Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

3.8

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

on 6/27/2014 12:41:00 AM

I never wear foundation (unless I'm going to be on stage) but I wanted something that would even out my skin and be light enough for daily wear. This was not it! I would never use the word sheer to describe this product. In my opinion this was just a foundation with poor coverage. My skin is on the drier side and this highlighted areas that I didn't even know were dry, like my nose. On to the next one...

on 1/4/2013 6:04:00 PM

Awful. The coverage was very sheer and had a dewy finish. It wasn't so bad until I realized this product was breaking me out! It also dried out my skin horribly.? I talked to a lady working at a Chanel counter and she told me that smashbox was stage makeup and that she had a similar reaction to one of their products. I gave it to my little sister though and she loves it and hasn't had any problems... It just didn't work well with my skin.

This product is just bad news for anyone who has oily skin in need of coverage for acne/marks. I am definitely someone who leans towards more of a dewy look for makeup, which is why my interest was struck by this, however, it does not sink in or look like real skin at all. Instead it just sits on top like tinted grease and as a result it provides no coverage. I originally got drawn to this over other foundations because I am allergic/reactive to titanium dioxide so the spf being octoxinate (sp?) and zinc oxide drew me in bc those are A-OK with my skin. However it just useless and I ended up returning it after one trial, which sucks. Oh well, just hope they stop formulatings with TiO for us sensitive people (it gives me a consistent pimply rash whenever I use makeup with it).

I am continuing to search for a tinted moisturizer that won't break me out.I barely had this on for a half day till I started getting major clogged pores on my chin. So disappointed.

on 12/17/2011 4:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I bought this for 50 sing dollars i think, from sephora. and i didnt buy 1 mind you, i bought 2. yes, very very stupid. but i was new to makeup. and sephora just opened in singapore, so i was excited and wasted a 100 bucks, which till thsi day i deeply regret. None of their shades fit me. The SA suggested gettign two colours and mixing them together, and me being a makeup noob dutifully accepted the advice and shelled out the moolah.

I bought this in shades Medium(too dark) and Fair(far too light) to mix. The shade Light wasnt available in Singapore. For reference i'm probably an NC43/44 in MAC, and i wear Bobbi Brown stick foundation in Warm Honey, which matches me pretty well. This line runs pink. I have heavy yellow undertones to my skin(I'm indian). You can imagine the result. Bad Bad oxidation made my face look red/burnt. The texture is weird, the smell even more. And it transfers in hot, humid Singapore. Sigh. So i gave up and gave my mum the shade fair. It was slightly lighter than her skintone, but unfortunately, the pinkness clashed once again with the yellowness in my mum's skintone. So now both rot in my drawer. 100 bucks down the drain. Never will i buy a smashbox face product again. Overpriced bullshit.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Overpriced garbage. Salespeople have a way of pushing (read: lying about) certain products... not that I am averse to that, it is their job. But it is myself I am disappointed in. Surely I would have had enough common sense to resist their gift of gab and tempting promises! Yet I bought this. This was a while back, perhaps two years. Hated it instantly. Hate it yet.
It never works. It has a horrible texture, the finish, contrary to the claims, is nowhere near natural, it is greasy, separates into weird patches on your face over the course of the day, oxidizes slightly...and...worst yet: causal agent of horrific, catastrophic breakouts. I am blaming this alone, because I've had it for TWO friggin years... whenever I use this... either that very day, or the next, I break out terribly. It punishes the complexion.
When it's on, it looks awful, I look better with no makeup. When it's off, I realize I have fresh pimples directly due to this.

I have overall good skin, just pimples here and there and some oil. So i thought trying out a tinted moisturizer would kind of "enhance" my skin, as it does not need heavy coverage. But wow this TM has absolutely no coverage at all! nothing special about it. Also, when it dried on my skin, you could see obvious powder all of my face! it dries very powdery and i did not want to see that. i wanted something natural. i returned this because it did not have a little coverage, it had absolutely NO coverage. Did NOTHING special. no glow...no making my complexion a bit more even..nothing.

One of the positive things I can say about this is the color. The sales associate recommended this in "light" for me. I told her that was a no-go and it looked too dark. She swatched "fair" on the back of my hand and it matched my skin to a T (which never happens!). Other than that this stuff doesn't do squat. I am acne prone and did break out from this. Not only that but this doesn't cover squat! It evens out the skin's tone but that might be it. For the redness on my cheeks I had to heavily layer this (which means it ended up looking a bit cakey). I also have acne right now and that showed right through. This does have lasting power and did hold up through out the entire day though. That's another, rare, positive thing I'll add about this. Overall though this product isn't that great and it'll be returned to Ulta a.s.a.p.

Skin: Other, Tan, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I think im the only one that wasnt pleased with this product, And although i wasnt pleased, i used it all up cuz i didnt want it to go to waste. I felt that it was very oily, there were times when i would squeeze this stuff out and the oil came out before the foundation. I had to mix it before putting on my face. It also had a smell to it, it smelt like hair dye. Im finally done with this and looking forward to buying something new and oil free.

I was considering a list of TMs/Liquid Foundations when I decided to take the plunge and get this, a brand I've never tried. First time I used it in the morning, it felt velvety on my skin, almost greasy which is strange because it's supposed to be oil-free. After 5 uses, I started to notice a lot of clogged pores but I continued with it. few days later, I seemed to be getting huge pimples on my cheeks and even on top of my eyebrow. I hardly ever get them on my brow area and this one just seemed to pop up overnight. That was when I realise this TM could be the culprit causing my skin to breakout badly. Last time I broke out so badly was when I used Dermalogica's Barrier Repair which was chock-full of silicones. then i refer to the ingredients list for this tm, and it does contain several different form of silicones, not good at all for acne-prone skin. it's going straight into the bin.