bareMinerals Essential Brow Color - Dark Blonde / Medium Brown

4.7

The color is fine although I have to use a darker color on the outer brow. Longevity is sub par, it disappears in a few hours. The worst aspect is the tiny, messy pot. Even peeling a corner of the adhesive covering the holes has the powder all over the container. I’ve spilled it all over my makeup bag. Terrible.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The best. I have dark brown hair but dark brown products look a little harsh on me & they turn red. This is not harsh, super controllable, lasts a long time. I've had this little pot forever & have plenty left. Does a pretty good job filling in the sparse areas when applied with flat eyeliner brush. If I want a darker brow I apply into my brow backwards then smooth out with a spoolie. HG stuff for sure.

I adore this product. It's the perfect color for me. I have (naturally) light brown hair and I dye it any range from light brown to auburn and this product works well for either color. It's very smooth and don't look powdery/splotchy. I use a flat liner brush to apply. I can use this alone or with my other HG brow product, Maybelline Define a Brow. This also lasts a long time because you use a very small amount. I've had the 0.1 oz jar for over a year and still have plenty of product left. (I did take about half out of the jar and put it in a baggy to keep it fresher and so too much product wouldn't come out)

This is a perfect color for my brows and looks so very natural, stays on all day/night no problems too. =] There is so much powder I feel this can easily last me for a long long time.

I started using this brow powder in 2003. I have very sparse brows and I've always had to fill them in. It's hard to find a good color match. This brow powder was a lifesaver. Dark blonde/medium brown is probably the most universally flattering color. I have brown hair but sometimes I will put blond highlights in it for the summer or go dark brown in the winter. I don't have to change the brow powder out when I go lighter or darker. The key to this brow powder is a good angled brush. I use a BE angled eye brow brush. If you use short strokes, it gives a natural hair like finish. I've had people compliment me on my eyebrows and before I started using BE, people felt sorry for my sad eyebrows. This is one of maybe 5 products that I continually buy. I have so much makeup that I'll never run out of eyeshadow or blush but this brow powder is the only one I'll use. If I could only have 10 makeup items, this brow powder and an angled liner would be at the top of my list. It's one of my favorites of all time. A true HG item for me.

The best brow color I have ever found. A little goes a long way on me. Just a gentle swipe of this and my brows are popping. I'm a recent convert to BE products and I'm basically addicted. So far, I love everything they make! This brow color is no exception.

I don't have any problems with the packaging quality because I'm not sure how else they would package it if they changed it.. a sifter in this product would make it much more difficult to use. However, when spilled or knocked over, this container does loose a lot of powder because there is not sifter to keep the product in better.

This powder does an amazing job in darkening my blond eye brows and fills them in to be a great shape. Since it's a powder it looks a lot more natural and blended in (a lot less stark and obvious) than a pencil does. I am in love with so many BE products but out of the many, many BE products I own this is one of my top 3 must have BE products because it does such wonders. I have always been an eyebrow person and this is one of those products you don't think you need until you try it and you realize you can't ever live without it. I have had the container I use now for 2 years, it is about half full and has been through 2 small spills and one huge spill. I expect this product to last me a few more years as long as I don't knock it over or drop it too often. When I do run out, I will always continue to repurchase. HG status.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've been using this for about a week. I like the finish, and it seems to last better than some e/s I've used as brow filler.

It might be a little grey-toned for me - but the depth of the color is nice - it's a pretty neutral brown.

Also, the price is $11 - and a little goes a long way - so you're getting a lot of product for less than a MAC shadow.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this kit well over a year ago and have used it EVERYDAY since. I have commitment issues with hair color and routinely go between blonde and brunette every year. I can use this brow powder shade through both hair colors and everything in between and it still looks very natural. Very little product goes a long, long ways and I have a feeling it might take 5 years to go through this product even though it is a small container and I use it daily.

I apply the brow gel prior to the powder rather than after like the directions suggest. I also have to say that I love the brush the kit came with. The bristles are very stiff so they can get past the hair and down to the skin. Also the stiffness allows for excellent product placement control.

I will NEVER go back to using a brow pencil or drugstore brow powders ever again. This is my HG brow defining kit.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This particular shade is perfect for ashy-brown brows. My brows are a sort of dull brown and most brown brow powders are too golden or red. Nothing looks worse than seeing hairs and then seeing a different color behind it! That just looks fake, fake, fake.
BE Dark Blonde / Medium Brown is very close to Shu Uemura's Seal Brown - basically it's Seal Brown in powder form. It's also very similar to Anastasia's Medium Ash brow powder duo. My hair color is L'Oreal Excellence 7BB Dark Beige Blonde over my natural light brown hair and this complements it perfectly.
My brows are well shaped but thin and a bit sparse. Normally I use a pencil to define my brows and powder or pencil to fill in the gaps, but with BE's Brow Color, I can do *both* if I apply the powder damp. Damp?? Yes!!! The powder becomes much more precise if applied damp. Here's how I do it: use a touch of liquid liner transformer and dampen an angled brow brush (not wet, just damp). Work the brush into a bit of the brow powder. Next, wipe any excess off and define brows with soft, delicate strokes. It takes a few tries to get the balance of powder and liquid right, but this is the only product and technique I've found that gives me perfect, precise and natural-looking brows.
Tools I use: Paula Dorf Transformer and Trish McEvoy #50 angled eye lining brush. continued >>

Popular Brows Products