Pure Ice Spit Fire

Price: $

on 9/25/2009 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this polish! I bought it to wear over Borghese Milano Taupe (another HG color for me) and it's perfect. I do a couple coats of Taupe, then put a few coats of this over it and presto: a perfect sparkly pedicure (and it still matches my manicure, which is usually Milano Taupe by itself). I haven't tried using it on my fingernails yet because of my conservative job, but I will when I'm on vacation! I love it.

on 8/14/2009 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Totally in love with this nailpolish. Gorgeous pink glitter that flashes holographic and looks great by itself or over any cool-toned color. And it lasts for a long time!

You know how with some glitters, you swipe and paint your nails once and there's like 3 pieces of glitter on your nails? Not so with Spitfire. You get great glitter coverage in just one coat, and with 2, your nails got bling, yo.

Yes, it's a pain to remove, but I find any glitter polish is.

I love this stuff!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I LOVE how fun this is. I disagree with the previous reviewer saying it comes out silver instant of lilac-pink as seen in the bottle. With two or more coats (I did three just for extra sparkle), I get the a lot of lilac-pink sparkle, with some silvery-rainbow shimmer in between. Love it. The only thing I DON'T like, is how long it takes to remove---as with any glitter polish. Also, I used some Seche Vita to smooth out the top (or else it's a little rough) and to help it dry faster. I've used this alone and with a pale orange-creamsicle base, and they both come out with that same pretty lilac-pink sparkle. It was only $1-something at Walmart....so less than $2.00. Not bad.

on 10/18/2010 9:32:00 PM

I have an almost guilty penchant for glitter nailpolishes. At my age, I should have long reconciled that glitters are not age appropriate. But hey whatever, I can't resist the eye-catching sparkles . . . I like shiny and sparkly things - what can I say? Is it in my DNA? Just kidding . . . but anyway.

$2 for endlessly fascinated rainbow-esque glitter at your fingertips = $2 well spent. I wore this polish during a weekend musical fest recently and the masses were pleased! I received plenty of compliments because the stark bold sunlight happened to render my fingertips something akin to a summer time disco ball. My good friend was completely enamored and she donned Spit Fire on her nails as well and there we were - the sparkle nail princesses of the fest. Ha ha.

Anyway pertaining to the nailpolish itself, it's seemingly pinkish in the bottle, but can't say that really translated onto the nails. It's seemingly comprised of two different sizes of glitter - both pretty small so no awkward chunky glitter pieces - rest assured. The glitter particle are either that sightly pink or holographic rainbow - overall a glittering rainbow in direct sunlight. Not as spectacular in artificial light, but still nice.

My only gripe is that I had to paint at least 3-4 coats per nail to get a coverage I was satisfy with and it still wasn't as complete as I would've liked it. But for $2, can I really complain?

Anyway, love this nailpolish, highly recommend to all!

on 12/13/2010 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Despite what others are saying, this polish contains both LARGE and small glitter particles. It's only noticeable on the first coat but after two or more coats it blends in pretty well. It looks like a lilac-pink in the bottle but it shows silver without a base coat (I like it over Essies 'my place or yours'). Would I buy again? Probably not but it's something fun for only $2 (at Walmart).