Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Wash

3.4

on 2/2/2017 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this product for 3 months as I wanted to give it a fair trial as well as review.

I have sensitive acne prone skin. Through trial and error with both drug store and dermatologist prescribed products (plus drinking a lot of water) I was finally able to rid myself of my severe acne and scars. I do get occasional break outs or bad reactions to products and I still have a few faint scars.
With all that being said I decided to try this foam cleanser as I've yet to find my HG of cleansers. It was on sale, the pump dispense is great, smells good (no heavy chemical smell or perfume smell) went on and lathered great. I washed it off and my face felt ok. It felt clean but nothing amazing or like it got down into my pores. I didn't think much of it but I continued to use it until it was finished. I use it 3-4 times a week more often if I had a break out, it didn't make my skin worse or break me out. It more so maintained it and helped when I did have minor break outs which I get every few weeks. So overall I feel as though it does what it says. I do also use a face mask once a week, a face scrub 3 times a week and a natural oil facial massage once a week. These are the things that work for me and my skin type. So while I've read reviews about how drying it is, it's a cleanser. You have to remember to follow up with a good moisturizer

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This cleanser washes off my makeup and oil without drying it out. Very foaming and lasts a very long time! Smells great too!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

For the first couple of weeks this product worked alright. It didn't make any dent on my acne, but it did make my face feel clean, so I figured I would stick with it. I had slightly oily skin and moderate acne when I started using this, but eventually it started to dry my skin out to the point where it would flake everywhere. My acne also got WAY worse as my skin dried up. My entire face was COVERED in acne and dead skin. I moisturize after every wash, and even tried moisturizing several times in between, but it made absolutely no difference.
Almost as soon as I switched to something else my skin cleared up. I even tried using this once before bed later on because I had run out of my other stuff, and the next day my skin was just as dry as it was when I was using it.

I really like this. My breakouts have been toned down to the slight bumps that aren't too annoying. Really helps with flare ups, although I have had very few of those while using this. Great product, will continue to use.

on 3/31/2015 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is a really good acne cleanser and it's gentle on the skin. All you need is one pump, even with a face full of makeup. This product pumps out white, just add water and you have enough for another person! This product lasts around 3-4 months with everyday use and it's super cheap, around $7 CND, can be found at your local Walmart and No Frills.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I've got tough acne prone skin that's combination. This product is exactly what it says it does - continuous control. Using it ALONE will not do much for you - so if your bagging on this to cure you of all your skin ailments then don't bother. But I use it as a cleanser and that's it and it does the job right.

It's been 2 years now, and I still buy bottles of it when I see it on sale. It does not cause acne, and will help catapult your other acne-fighting products to do it job without getting in the way.

It can be drying, but that's why I use moisturizer. So yes... It is a cleanser and it cleanses while controlling acne.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This product is a bit too expensive for what the results are! After using this product for a few days my acne disappeared, but left my skin flaky, red, and tight. I had to pile on moisturizers to get rid of the flakiness, which just brought my acne back. If you want to buy this product to get rid of your acne, I would recommend using it 2 days a week or maybe 3 times a week, and use a better cleanser that's more moisturizing on the other days. I'd recommend garnier moisturizing deep cleanser's!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this product a few days ago and I have to admit it was expensive.. very expensive It was 7 dollors but when I went somewhere else it was only 3 dollors so It's not the product's fault. Already my acne is clearing up a lot. One of my problems is it isn't soothing at all it actually stings a little which is the only thing wrong with it so far when I have acne I tend not to wear makeup or try to figet with my face so I thing that really helped it too also my bloting sheets helped aswell. Yes I will, and did, Recomend it to someone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

It didn't do anything to my acne and the pump broke after a few weeks. BUT it cleans well. Not what it claims to be and the smell is okay. It is thus overpriced.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I first started using this cleanser when I was in high school and my skin was a lot more oily. It did an amazing job of clearing up my acne, and dryness was never a problem because like I said - oily. Now that I am a little older, my skin has started to dry out and I can only use this product mmaaaybe once a week, if that, or else I get flakes like crazy. It still does a good job of controlling breakouts. I would definitely recommend this cleanser for people with oily skin, especially teenagers.