4.4

100% pure rose hip oil

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

The best beauty product I have ever bought!

I no longer wake up anxious to see what damage has been done to my skin overnight, instead, I can't wait to see how much skin has improved in the morning.

Bit of background: I have combination skin, the kind where my cheeks and chin can be Sahara dry, but my nose is an oil slick. I had spots mainly on my t-zone through high school, and started to get spots along my jaw and chin in my 20s, all leaving hyper-pigmentation on my face.

My routine:
Evening - cleanse, standard toner or AHA toner once a week (Pixi glow tonic), 3-4 drops of rosehip oil, tea tree oil spot treatment
Morning - cleanse, toner, 1-2 drops of rosehip oil if it's a really cold day or on dry skin, SPF 30 moisturiser

I've stuck with this routine for 1 month now with the following results:
- My skin is SO soft! To the point where I've been telling my friends (male and female) to feel how soft it is, and they have all agreed that my skin is BABY soft.
- No more oil slick nose! I do still get some oil around my t-zone, but it is nowhere near as bad.
- Fading hyper-pigmentation - it has helped in speeding up the healing of pigmentation cause by recent spots. For old marks, I have also noticed an improvement. I think this has been a combination of the rosehip and the AHA toner.
- Spots - overall my pores are less clogged. It can't clear my hormonal chin and jaw spots but it has helped in dealing with them. The combination of tea tree to dry out the spot and rosehip to calm it basically works to get rid of a spot overnight.
- Treating my combination skin - I am so glad I've found something that deals with both my super dry and oily face, and makes it all soft and even. This has also been so good in winter, when I find my skin does not cope well with going from the cold weather outdoors, to the humid environment of the underground transport system.

The product itself absorbs very well, my face doesn't feel oily. I don't wear makeup so I'm not sure how easy it is to use a moisturiser during the day before makeup. But since it does absorb quickly I suspect it would be okay. The smell is also pretty pleasant, I don't find it very strong. If you don't like the smell I've read articles that recommend adding drops into another moisturiser, or you could mix it with other natural oils or scented oils.

The only negative is that the price is quite high (£16.45 for 23ml), but considering how much it does for my skin it's worth it. I would like to try the Neal's Yard rosehip oil as you get more for your money (£17.50 for 50ml), but I'd need to check the quality of the oil.

I'm hoping my skin will continue to like it this much through the summer!

on 8/1/2016 4:08:00 AM

If you don't already use this, stop what you are doing, and go and get this rose hip oil! STAT!

I have never had a skin care product that I couldn't fault.

This is it.

A'Kin Rosehip Oil is my savour in a bottle. I researched a lot on the benefits of incorporating rose hip oil into your skin care regime and bought this going off all the raving reviews it had compared to other rose hip oils.

This by far, out does the rest!

I apply this at night, after I have cleansed and toned, and before I apply my night cream. I wait a good 15 minutes to give it some time to soak into my skin before applying my night cream (more if I'm super organised).

INSTANTLY, when applied, my skin complexion is smoothed, toned, redness is reduced, my skin is softer and GLOWS like crazy. I have never found a product that makes my skin pigmentation/tone/whatever you call it, SO GOD DAMN EVEN! It is literally my holy grail oil.

I have combination/oily skin so like everyone at first was like - omg, oil upon oily skin no way I don't want a pimple outbreak - THIS DOES NOT MAKE ME BREAK OUT AT ALL! Unfortunately, like everything I use, it doesn't banish my hormonal/food pimples I get along my jaw. But hey, it is pretty freaking remarkable still. This doesn't even deserve 5 lipstick stars, it needs 10 at least.

Thank you, A'kin, for this holy grail god send.

