Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

3.9

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

on 5/16/2013 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Mixed Review! Overall it's a great product for coverage and gives a nice dewy look on it's own

PROS:
Coverage is great
Lasts a long time
Blends well

CONS:
Consistency is almost a little watery sometimes - it separates quickly
Coverage is a little too good (almost like a foundation)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

What I don't understand from the people who gave low ratings is that they expected this tined moisturizer to give coverage when in fact the product name itself is SHEER Focus. I really expected it to be sheer. I just bought it, so far I am loving it because I just needed something that evened out my skin tone. It says it is oil free but my skin is extremely oily, like after 1 hour after I wash my face I feel really oily again. Anyway, I bought it on sale, which is the only reason I am not repurchasing. I bought it in the shade fair because light was way too dark for me. In the lighting in the store, I thought it was too light but in natural sunlight (and after it set) it matched my skin tone perfectly.
A pretty good tinted moisturizer, but waaay overpriced.
I will update soon when I find something worth mentioning about the product.

--------------------------------------
I haven't been using it everyday, so I can't say that it hasnt been breaking me out. I still get regular breakouts now and then.

So far not bad.

After I apply it using my fingers, I blot it with either tissue or Kleenex Blotting Paper, the purple one. Afterwards I put on theBalm translucent powder.
-> this is usually done in the morning around 6am.
My skin is extremely oily and I live in a tropical country so I really expect my skin to be really shiny by noon. I haven't found a single product that stops my oil otherwise.

-May 27, 2013
--------------------------------------
oookay I'm Back! I have been using it everyday since I ran out of bb cream and haven't bought a replacement. I am reconsidering repurchasing because I think it is a great product! I haven't been breaking out aside from some small ones I get on a regular, monthly basis (ahem ahem) So I think I am compatible with this product.

-Aug 6, 2013

on 2/3/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I found this product overall very disappointing. I bought it in light, despite the fact that I have a light-medium skin tone. (1) To start the weirdly orange undertone took a lot to blend out. I often found my skin looking quite orange after I applied it. (2) I would have liked to see more shades, not just light, medium, dark. (3) When they say sheer focus, they mean it, I know its supposed to be just a tinted moisturizer, but at least give it some kind of tint! And one that's not orange. Or maybe make it buildable. (4) The packing I dislike, because it takes some force to pry it open and snap it closed, as well as the fact that a little goes a long way, yet the tube gives you 4x the amount you need.
So overall I disliked this product, I would NOT suggest buying it to anyone with awkward middle toned people, or anyone that wants a somewhat natural looking coverage (which it doesn't give). But if you have an awkward orange undertone, go right ahead and buy this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely love this product! It has taken the place of a daily foundation and moisturizer. The coverage is great, and it really makes my skin glow!! Since my skin is so oily, I need to set it with pressed powder and when I check it in the mirror at about noon, I'm still shine-free. The only negative is the cost - $30 for moisturizer makes me cringe!

on 8/14/2012 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

There's not much color selection, and the deepest color is too muddy ??? for my complexion. Somehow it's too dark and too light at the same time. The moisturizer itself just isn't anything to get excited over. It's not particularly moisturizing and it just costs a too much for what it does (or rather, doesn't do).

on 7/17/2012 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ok so I was looking for a oil free tinted moisturizer that would leave my skin somewhat dewy. I went into Sephora during the day and tried, too faced, tarte,bobbi brown and Laura Mercier. Finally Smashbox won the battle!!! It goes on smooth sheer with buildable coverage without looking cakey. The trick to smooth even application with tinted moisturizer is to apply with a Duo brush or any brush of your choice and makesure you buff gently into the skin : ) Back to the product it does not clog pores, or cause breakouts. It will give your skin an even look with a dewy glow!!!! I really like this product !!!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I like this TM. It's thicker and creamier than other TMs I've tried, but it also provides a lot more coverage. It's not too dewey and it looks great when set with powder. Since I have oily skin, I would not wear this in the summer as I can tell this would completely slip right off my face, but I would definitely give it a go in the winter when my skin tends to be drier. The colors run dark. I'm an NC45 in MAC and I usually wear a med-dark to dark shade in most brands, but in this I am a straight up medium, which is weird, haha.

Overall, it's nice, just not for spring and summer, at least for me.

on 1/24/2012 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Im really torn about this tinted moisturizer. It hasn't made my acne prone skin break out at all and covers up redness quite but it made my face HORRIBLY oily. Within 10 minutes of putting it on, you could probably fry an egg on my face. My face is oily to begin with and this just made it that much worse. I hate that it does that, but I think it would be better for normal to dry skin.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I really like this tinted moisturizer. Only for the fall/winter though only because even though I have oily skin, the cold air and wind dries my face up. If you have OILY SKIN, do NOT use this for the summer. Your face will get so greasy! It doesn't really moisturize that much, but I like how it goes on my face. Feels like really nice, doesn't break me out, and covers lightly! It is a light sheer coverage. I set it with my Philosophy supernatural foundation, which btw is great for summer and winter(IMO). It doesn't smell that bad either. Only thing I didn't like was how little is given for $30. Name brand.. y'know. Overall, it covers nicely for light scars and doesn't look cakey.

on 5/14/2011 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my second favorite tinted moisturizer, right under the Laura Mercier Oil Free one. I am about NW15 and have it in the color Luminous. It gives a slightly dewey finish when applied and it goes on sheer, which is great for summer. The coverage is definitely buildable, though (but by no means full coverage), so when I need more I'll just add another layer and add a little concealer to any blemishes, etc. I do have to set this with powder to make sure that it lasts all day and I would say it keeps me shine free for about 5 hours. It does not make me look like a greasball though, it's only minimum shine. The overall lasting power of this, on me of course, is about 7-8 hours. It does not last as long as my LM tm. This is not my HG, however, and if I had to choose I would definitely choose the Laura Mercier over this. I would probably repurchase in the future if I felt like I needed/wanted another tm, but I intend to just finish this one up and stick to the LM one..maybe try out the Kiss My Face one too and see how that works out. I would recommend this if you want a good tinted moisturizer for summer that has light, buildable coverage and has a slightly dewey finish.