Pure Ice Spit Fire

Pure Ice Spit Fire
Spit Fire

4.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was in Walmart and being the holosexual I am I immediately ran to this as soon as I saw the holographic shimmer in the corner of my eye. For $2 it was so good!! I love the holo and not heavy in the clear base at all. It's a great topper with one coat and could probably cover the whole nail in glitter with 2 or 3 coats. Great polish.

on 3/18/2017 9:52:00 PM

Pretty pink glitter! Pure Ice's Spit Fire is made up of pink microglitter in a clear base with some holographic microglitter thrown in the mix. Very sparkly and girly-looking. But the glitters are in a clear base and they are not very densely-packed. So this polish is really more suited to be a glitter topper. Even after 3-4 coats it's not quite fully opaque, so I don't think this is intended to be worn on its own. If you're looking for a full-coverage polish made of the same kind of glitter as this, try China Glaze's You're Too Sweet.

And I also wanted to mention that Sally Hansen's Strobe Light is a 100% dupe of Spit Fire. They are the exact same thing, and if you have one you don't need the other.

Overall, I think this is very cute and fun to wear. Applies nicely and removal is a snap if you use acetone. I would buy this one again.

on 10/4/2016 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I have purchased this nail polish over and over again, the time before last I went into the cosmetics section at the grocery store just for this and this only and I was so mad when they were all gone. The next time I went back I grabbed 2 of them. I love wearing it alone and on top of other colors. My favorite Pure Ice polish is Laven-dare (purple-gray-lavender-like) and on top of that it looks so freaking glittery. I own a lot of nail polish from the brand and they are awesome for the price!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Love it.
Very pretty color. Gives nails a fine glittery sparkle that really catches the light.
Love it on top of Purple Reign or Taupe drawer especially on the toes in the summer time. Topped with girl on the run top coat it really lasts a long time on my toes.
On my nails I also really love the look of one, sometimes two, coats over Rimmel's Lasting Finish Pro - Steel Grey.
Of course it looks nice on other shades as well.
One coat gives nails a nice brightening sparkle, two really looks nice and you can still see a little of the shade beneath and 3-4 you get a full coverage but works best over a base coat shade first.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i love pure ice nail polish it literally lasts for like ever. they have so many great colors to choose from. ive never tried this spit fire color but im sure its just as great as all the others

on 9/13/2011 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

LOVE this product, it gives such a pretty pink-lilac color to your nails packed with different size glitter and also a holographic effect. Takes about 3 coats to get an even application and a top coat to acquire a smooth finish! Got it at Wal-Mart for $2, great deal and looks very similar (but better, in my opinion) than OPI's Katy Perrys Teenage dream, I own both colors and I like Spit Fire much better!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Super cute nail polish! I would describe it as a chunky, glittery, pink/blue/purple. Cute name too!

on 6/22/2009 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Super-sparkly pink glitter but with a rainbow flash. I returned for a backup bottle. Now if Walmart would only keep the Pure Ice display stocked...

on 10/13/2008 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I absolutely love this nail polish! I put this over Pure Ice Outrageous and it goes perfect on top! It packs super duper sparkle which drew me to this polish. It looks like a tinted light purple cleat coat with hues of light blue, green, reddish, yellow and other beautiful sparkles. The price seemed so kind to my pocket, and in my opinion beats a lot of other expensive nail products :-)

I can't say much more about this than the previous reviewer, except that I had been searching high and low for a super-sparkle packed glitter polish forever and finally found a match in Pure Ice's Spit Fire!!! Seriously, this is a georgeous, eye-catching glitternourmously (yes, that's a word) awesome polish. I would describe this polish as a light pink based glitter engrossed with blues, reds, greens, and silvers...in the sun, it will sear your eyeballs...I use this for glitter tips on my nails. I had tried the whole nail powder glitter routine to no avail (so messy,btw), and figured I'd never get the effect of the salon's glitter tips....but Spit Fire gives me perfectly glittery tips in one to two easy swipes...It applies like a dream-evenly and dries fast....and for under $2USD at Wal*Mart??? *passes out** =) Here is one very happy nail polish fanatic!

Update: A warning: this polish is a PITA to remove....make sure you have the patience and time to sit there and take this polish off! *phew* And I only had it on the tips!! =)

continued >>