I love rose hip oil! I just started working as a flight attendant and the airplane air was killing my skin. I have combination skin that gets pretty dry in the winter. Combined with the high altitude, my face was crackly, red, and the lines around my eyes were starting to get scary. (I'm not 30 yet!). I use Pacifica's coconut cleanser and their moisturizer as well, but it wasn't enough. I was also using beyond belief's serum which in hindsight I think I was allergic to. I gave up on the serum, and started using rose hip oil instead and my skin is better then it's been in ages! It's glowy, no redness or spots, and my fine lines around my eyes are so much better! It's taken about three years off my wrinkles. I use two or three drops after cleansing and before moisturizer morning and night. On days that I'm flying, I apply a few drops every few hours and it stops my skin from getting too dehydrated. Sometimes I use a bit more before bed if I've been outside in the cold too long or if I haven't been drinking enough water or eating right and I wake up looking so much better. It's amazing. So much better then any eye serum or primer. (I've tried lots, both drugstore and pricey ones too). My skin is quite sensitive too, and this doesn't bother me at all.

on 10/18/2014 3:14:00 PM

Having very oily skin I didnt think this would work for me. I use this night and day now with a matt primer over it then my foundation and I barely get any shine throughout the day.
Having gone from oil and shine by 10am this is a major breakthrough for me and I am sure it has lessened the wrimkles around my eyes. I love this oil and wouldnt be without it now.
I use this at night with a moisturiser on top and love how it improves my once very oily skin.

on 7/13/2014 8:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This actually worked really well on my skin and seems to calm and clarify cant really comment on scar reduction as im still getting over a break out from a moisturiser (neal's yard avacado & vitamin e) I really like this oil and will continue to use mixed with my night time moisturiser- this would be too oily for my skin for daytime use- an overall lovely product!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Unfortunately it did not do very well for my skin- I broke out with a lot of milia and cysts after a couple of days of using it.

However, it's done absolute WONDERS for my hair and lips. The ends of my hair are incredibly soft and devoid of any past damage and my lips which used to peel a lot are now well hydrated and silky smooth- better than any lip-balm I've ever tried.

I've been using this rosehip oil for a month now.

It's reduced my pimple scars, however it does clog my pores and I've been having a few breakouts, especially around my upper lip area and chin. And it's given me more fine lines under my eyes.

on 8/15/2013 9:11:00 AM

Yes, so I finally decided to try a new brand of rosehip oil after being a loyal fan of Trilogy for over 3 bottles !

Texture wise, A'kin version of RHO has a deeper red hue to it, and the scent of sandalwood (it's a woody kinda scent, which does not bother me anyway). It sinks in pretty easily, and does not leave an oily cast on the skin. A very important tip when applying facial oils: Always warm 2-3 drops onto your palm, rub your palms together and gently pat (NOT rub) the oil onto your skin. Your skin should feel comfortable with a little hydration, not oily.

I reckon it's a slightly cheaper version of Trilogy's with comparable benefits. Would be keen to try other products from A'kin

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is a lovely product that has worked very well on me.
Pros:
- Does not cause break outs on acne-prone, combination skin (oily T-zone, relatively dry cheeks and occasionally peeling nose)
- Great moisturising properties. I use this as a serum before applying my favourite moisturiser Nivea Soft. The two products together = divine baby soft and spot-free skin!
- Makes my skin glow
- Reduces redness in cheeks
- Acne scars are slowly fading into oblivion!
- Cute little bottle with a dropper for hygiene.
- Lasts a long time. I've been using mine since mid-March this year and I've only used around 35% of it. I predict that I'll finish it in January next year which means it lasts around 10 months with daily use. The $20 you pay for this is very much worth it!
- The Vitamin A in RHO has helped to reduce and regulate the oil my skin produces. Vitamin A and Vitamin E (anti-oxidant) also work well as prevention against anti-ageing as they repair sun damage and collagen. In my case, I'm obviously too young to have wrinkles and fine lines but I do enjoy using this and knowing that I'm doing the best for my skin since prevention is the best cure. I've also found that it's helped to brighten and lighten my skin with consistent use!

Cons:
- Possibly the smell. I did not like in the beginning, but now I think it's a very nice pleasant, natural musky smell.
- Doesn't prevent break outs (hormonal, food etc) but is effective in healing acne scars

Methodology:
- I use the dropper to place 2 drops on both my cheeks, 1 drop on my forehead and 1 drop on my neck.

Repurchase? Yes.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I apply this product twice a day, 2 drops in the morning, before applying moisturiser and then makeup, and 4 drops in the evening after my shower.

I have found that his product has improved the texture and overall appearance of my skin. My skin tone appears more even and my pores look smaller. I have also found that this product has helped treat some minor skin irritations on my face, near my cupids bow and above my eyebrow.