Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

Filtered by age: 25-29
Smashbox Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Sheer Focus Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

3.5

Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/ Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Honey, Pectin, Lecithin, C20-22 Alcohols, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Polysilicone-11, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone, Oligopeptide-10, Silica, Betaine, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethoxydiglycol, Xanthan Gum, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Triethanolamine, Triethoxy Caprylylsilane, Polysorbate 20, Sorbitan Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol Laurate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Tetrasodium EDTA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: 7.0% Octinoxate (2-Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate), 2.9% Zinc Oxide

on 6/27/2014 12:41:00 AM

I never wear foundation (unless I'm going to be on stage) but I wanted something that would even out my skin and be light enough for daily wear. This was not it! I would never use the word sheer to describe this product. In my opinion this was just a foundation with poor coverage. My skin is on the drier side and this highlighted areas that I didn't even know were dry, like my nose. On to the next one...

on 11/14/2013 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love this! As always with me, however, none of the shades are fair enough for me, but when I use it I'm just careful to blend it in really well around my jaw line, hair line, and around my ears. It gives my skin a wonderful glow. Does not give heavy coverage. Did not upset acne.

Who should use it: dry/dull skin not in need of heavy coverage.

Complaints: Did not last long on my skin, needed a lot of reapplying!

I have been using this for a while now and I can't live without it!

As someone quite freckle faced with ginger hair I can't wear foundation because it covers up too much. I also can't wear too many powdery products because I have extremely dry skin. I was looking for something to give me a bit of sheer coverage and keep my skin hydrated. The SPF is a must because I could get a sunburn at midnight at the bottom of the ocean.

I bought this product on a whim with shoppers points. It's not something I would normally spend so much on because I thought it wouldn't last. Boy was I wrong! I've had it for almost a year, I wear it daily and I use it on my entire face and neck.

The packaging is just fine to me. To shake it I hold it by the end and wave it like an oatmeal packet before I open it. The product itself is very thin but I wouldn't say runny unless you take out a lot all at once. I use it after I put on my regular moisterizer which helps it go further. I put dabs on my finger about the size of a pommegranet seed and them blend them into my checks, chin and forehead. I find the consistency to be creamy and pleasant feeling, not at all heavy.

This is enough to cover my face and it blends out to a nice healthy even skin tone that doesn't cover my freckles. To be honest at first try I thought it was too dark for me even though I bought "fair" which is the lightest shade but because it spreads out so nicely it actually allows me to bridge the gap between ghost pale and fake orange! This product allows me to looks like I've finally gone one shade past pasty!

on 4/17/2013 8:35:00 PM

I purchased this at Ulta and it was recommended by one of the girls there (not doing that again) I have a light-medium skintone and bought this moisturizer hoping it would give me a bit of a glow...when I got home the product was alot darker than what I tried at the store..I tried to lighten it with my actual moisturizer and when I put it on...I looked ORANGE! it just didn't flatter my skintone at all....the product was also really watery and with the way it's packaged shaking it won't really work. it's 32.00 which is average for a higher end beauty product but there are some better tinted moisturizers out there...laura mercier and benefit for sure.

on 2/21/2013 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this on the recommendation of the "makeup expert" at the store. I found there wasn't enough coverage and it didn't seem very moisturizing for my dry skin. I'ts not that it's such a bad product, but for the price (over $30) I definitely expected more. Additionally, the last 25% of this moisturizer was the consistency of water and I couldn't even use it.

This product is just bad news for anyone who has oily skin in need of coverage for acne/marks. I am definitely someone who leans towards more of a dewy look for makeup, which is why my interest was struck by this, however, it does not sink in or look like real skin at all. Instead it just sits on top like tinted grease and as a result it provides no coverage. I originally got drawn to this over other foundations because I am allergic/reactive to titanium dioxide so the spf being octoxinate (sp?) and zinc oxide drew me in bc those are A-OK with my skin. However it just useless and I ended up returning it after one trial, which sucks. Oh well, just hope they stop formulatings with TiO for us sensitive people (it gives me a consistent pimply rash whenever I use makeup with it).

on 8/14/2012 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

There's not much color selection, and the deepest color is too muddy ??? for my complexion. Somehow it's too dark and too light at the same time. The moisturizer itself just isn't anything to get excited over. It's not particularly moisturizing and it just costs a too much for what it does (or rather, doesn't do).

on 7/17/2012 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Ok so I was looking for a oil free tinted moisturizer that would leave my skin somewhat dewy. I went into Sephora during the day and tried, too faced, tarte,bobbi brown and Laura Mercier. Finally Smashbox won the battle!!! It goes on smooth sheer with buildable coverage without looking cakey. The trick to smooth even application with tinted moisturizer is to apply with a Duo brush or any brush of your choice and makesure you buff gently into the skin : ) Back to the product it does not clog pores, or cause breakouts. It will give your skin an even look with a dewy glow!!!! I really like this product !!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok product. But for my NC 40 skin I had to mix the light and the medium shade together to get what I wanted. Such a waste of money. Will not buy again

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

After reading many great reviews, I decided to give this product a try. I am so happy to say that it was totally worth the splurge! I am in LOVE! Instantly removes redness and leaves my face with a lovely, dewy glow. I set with the tiniest bit of mineral powder, spray w/ Urban Decay's De-Slick spray, and I am good to go with a low-maintenance summer look. Love love love! A little on the pricey side, but worth it IMO. Will definitely be re-purchasing!