Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

3.9

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

on 6/27/2014 12:41:00 AM

I never wear foundation (unless I'm going to be on stage) but I wanted something that would even out my skin and be light enough for daily wear. This was not it! I would never use the word sheer to describe this product. In my opinion this was just a foundation with poor coverage. My skin is on the drier side and this highlighted areas that I didn't even know were dry, like my nose. On to the next one...

After trying a plethora of foundations to cover up my uneven, acne-prone skin, this is the product I've felt most comfortable using for everyday wear. Goes on smooth and blends well with a moisturizer or over primer; with a brush or simply with fingers. I like that it's oil-free and has SPF (although it's relatively low). Still, it *is* sheer, and on the days my skin is extra dull or my hyper-pigmentation is more pronounced -- concealer is a must. My biggest complaint about an otherwise great product is that it is not friendly to those with oily skin. I've found that using a mattifying primer and/or a finishing powder, such as the MUFE Microfinish powder, contributes greatly to a more matte and even finish. For those who are blessed with spot-free skin, this is a great product for evening out skin-tone, and providing a layer of sun-protection without parabens and fragrance.

FEB 10/14: One of the SA's at my Shoppers told me that this product has been discontinued. Sad. However, as I've used this product for the past 5 years, this marketing decision gives me incentive to explore other products. If you love this TM and want something comparable to it, try the ones by Tarte, which to my knowledge, does not test on animals and is not owned by a big parent company.

on 4/17/2013 8:35:00 PM

I purchased this at Ulta and it was recommended by one of the girls there (not doing that again) I have a light-medium skintone and bought this moisturizer hoping it would give me a bit of a glow...when I got home the product was alot darker than what I tried at the store..I tried to lighten it with my actual moisturizer and when I put it on...I looked ORANGE! it just didn't flatter my skintone at all....the product was also really watery and with the way it's packaged shaking it won't really work. it's 32.00 which is average for a higher end beauty product but there are some better tinted moisturizers out there...laura mercier and benefit for sure.

on 2/21/2013 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on the recommendation of the "makeup expert" at the store. I found there wasn't enough coverage and it didn't seem very moisturizing for my dry skin. I'ts not that it's such a bad product, but for the price (over $30) I definitely expected more. Additionally, the last 25% of this moisturizer was the consistency of water and I couldn't even use it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely love this product! It has taken the place of a daily foundation and moisturizer. The coverage is great, and it really makes my skin glow!! Since my skin is so oily, I need to set it with pressed powder and when I check it in the mirror at about noon, I'm still shine-free. The only negative is the cost - $30 for moisturizer makes me cringe!

This product does what it says it will. The texture out of the bottle is smooth, but greasy. However, when applied to my oily/combo skin - it leaves it looking dewy and fresh. It does a great job of evening skin tone and my visible capilaries (under nose) and uneven skin tone are close to invisible. The glow-giving properties of this cream distract from any imperfections while being a light weight, easy, and fast option before running out the door.

In a pinch - pack it for the beach (SPF), for camping, or road trips. It's easy to put a small (and I emphasize, a pinky tip's worth is enough for the face) amount in your palm and rub over your skin for a fresh finish.

I bought this at sephora, and the suggested a certain primer will help it to perform better - but I can't remember what! Basically, they said 1 type of pimer would make it flake (oil based maybe?) and another would help it with coverage..... neither here nor there though.

Enjoy!

on 7/3/2012 9:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Absolutely love this stuff! For me it is a proper TM. Some ppl seem to expect a tinted moisturizer to more foundation-like and some are. If I wanted foundation I would use it. I find this to be perfect in that it is very creamy and moisturizing and it covers just enough and not too much. It even out my skin, leaves me glowy, and feels great on.

on 4/16/2012 11:14:00 PM

this moisturizer is better than average. I got it in medium tone. I give it 4 lippies only because it takes alot of product for it to show on my skin. A bit of it is moisturizing enough, but to get that smooth and sheer looking skin, it takes more product. Considering the price of this, I was hoping a little would go a long way. I do like it more for summer more than my regular foundation, and use it with Baked Physicians Bronzer and Mac Mineralize SkinFinish in gold spill. It is light and does not weight the skin down. It's long lasting and has not broke me out. If I find something similar that's of as good quality, I'd settle!

on 4/7/2012 4:14:00 AM

I never used to like tinted moisturizers because until recently I've had pretty problematic skin -- combination with a few breakouts a month. Due to blemishes and slight scarring, I always preferred high coverage foundations. In the past few months, though, I've found the best skincare routine for my face and since my skin is significantly clearer, I began trying out more tinted moisturizers. I had high hopes for this one, but I really just don't like it. Thankfully, this was a gift, because I'd be kicking myself if I purchased this for $30.
I liked that it had SPF, and applying this feels really nice. It glides on smoothly and evenly and makes my face super soft, just like a moisturizer. But that's my whole issue with this...it's pretty much nothing but a moisturizer. This gives absolutely no coverage. I wasn't expecting much, but a tinted moisturizer should have SOME color to it. Once it set, it still gave no coverage, but it did give my face a nice, dewy glow. Unfortunately, I had to cover up that glow with some powder to make my face look more finished. I've tried applying more of this, applying it in layers, but it just never shows up. I couldn't tell you if this lasted all day, because there's no color to go by, but this didn't irritate my skin at all.
I know a lot of people that will wear nothing but face primer on their minimal makeup days. I don't personally do this, but it makes your face smoother and gives a decent glow. That's basically what this product does. So why pay $30 when you can just wear a primer you already have out for the same effect?
I've tried and tried to make this work, but it just doesn't. I think one positive is that the shades would be very forgiving, since there's really no color. I guess I'll wear this on days when I feel like playing with my makeup but I'm not actually going anywhere because I hate to waste this. There are much better tinted moisturizers out there that don't cost nearly as much as this. Don't recommend.

on 3/18/2012 6:45:00 PM

This is a wonderful TM!!! I think this will work great for all skin types just beware if u have oily skin like me you will have to set it and touch up if u want a matte or semi matte look. One of my favorite things about this product is the finish its the perfect glow that I have always searched for. Perfect for everyday and another plus side it doesn't break out my skin which is super sensitive especially to silicones ! Def HG!