L'Occitane Immortelle Fresh Powder Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
L'Occitane Immortelle Fresh Powder Foundation

4.5

on 12/8/2014 5:36:00 AM

This is a very finely milled powder that applies very nicely to my combination/oily skin. I use it a lot during the summer when I want reapply sunscreen (it has SPF 24), so it`s been a life-saver for me in the sense that it stays put, looks great, and even after I`ve been out and about at the end of a long summer day I look in the mirror and I am surprised that my face still looks matt and velvety. It also has pretty high coverage, so unless I`m having a pretty bad day, I won`t usually need to conceal when I wear it. A little pricey, but worth it. In the morning I set my make-up with Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder which looks great initially, but 2 hours later there`s no trace of it. That`s when my trusty L`Occitane starts working for me.

on 8/17/2010 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was looking for a very good powder foundation in order to replace the Kanebo total finish (old edition). I still had a compact from 2002 and was using it now and then especially when my skin reacted badly to something or I had hormonal skin issues. I didnt want to buy the new edition as the formula has changed and it is not as good as the old one. I hoped that lOccitane powder foundation, being made for the Asian market, would have the same features of the old Kanebo. Well, let me say, it is not bad. It is actually very good. But it is not the right one for my skin and my complexion. It is very finely milled and beautiful to apply. At first my skin looks gorgeous flawless and velvety like with the old Kanebo. But after few hours it melts and turns in to a strange yellow tone and doesnt keep oil at all, leaving my face naked. And second: the colours are very yellow based.
Anyway I give 4 stars because, beside of the bad lasting power on oily skin, I think that this is a gorgeous powder foundation though and it would be wonderful for normal to dry skin with a golden/yellow undertone. Now I use it as setting powder when I want the pale geisha look and/or for touch ups