Pure Ice Spit Fire

Spit Fire

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

I'm not sure if this review is for the glitter polish or the flat one, but I have the glittery one and it's a nice color. it's classy looking, cheap, and the smell isn't too strong. my only complaint is that it is a little thin, but for 2 dollars, I can deal with it.

on 12/13/2010 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Despite what others are saying, this polish contains both LARGE and small glitter particles. It's only noticeable on the first coat but after two or more coats it blends in pretty well. It looks like a lilac-pink in the bottle but it shows silver without a base coat (I like it over Essies 'my place or yours'). Would I buy again? Probably not but it's something fun for only $2 (at Walmart).

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I wanted to like this more than I did. It looks so pretty and blingy in the bottle and it of course goes on very blingy but all the glitter is just a bit to light for me, my skin is pale and lighter colors don't do to much for me...This will be used only to layer over other colors for me...which is fine just not what I was expecting. Total pain to remove. With things like the OPI Designer polishes I doubt I would rebuy this one. It wasent terrible...just not for me.

on 5/7/2015 2:09:00 AM

I fell in love with this glitter nail polish it last for weeks! I looks really pretty with any base and the glitter doesn't clump up like most cheap nail polish. it is however a bit hard to remove but then again which glitter isnt?. I recommend using Elmer waterproof glue as a base

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I LOVE how fun this is. I disagree with the previous reviewer saying it comes out silver instant of lilac-pink as seen in the bottle. With two or more coats (I did three just for extra sparkle), I get the a lot of lilac-pink sparkle, with some silvery-rainbow shimmer in between. Love it. The only thing I DON'T like, is how long it takes to remove---as with any glitter polish. Also, I used some Seche Vita to smooth out the top (or else it's a little rough) and to help it dry faster. I've used this alone and with a pale orange-creamsicle base, and they both come out with that same pretty lilac-pink sparkle. It was only $1-something at Walmart....so less than $2.00. Not bad.

on 10/18/2010 9:32:00 PM

I have an almost guilty penchant for glitter nailpolishes. At my age, I should have long reconciled that glitters are not age appropriate. But hey whatever, I can't resist the eye-catching sparkles . . . I like shiny and sparkly things - what can I say? Is it in my DNA? Just kidding . . . but anyway.

$2 for endlessly fascinated rainbow-esque glitter at your fingertips = $2 well spent. I wore this polish during a weekend musical fest recently and the masses were pleased! I received plenty of compliments because the stark bold sunlight happened to render my fingertips something akin to a summer time disco ball. My good friend was completely enamored and she donned Spit Fire on her nails as well and there we were - the sparkle nail princesses of the fest. Ha ha.

Anyway pertaining to the nailpolish itself, it's seemingly pinkish in the bottle, but can't say that really translated onto the nails. It's seemingly comprised of two different sizes of glitter - both pretty small so no awkward chunky glitter pieces - rest assured. The glitter particle are either that sightly pink or holographic rainbow - overall a glittering rainbow in direct sunlight. Not as spectacular in artificial light, but still nice.

My only gripe is that I had to paint at least 3-4 coats per nail to get a coverage I was satisfy with and it still wasn't as complete as I would've liked it. But for $2, can I really complain?

Anyway, love this nailpolish, highly recommend to all!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

BEAUTIFUL! Packed with purple toned glitter. Retails for less than $3 at walmart and works just as good as some of the high end brands. I will say however the only flaw is you need to put a top coat over this to smooth it down a bit. (Glitter makes the texture rough.) I'll definitely repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was in Walmart and being the holosexual I am I immediately ran to this as soon as I saw the holographic shimmer in the corner of my eye. For $2 it was so good!! I love the holo and not heavy in the clear base at all. It's a great topper with one coat and could probably cover the whole nail in glitter with 2 or 3 coats. Great polish.

I painted my nails 6 days ago with this, outragious, and the pro fx 3 in 1 base coat stregthener and top coat.

Steps I did
1: 1 thin coat of pro fx on each nail. let it dry.
2: 1 thin coat of pure ice outragios. let it dry. another thin coat. let it dry.
3: thin coat of pure ice spit fire. let it dry. another thin coat. let it dry.
4: repeat step one.

ANYHOW, there is not a single chip in my nails. I will never waste my money on opi or other expensive brands. this gave me better results. and i got it for $1.75 at walmart.

on 3/18/2017 9:52:00 PM

Pretty pink glitter! Pure Ice's Spit Fire is made up of pink microglitter in a clear base with some holographic microglitter thrown in the mix. Very sparkly and girly-looking. But the glitters are in a clear base and they are not very densely-packed. So this polish is really more suited to be a glitter topper. Even after 3-4 coats it's not quite fully opaque, so I don't think this is intended to be worn on its own. If you're looking for a full-coverage polish made of the same kind of glitter as this, try China Glaze's You're Too Sweet.

And I also wanted to mention that Sally Hansen's Strobe Light is a 100% dupe of Spit Fire. They are the exact same thing, and if you have one you don't need the other.

Overall, I think this is very cute and fun to wear. Applies nicely and removal is a snap if you use acetone. I would buy this one again.

Popular Polishes