Kiehl's Rice & Wheat Volumizing Shampoo

3.8

on 1/5/2016 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Been feeling love and hate to this shampoo. It gives such good volume and makes your hair shine nicely (not loily) and you do feel clean when you use it but it just does and smell good. Thats why i tried some other volumizing shampoos such as Davines Volu and Klorane Volume shampoo... they were waste of money of all times for me. Gone back to this shampoo and im using from now and then

i've got to say that im not d biggest fan of kiehl's shampoo especially this one because the shampoo is really heavy and it doesnt actually volumizes ur hair.very dissapointed

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

This shampoo smells very nice, and my hair isn't weighed down by it, but ends up with a nice sheen every time when I use this together with the Rice & Wheat conditioner. It is a bit pricey though, which is why I haven't purchased it in a while. But I'm missing it, so I;ll probably go back to it soon.

on 1/22/2011 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

If you have COLOURED HAIR then DO NOT USE this shampoo;
I usually use a specific colour care shampoo with an alternative a couple of times a week, normally a fine hair/volumizing type shampoo.
I bought the Kiehls Rice & Wheat shampoo on advice from the girls in Space NK (they had surprisingly little stock of any shampoo at the time). The very first, and only, time I used it the colour was litteraly stripped from my hair, the richness, depth, gloss and intensity removed in one wash. I have never had a product or shampoo do this before AND the advice I had been given was around it being gentle and safe for colour. I really can't comment on the shampoo for volumizing or ongoing use, I can report my fine and soft hair not only lost colour but all round condition and was left dry and flat and lifeless.

on 12/16/2009 1:00:00 PM

I love, love, LOVE this shampoo. I have very fine, very thin hair. I have tried dozens of different shampoos to find one that creates enough volume that my hair doesn't lay flat against my head. I have tried many "recommended" brands to volumize hair with mediocre results. This shampoo is a godsend! I can tell when I start styling my hair that I did or did not use it. It creates instant volume for my hair, and my hair is always very soft. The shampoo is a little expensive compared to big box store shampoos, but comparable to salon shampoos. It makes a huge difference in my hair, and I would not go without it!

When I look for a volumizing shampoo.. there are certain things I watch for. The feel, shine, and heaviness of my hair after shampooing. The smell alone of this shampoo and conditioner won me over! YUM! YUM! YUM! I also loved the fact that my hair felt very light, getting volume from revitalization rather than product build-up. my hair was so soft and smooth, I love using it at the gym when i get out of the pool. The softness and shine feels and looks great throughout the day. And since using the shampoo and conditioner, ive had to use LESS styling products to get the volume I need!!

on 2/2/2009 10:51:00 AM

I've always been in search for the perfect shampoo that smells good and linger long enough, cleanse my scalp well that can remain oil free for at least 12 hours in this humid weather in Hong Kong. And I've almost tried every Kiehl's shampoo: herbal protein, amino acid, tea tree and now this Rice & Wheat. Actually, I think none of them can meet my request, but rice & wheat and amino acid being the worst performers! Yes it did smell good but except this it cant do anything but worsen it. First, it left a lot of build up on my hair, maybe because it contain protein and glucose. And they seem to attract the pollutants in the air! Second, this shampoo strip off the moisture of my hair, even though I use the conditioner from the same line, I could not comb through my hair after drying! Third, it couldn't keep my hair from oil free (although it is not made for oil controlling ). Last, I cant see any effect of volumizing.
I hope this review would help. I strongly suggest you take the samples before buying. And I would only recommend it to those people who only wants a fragrant shampoo!

on 12/22/2008 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love how this smells and that it doesn't strip my dry, fine hair. I love the thick creamy lather that this builds... but it doesn't do anything special for my hair beyond being lovely to use and not drying. Not much volume, either. I'll keep looking.

on 11/25/2008 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I absolutely adore this shampoo!!
It smells heavenly, cleanse great, and volumizing well. I wash my hair at night. The next day, it looks shiny, healthy, and it has volume!! I love love love this shampoo!! It doesn't foam too much. I guess it's because it doesn't have too much chemical foaming agent. But it doesn cleanse well. I have fine, long hair, so I need to use a little more (about a little more than a quarter size) for my whole head. At this rate, it'll run out very soon, so I don't use it everyday. I wish kiehl's carry a bigger liter size. I would definitely buy it.

on 10/30/2008 11:46:00 PM

I don't think this product volumizes that much (which is why I took a lippie off), but it does smell fantastic and cleanses really well. Then again, i don't blowdry my hair, so that could be the reason why. Good overall shampoo

Popular Shampoos