Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Filtered by age: 44-55
Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

4.2

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this for my Birthday using my Shoppers Drug Mart points & a bunch of other Smashbox (total $180, lol all for free, just paid tax!) & love the coverage & feels so nice! :)

on 2/18/2010 2:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was my first venture using a tinted moisurizer, mainly because any makeup I've used has been a mineral, due to my very oily skin. I had read a variety of comments regarding this product, and decided to give it a try.

First off, it was certainly pigmented more than I thought a tinted moisturizer would be, and with this you have to be careful. I bought Medium, although upon my initial application it appeared to be quite dark on my face (I am NC45). I worked it in well, ensuring I had no lines showing along my neckline. Then on very close inspection using my 20x mirror, I noticed that the moisturizer had settled in the very large pores I had on my nose. It looked like I hadn't been doing a proper facial cleaning routine.

Being a little disappointed, I did a little work to remove it from my pores, and then instead of applying it directly to my nose, I used less, distributed it to my fingers first, and then applied it to my nose. Much better. However, wanting to get the SPF factor of 15 utilized, I really can't say whether or not the amount on my nose would be beneficial. I brushed on a little PTR powder SPF and everything looked very good.

I am also pleasantly surprised that I don't get overly oily using this product. It has a lovely texture and provides a really nice wash of fresh colour, but don't look to it to cover any major flaws. It can't cover anything like pimples or sun spots. For that you will still have to use a concealer, which I did AFTER applying it.

All in all, a really nice product for a light makeup look. Though it is a little expensive, I would certainly re-purchase.

April 17/2011 - After continued use, this product started to make my skin really oily. As SPF15 is not strong enough IMO, I have gone to using Neutrogena Dry Touch Sheer SPF30 followed my Laura Mercier mineral powder.

on 1/10/2010 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is what Laura Mercier wishes it was, but isnt. I bought this a while ago and forgot about it. Pulled it out again and remembered how much I liked it. Its not a full coverage, but thats not the point with tinted moisturizer. Its so blendable when it goes on. My skin is so dry I almost always have problems with foundations going on easily but this goes right on quickly, blends well, and is not totally matte, (which I hate). I dont have to spend alot of time working with it to get it right. Great tinted moisturiizer. But if you are looking for something with more cover you might not like this.

on 11/15/2009 8:15:00 AM

I never expect 'coverage' from tinted moisturizers but at least they can even out skin tone. This is very light. It almost does nothing to my face other than moisturize. It's too sheer to even out my skin tone. The only thing I like about it is the color. The name is Light but it's yellow based medium tan - just right for my NC30 yellow Asian skin. If you want a moisturizer that can give you a little color so you won't look too bland, this is it. If you want some coverage, go for Laura Mercier.

Warning: Should not use it if you're acne prone.

on 7/9/2009 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is the second summer that I am using this product. I love it. It gives a luminous glow, no shimmer, and stays on all day. Very light coverage. I don't use concealer, but find that if I have a day where I need to hide some redness, I top the Smashbox off with everyday mineral foundation powder. My daughter tried the Smashbox TM and loved the way it felt on her skin- not heavy or slippery. We both have oily skin. The best part is that a very little dollop will cover my entire face, so you really get a lot of product for the money. I have tried many other TM's but this is the only one that makes my skin radiate. HG!!!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I had been using Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer, which I absolutely love, but unfortunately have a hard time getting. I live in Canada and the nearest store that sells BB is over two hours away and I can't order online. So, I was searching for a tinted moisturizer that I could buy in store in my city and that would "do". After reading some favourable reviews here, I headed to Shoppers Drug Mart and bought it in fair. To my surprise, I actually...love it!! The shade is good. The consistency is good. It doesn't make me breakout, which, unfortunately, is still an issue even though I'm as old as the trees! I don't have any trouble with the packaging as others have said. The price is $15 cheaper than the BB which is also good! I use a moisturizer underneath (Complex 15 with 2 drops jojoba). The tinted moisturizer goes on smoothly over this and looks just like my skin but better. I don't apply powder over as I find that powder will accentuate my lines and make me look older. I usually need to blot once a day. All in all, this is a great product and I will continue using until Bobbi Brown comes to my town, which will be forever, I'm afraid!

EDIT: I haven't used this for awhile. Turned out that the lightest shade is not quite light enough.

on 1/5/2009 9:44:00 PM

So far, so good. After a couple of years of mineral foundation use, I thought it was time for a change. At 50, my skin needs more moisture and lasting color. I'm pleased with the light coverage and moisturizing protection that this product gives. Powdered blush goes over it nicely. All of it stays together for the day, unlike the mineral powder which fades away by lunchtime for me.

on 7/20/2008 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

For everyday use I only use a tinted moisturizer, have tried numerous brands and I have used the Laura Mercier for the last few years. However I gave this a try as it was advertised at Nordstrom and it is now my absolute favorite. Light converage and gives my skin a glow which it sorely needs. My skin tends to be oily in the T zone so I do use a light powder over it. If I am going out I use a powder foundation over it midface (philosophy or every day minerals) and can use a lot less than I would need if using the foundation alone.
It's great; my only reservation would be for women with darker skin (there was only one shade when I bought mine) or very oily skin; if you don't wear a moisturizer you wouldn't wear this.
My skin is light but not fair and I have some old acne scars which I sometimes use a correcting pencil type concealer to cover

on 7/2/2008 9:05:00 PM

Like Korres' SPF 30 tinted moisturizer, this one is also non-oily, which is why I like it. It is less covering than Korres', but it does a nice job nevertheless. I also use it with powder (I tried Cover FX's mineral loose powder) and I was satisfied with the results. I've had it all day and only needed to blot my T-zone once.

on 7/2/2008 5:09:00 PM

I really like this tinted moisturizer. I have it in Light and although my light/medium complexion is a little tanner in the summer months, this wasn't too light on me. The coverage is light but adequate if your skin looks pretty good, as mine does. Upon first applying it, it will appear shiny until it dries. I usually apply it with a sponge or foundation brush, let it dry and then lightly apply some mineral finishing dust with a big, fluffy brush. Sets very nicely, wears pretty well. Overall, I really like this.