Tree Hut Shea Body Butter Hawaiian Kukui

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.5

I always receive this body butter as a gift,and it is my absolute fave. I have mostly good skin...or so I thought before using this. This has just made my skin soooo moisturized and smooth. I can't keep my hands off of myself. lol And the smell..oh my goodness. I am transported to a summer morning thanks to this scent. Truly tropical. The scent alone helps with my winter blues. Sometimes I find myself lathering up with this stuff a few times a day,not that I need to.. I just can't get over how truly amazing a butter can be.

This is a top of the line product for cheap,haven't used any lotion better than this. And to think i've spent 80 bucks on my previous moisturizer which left my skin blotchy and dry.

This butter is a WIN!! HG lotion/butter for sure.

This and the Brazilian Nut are my favorite scents from Tree Hut products. The Hawaiian Kukui, I feel, has better texture than the other Tree Hut body butters. Sometimes when I purchase the body butter it's smooth and creamy and blends well, and other times it's waxy and goes on in clumps onto my skin (not attractive on legs lol). Anyhow, I noticed the Hawaiian Kukui is pretty much consistent in quality. It also has a divine "sun tanny" scent. I get asked all the time what scent I'm wearing and where to buy it! Definitely a keeper!

PROS: Love the nutty, sweet, slightly fruity smell. Inexpensive. Found in my Walmart.

CONS: You should smell it first; the scent is strong (but I like it okay.) Some will not like that it comes in a jar, (but my hands are clean before I apply cream anyway.)

USAGE TIPS: If you don't already, you may want to try leaving skin moist/wet after shower and applying this right away. It really seals in the moisture, and you need a lot less product too.

ALTERNATE: I also really like Cantu's Shea Butter Body Butter that smells much more mild than this one. (It's usually found in the African American shampoo/lotion section of my Walmart.)

This review is for the KuKui body butter. I have also tried the original scent, which has a strong, but non-fakey, smelling nut fragrance. The kukui fragrance is still nutty, but lighter. I prefer kukui. I'm not the type that likes the feeling of body butter all over my skin, but these are great for your feet and hands/nails, and are of very nice quality for the price - the best I've found period for softening hands & feet without the help of hydroxyacids. Let me know if you can find similar quality and performance in a butter that isn't as strongly foodie-fragranced - for anywhere near the price. I get mine at Walmart. My jar of original is getting fairly old now, and still no rancid off-smells. BTW, I find the lotions to be just mediocre - the butters are where it's at

Popular Lotions / Creams