Aveda Dry Remedy

Aveda Dry Remedy

3.0

on 5/20/2017 9:36:00 AM

Aveda conditioners are pricey, and a hit or miss for me. This one feels fluid/ lotion-y, and in the shower it feels like it's not really penetrating or sinking in. You have to rinse and rinse to get it all out despite the fluid texture. My fine 2C hair is left feeling a little weighed down and looking a bit dull, and there's still some surface frizz. I also can't get it anywhere near my scalp, or I get insane itching. I used it on freshly clarified hair so it wasn't shampoo build up causing this feeling, or anything like that. Luckily I only bought the trial size, which was still expensive ($9 plus change for 1.4 ounces..yikes). The one good thing about it is the herbal smell (lavender, bergamot, ginger lily). The Aveda scents are amazing. Did not like this conditioner, though.

on 11/18/2016 8:53:00 PM

I am a 6-year Aveda user. During this time, I have used the Shampure shampoo almost exclusively and have switched on and off between various Aveda conditioners. I also get my 3a/b (curly) hair highlighted at an Aveda salon. So, you can say I'm an Aveda groupie.

About 6 months ago, I burned a section of hair near my ear pretty bad and the rest of my hair was dry in general, so my stylist recommended I use this conditioner and the Dry Remedy Moisturizing Masque. I used the conditioner about 3x's per week and the masque 1x per week for about two months. After the first month I started to notice my hair was no longer getting clean when using Shampure (even though it's supposed to be pretty clarifying) and my scalp had a LOT of buildup. Two weeks later, my hair began coming out in CLUMPS in the shower. I also noticed pimples on my scalp, scabs, and itching. I kept using this product and the masque for two weeks, not realizing these products were causing the hair loss, pimples, scabs, itching, etc. A couple of weeks after stopping use of these products, my hair loss SLOWED but it still has not completely stopped.

PLEASE USE CAUTION WITH THIS PRODUCT! I ended up losing about 1/2 of my hair volume.

on 8/22/2012 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this conditioner off and on for over a year. I came here to read reviews and second guess myself, but I have to acknowledge that this product really wasn't suited for my hair or my body. I felt that it immediately coated my hair with dimethicone (the 2nd highest ingredient) and broke my back and neck out and even the area around my jaw and ears. My hair did not look hydrated. My hair is brown/greying, extremely prone to frizz, wavy and I have a TON of it. My strands are fine to medium.

I recently tried some dimethicone free conditioners by Acure (bought at Whole Foods). My hair seems hydrated! Hallelujah!

on 10/15/2012 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I got this about three months ago after going in a fancy pantsy salon by moms. They are the only place by me that sells Aveda. I went in wanting to try Aveda because one of my old friends swore by it. I was a bit shocked by the price, $25 for the smaller conditioner seemed pricey to me. I should have known better than to go with it because the girl at the salon couldn't make up her mind which would be best for me. It worked at first, but using it too much started to dry my hair out. I'm still using it because I have a good portion left and I refuse to waste $25. I also hated the smell.

Excellent conditioner for dry thirsty hair.

This is the only shampoo and conditioner line from Aveda that works for me. I have medium textured, half straight / half wavey hair, bot LOTS of it (my hairdresser has to book extra time for my colour) that I have highlighted every 2 months. This in addtion to blow drying every second day means my hair can look and feel very porous and dry.

This is the only conditioner in my collenction at home (Joico k-pak, Redken Real control & Extreme, as well as Argan Secret) that has calmed my hair down. It's been a dry, frizzy, slighly damaged mess over the last two months after getting it highlighted and also getting a bad haircut where the layers are too short and whispy for my hair type (dry, at times puffy & usually frizz prone)

My hair is left very soft. I only apply this to my ends though at the matching shampoo is moisturising enough. Even though its quite rich it gives my hair a lot of natural body. Lastly, it makes it beautifully soft and adds a bit more shine. It's made my hair look more like I've had it freshly cut recently. When I'm using anything else it looks like I need to beeline it to the hairdresser for a haircut.

Will definetly buy again.

on 5/8/2013 12:11:00 PM

Well, I certainly wish my hair did not respond so well to this. But my hair LOVES it and looks its best whenever I use the shampoo and conditioner from this line. Unfortunately, it is expensive, so it burns me up a bit when I go to repurchase. But seriously, cannot get these sort of results with anything from the drugstore. And I've tried it all!
I wash and heat style my hair daily, and need something that gives great moisture. I also live in a very dry climate with hard water and need to baby my hair due to that as well.
Took 1 point off for price. Other than that, very happy with the results. Moisture, bounce, and frizz reduction, without weigh-down. For reference, my hair is dryyyyyyy and splits easily, fine and silky but loads of hair, and below my shoulders.

The conditioner in this range is nowhere near as good as the treatment masque!

on 1/8/2012 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this because I love the Dry Remedy Shampoo, but was terribly disappointed. I took it home, used it once, and returned it. I couldn't figure out why it didn't moisturize my hair, and left a film instead. Then I read the ingredients and see that silcone is the SECOND INGREDIENT LISTED! You HAVE to be kidding Aveda. Seriously. And it's the strongest silcone available too, Dimethicone. know most conditioners (and many shampoos even) use silicone in their formulas....but the SECOND one? Yikes. This will never moisturize. I can see why this gets low scores here, and understand why other reviewers mention this leaves a film in the bathtub even. I should have given it lower scores even, but it breaks my heart to rate Aveda so low :( I used to love Sap Moss, and still like the Clove Conditioner and Dry Remedy Shampoo. So I couldn't bring myself to give it lower than 2. I bought B&B Creme Coco Conditioner, it has no silicones so I hope that will work better than this did.

Yuck!! This stuff smells awful and left my hair greasy by the end of the day. It doesn't even really detangle all that well. $30CAD for this and i didnt really see any real benefits. It probably wasnt even suited for my hair type. I guess i was hoping it would be like Pete Moss which I loved but they discontinued.

on 11/18/2011 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This line will always have a place in my shower!!! My hair is curly coarse and dry from over processing! The dry remedy shampoo and conditioner maintains my spirals in tip top shape! It is a bit pricey, but you only need a quarter size amount to treat shoulder length hair. I took off one lippy for the scent because I know not everyone can deal With it but i am-based on the results I see which outweigh the scent by a long shot. Def. HG and will repurchase.