Laura Geller Baked Body Frosting - Honey Glow

Filtered by age: 44-55

Mica, Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retynyl Palmitate, BHT, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

I love this bronzer for my face. I don't use it to contour my cheeks, but I do on my jawline. Great for the top of your face at the hairline. The color is perfect. I apply it with a Real Techniques blush brush. I do not like the high lid on the compact, takes up too much room.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

OK. First let me start by saying that my quest for the perfect bronzer was more health related than wanting to look pretty. Over the years, I totally did some very naughty skin abuse to myself by "baking" in the sun with baby oil and iodine. Although genetically, I am fortunate to not have leathery skin, I DID manage to get squamous cell skin cancer on my face. After successful MOHS surgery, I learned my lesson and still manage to go to my beloved beach--however, now I have a TON of sunscreen, a huge hat and I am under an umbrella. As such, I now have a ban on the tan.
Soooo....I do get sprayed sometimes, and do use fake tan product on my legs. But the face...the face. I've tried so many products on my face to give it that tanned glow, but I usually look like an orange, or a nectarine, or I just look like my face is dirty--but the kind of dirty that a five year old comes home with after a day at the playground!
So..I tried this Baked Body Frosting. I have to tell you -- I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!! Here's what I do. After I prime my face, (I don't use foundation), I dot my concealer on any parts that need it. Then I use my TARTE blush. After I do my eyes and all is done. I take my big brush, swirl it on the baked Body Frosting and lightly brush it on my face. It looks totally natural. I then layer it on depending just how "tan" I want to look. I'll tell you, for any of you who really are concerned with sun damage--this stuff is priceless! I've even used this stuff on my arms, neck and legs and have no complaint--but since I'm so deeply shallow, I would rather save it for my face.
Also..I've tried other more expensive bronzers for the face and this is by far the best. My only complaint--Ms. Geller should rename this to Baked Body and FACE Frosting.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Add me to the list of those who LOVE this product! My skin just isn't the same without it! Honey Glow doesn't add color to my skin. It goes on as a sheer, buttery, silky glow that melts into my skin and makes it look flawless and radiant. I use this on my neck, shoulders, arms, legs, and sometimes even on my stomach and back. It can be used wet or dry, but I prefer the dry look because it's less shimmery and looks more natural. I just smooth on a little bit with the puff that comes with the compact, and I'm good to go for hours and hours. This washes off with soap or body wash in the shower. I haven't had any problems with this powder transferring to my clothing, or even my bedsheets. When I apply this I'm careful not to get too close to the edges of my clothing. Once this sets, it really clings to my skin. It's so sultry and beautiful I want to wear it 24-7. I bought this to use on my body and I never intended to use it on my face. I have tried it on my face, and, sadly, it looks horrible! Why is my facial skin so different from the rest of my skin? Especially because it's the skin I've always taken good care of, while I've let the rest of me tan, never get moisturizer, and lack regular exfoliation...Anyways, on my face Honey Glow looks like silver greasepaint. It's so completely weird...because I'm sure I get a "golden" glow on my body. It's definitely "tinny" on my face, and it makes my pores look like infinite black holes, and any little line or imperfection on my face show as though I've applied theatre "aging" makeup. (Even over Spackle, by the way). So for me this is the ultimate in body skin enhancement, and I look very forward to trying the new Tahitian Glow!