel like putting on a face of makeup. I apply only a pea-sized amount and dot it to my entire face (one dot on each cheek, forehead and chin). Then I rub it into my skin in circular motions. Voila. Done. In the end, I will not be repurchasing this. I used up what I could before its expiration date in July.

I like its coverage. It masked all my hyper pigmentation (caused by acne) and the redness caused by current, or healing, blemishes. I also liked that the moisturizer took care of my dry patches (blemishes) without making my face look too oily.

At times, the coverage felt very heavy (something I hated when applying it in July while visiting California), but otherwise wasn't too bad. In other words, you can FEEL it on your skin and you don't forget that you have it on. Even after half an hour of applying product to face, it cakes around my nose and mouth. I also felt that the hotter it got, the more it slid off my face. Boo.

_____________
Pros:
- covered hyper pigmentation and acne
- moisturizing
- has SPF
- matches my skin very well
- travels well (no mess! rode with me in the plane, in the car and by ferry)
- it did not break me out
Cons:
- felt heavy
- cakey (even when only a small amount is applied)
- transfers
- can "slide"

on 9/1/2012 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I have tried virtually every tinted moisturiser and every one has either been too sheer with no coverage or too think almost like a foundation. This one by smashbox is perfect for what I'm looking for. It's very buildable and gives coverage but it is not heavy and thick like others. I have this in the shade light and it is perfect for my skin tone. I agree with others that with there only being a choice of 4 shades, it can be difficult for some people to find a shade but I am lucky that the light shade matches my skin.

on 7/3/2012 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely love this stuff! For me it is a proper TM. Some ppl seem to expect a tinted moisturizer to more foundation-like and some are. If I wanted foundation I would use it. I find this to be perfect in that it is very creamy and moisturizing and it covers just enough and not too much. It even out my skin, leaves me glowy, and feels great on.

on 4/16/2012 11:14:00 PM

this moisturizer is better than average. I got it in medium tone. I give it 4 lippies only because it takes alot of product for it to show on my skin. A bit of it is moisturizing enough, but to get that smooth and sheer looking skin, it takes more product. Considering the price of this, I was hoping a little would go a long way. I do like it more for summer more than my regular foundation, and use it with Baked Physicians Bronzer and Mac Mineralize SkinFinish in gold spill. It is light and does not weight the skin down. It's long lasting and has not broke me out. If I find something similar that's of as good quality, I'd settle!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Great tinted moisturizer! I mix it with a bit of Korres primer and it applies smoothly. I love how it makes my skin feel, and with a bit of primer mixed in, the coverage is just enough to even things out without looking fake. And I love any facial product with sunscreen in it!

My only complaint was the that Light shade was too dark for me, but I've ordered a tube in Fair and I'll save the Light for summer. Or if Fair turns out too light for me, I'll mix the two shades together.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After swearing off any kind of liquid coverage due to it always looking cakey and gross on my dry skin, I finally tried this tinted moisturizer after reading so many positive reviews. The verdict? Holy relief, Batman! What a wonderful product! The first coverage product I've tried in years that doesn't make my face look worse! I place a dollop on a bamboo blush brush and sweep it across my skin with minimal effort (a little goes a long way!). It works great for me even in the summer due to how dry my skin is, lasts all day, and never feels greasy or heavy.

The only negative thing I have to say about it: the shades tend to run a bit on the orange side. I have olive skin and thought I needed the Light shade, but had to end up exchanging it for Fair. But now that I know what shade to use, I'll definitely be buying this again. Great job, Smashbox!

This is my favourite tinted moisturiser, and I have already repurchased it once. I have tried multiple tinted moisturisers including Laura Mercier, Stila, and MAC, but this one stands out as #1.

I wear Fair during the winter, and it matches my NC20-25 skin very well. It is yellow-toned and literally disappears when I apply it. It evens out my skin while looking like I am not wearing anything. I find it conceals minor redness very well and feels and looks like perfect bare skin. I consider the finish satin - it makes my skin glow but does not make my skin oily when set with powder. I would suggest this product for normal/combination and dry skin types. Those with oily skin may want to sample this before purchasing.

My only hesitation on this product is the packaging, but it would not stop me from repurchasing this a third time. The tube partially separated from the cap on my first tube. This was not a problem when I kept the product at home, but it meant I was unable to travel with it. I was in the drugstore today and noticed that the same thing had happened to one of the testers. My second tube has not had this problem, and I have travelled with it a few times.

Overall, I would highly recommend this product for someone looking for light-medium coverage with a natural finish.

on 12/17/2011 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this for 50 sing dollars i think, from sephora. and i didnt buy 1 mind you, i bought 2. yes, very very stupid. but i was new to makeup. and sephora just opened in singapore, so i was excited and wasted a 100 bucks, which till thsi day i deeply regret. None of their shades fit me. The SA suggested gettign two colours and mixing them together, and me being a makeup noob dutifully accepted the advice and shelled out the moolah.

I bought this in shades Medium(too dark) and Fair(far too light) to mix. The shade Light wasnt available in Singapore. For reference i'm probably an NC43/44 in MAC, and i wear Bobbi Brown stick foundation in Warm Honey, which matches me pretty well. This line runs pink. I have heavy yellow undertones to my skin(I'm indian). You can imagine the result. Bad Bad oxidation made my face look red/burnt. The texture is weird, the smell even more. And it transfers in hot, humid Singapore. Sigh. So i gave up and gave my mum the shade fair. It was slightly lighter than her skintone, but unfortunately, the pinkness clashed once again with the yellowness in my mum's skintone. So now both rot in my drawer. 100 bucks down the drain. Never will i buy a smashbox face product again. Overpriced bullshit.