Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

4.1

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

on 6/27/2014 12:41:00 AM

I never wear foundation (unless I'm going to be on stage) but I wanted something that would even out my skin and be light enough for daily wear. This was not it! I would never use the word sheer to describe this product. In my opinion this was just a foundation with poor coverage. My skin is on the drier side and this highlighted areas that I didn't even know were dry, like my nose. On to the next one...

I have been using this for a while now and I can't live without it!

As someone quite freckle faced with ginger hair I can't wear foundation because it covers up too much. I also can't wear too many powdery products because I have extremely dry skin. I was looking for something to give me a bit of sheer coverage and keep my skin hydrated. The SPF is a must because I could get a sunburn at midnight at the bottom of the ocean.

I bought this product on a whim with shoppers points. It's not something I would normally spend so much on because I thought it wouldn't last. Boy was I wrong! I've had it for almost a year, I wear it daily and I use it on my entire face and neck.

The packaging is just fine to me. To shake it I hold it by the end and wave it like an oatmeal packet before I open it. The product itself is very thin but I wouldn't say runny unless you take out a lot all at once. I use it after I put on my regular moisterizer which helps it go further. I put dabs on my finger about the size of a pommegranet seed and them blend them into my checks, chin and forehead. I find the consistency to be creamy and pleasant feeling, not at all heavy.

This is enough to cover my face and it blends out to a nice healthy even skin tone that doesn't cover my freckles. To be honest at first try I thought it was too dark for me even though I bought "fair" which is the lightest shade but because it spreads out so nicely it actually allows me to bridge the gap between ghost pale and fake orange! This product allows me to looks like I've finally gone one shade past pasty!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

There are other, better tinted moisturizers. I hate how smashbox has too much orange in their skin shades. Even the lightest shade made me look like an oompah loompah. I like the consistency and the color doesn't sheer out as quickly as others, but I'm not impressed.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

MAC SFF/Powder: NC35/C35
MUFE Mat Velvet+: 40
MUFE HD: 127
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H: 410 Bisque W
___________________________________________________
I bought this tinted moisturizer in Medium over a year ago. I used it when I don't feel like putting on a face of makeup. I apply only a pea-sized amount and dot it to my entire face (one dot on each cheek, forehead and chin). Then I rub it into my skin in circular motions. Voila. Done. In the end, I will not be repurchasing this. I used up what I could before its expiration date in July.

I like its coverage. It masked all my hyper pigmentation (caused by acne) and the redness caused by current, or healing, blemishes. I also liked that the moisturizer took care of my dry patches (blemishes) without making my face look too oily.

At times, the coverage felt very heavy (something I hated when applying it in July while visiting California), but otherwise wasn't too bad. In other words, you can FEEL it on your skin and you don't forget that you have it on. Even after half an hour of applying product to face, it cakes around my nose and mouth. I also felt that the hotter it got, the more it slid off my face. Boo.

_____________
Pros:
- covered hyper pigmentation and acne
- moisturizing
- has SPF
- matches my skin very well
- travels well (no mess! rode with me in the plane, in the car and by ferry)
- it did not break me out
Cons:
- felt heavy
- cakey (even when only a small amount is applied)
- transfers
- can "slide"

Love love LOVE this product. Very hydrating, sheer, and makes my skin look FLAWLESS. Though I don't love the price, it definitely is worth it. I think this is best applied with the hands and then blended with my Sigma Kabuki for a completely seamless look. Would buy again!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

After swearing off any kind of liquid coverage due to it always looking cakey and gross on my dry skin, I finally tried this tinted moisturizer after reading so many positive reviews. The verdict? Holy relief, Batman! What a wonderful product! The first coverage product I've tried in years that doesn't make my face look worse! I place a dollop on a bamboo blush brush and sweep it across my skin with minimal effort (a little goes a long way!). It works great for me even in the summer due to how dry my skin is, lasts all day, and never feels greasy or heavy.

The only negative thing I have to say about it: the shades tend to run a bit on the orange side. I have olive skin and thought I needed the Light shade, but had to end up exchanging it for Fair. But now that I know what shade to use, I'll definitely be buying this again. Great job, Smashbox!

on 1/4/2012 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this tinted moisturizer. Coverage is the way I need it and the tone matches my skintone just right. I've noticed also that my skin is not as dry anymore, so it seems the moisturizing function of it is working quite well.

I recommend this product, if you need a light to moderate coverage and extra moisture for your skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love this stuff! It's a great tinted moisturizer, I have it in both fair and luminous. I use this everyday, on days that i want more coverage I use it under my bare minerals for a flawless look. This doesn't turn orange as the day goes on, and it goes on nice and sheer.

on 10/1/2010 2:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

First and foremost, I love this moisturizer!! It's actually the best tinted moisturizer I've found, I don't like foundation so this in particular was a good alternative for me. It has a really thick, creamy texture and goes goes on very smoothly. The tube is small (50mls/1.7 oz.) but it goes on very sparingly. Surprisingly, it actually provides a decent, very natural looking coverage. Skin feels soft and dewy, and it is NOT greasy at all. Hallelujah. I'm guessing that's the oil absorbers in it. I live in New Zealand and the sun is INTENSE so SPF 15 UVA/UVB filters are great. I should say to watch what shade you get because to colours are unusually dark, so a person with say...olive skin tone may want to go for the light shade instead of medium etc I have fair skin, but I got the light shade because I don't mind going a little bit darker with tinted moisturizer, given it's sheer-ness I think you can get away with it without make-up.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really liked this product. The coverage is very sheer, but it provides a fabulous dewy glow. Not something to use if your looking to hide imperfections, thats for sure. I prefer the luminous color, as it is sheer and hits my winter pale face perfectly. My only complaint is, the last one i bought , i dont know, its like the hole was too big and it used to come out and pool in the cap. Since this is expensive, I was quite annoyed. As a poor poor student this is a luxury purchase and i was disappointed to not get my full value. Other than that, fannntastic!