Pure Ice Spit Fire

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was in Walmart and being the holosexual I am I immediately ran to this as soon as I saw the holographic shimmer in the corner of my eye. For $2 it was so good!! I love the holo and not heavy in the clear base at all. It's a great topper with one coat and could probably cover the whole nail in glitter with 2 or 3 coats. Great polish.

on 10/4/2016 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

I have purchased this nail polish over and over again, the time before last I went into the cosmetics section at the grocery store just for this and this only and I was so mad when they were all gone. The next time I went back I grabbed 2 of them. I love wearing it alone and on top of other colors. My favorite Pure Ice polish is Laven-dare (purple-gray-lavender-like) and on top of that it looks so freaking glittery. I own a lot of nail polish from the brand and they are awesome for the price!

on 12/13/2010 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Despite what others are saying, this polish contains both LARGE and small glitter particles. It's only noticeable on the first coat but after two or more coats it blends in pretty well. It looks like a lilac-pink in the bottle but it shows silver without a base coat (I like it over Essies 'my place or yours'). Would I buy again? Probably not but it's something fun for only $2 (at Walmart).

on 10/18/2010 9:32:00 PM

I have an almost guilty penchant for glitter nailpolishes. At my age, I should have long reconciled that glitters are not age appropriate. But hey whatever, I can't resist the eye-catching sparkles . . . I like shiny and sparkly things - what can I say? Is it in my DNA? Just kidding . . . but anyway.

$2 for endlessly fascinated rainbow-esque glitter at your fingertips = $2 well spent. I wore this polish during a weekend musical fest recently and the masses were pleased! I received plenty of compliments because the stark bold sunlight happened to render my fingertips something akin to a summer time disco ball. My good friend was completely enamored and she donned Spit Fire on her nails as well and there we were - the sparkle nail princesses of the fest. Ha ha.

Anyway pertaining to the nailpolish itself, it's seemingly pinkish in the bottle, but can't say that really translated onto the nails. It's seemingly comprised of two different sizes of glitter - both pretty small so no awkward chunky glitter pieces - rest assured. The glitter particle are either that sightly pink or holographic rainbow - overall a glittering rainbow in direct sunlight. Not as spectacular in artificial light, but still nice.

My only gripe is that I had to paint at least 3-4 coats per nail to get a coverage I was satisfy with and it still wasn't as complete as I would've liked it. But for $2, can I really complain?

Anyway, love this nailpolish, highly recommend to all!

on 5/7/2015 2:09:00 AM

I fell in love with this glitter nail polish it last for weeks! I looks really pretty with any base and the glitter doesn't clump up like most cheap nail polish. it is however a bit hard to remove but then again which glitter isnt?. I recommend using Elmer waterproof glue as a base

Love it! Have two bottles.. i put it over red and black.. looks gorgeous!

I'm not sure if this review is for the glitter polish or the flat one, but I have the glittery one and it's a nice color. it's classy looking, cheap, and the smell isn't too strong. my only complaint is that it is a little thin, but for 2 dollars, I can deal with it.

I love this nail polish! The brand gives such a nice finish to it and it goes well with any color. Sometimes I wear it by it self and then finish it with a top coat, and it still looks good. Need a new nail polish brand? Pure Ice is the nail polish brand for you and always will leave a smile with you:D!

on 9/13/2011 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

LOVE this product, it gives such a pretty pink-lilac color to your nails packed with different size glitter and also a holographic effect. Takes about 3 coats to get an even application and a top coat to acquire a smooth finish! Got it at Wal-Mart for $2, great deal and looks very similar (but better, in my opinion) than OPI's Katy Perrys Teenage dream, I own both colors and I like Spit Fire much better!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool