Qhemet Biologics - Burdock Root Butter Cream

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
No Image

4.5

Aqueous (Distilled Water) Botanical Infusion of Arctium lappa (Burdock Root) Extract, Urtica dioica (Nettle Leaf) Extract and Avena sativa (Oatstraw) Extract, Olive Oil (Olea europa), Vegetable Glycerin, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, MSM (Methylsufonylmethane), Citrus Limon & Citrus Aurantium (Essential Oil Scent), Maltodextrin, Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin (Food Grade Paraben-free and Formaldehyde-free Preservative).

on 10/26/2010 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

If I ever get to the bottom of the freaking jar, I will totally buy this again! I've had this jar for a year and it doesn't even look like I've had it for 2 months, lol. That's how little I need for my hair. I have fine-medium highly textured (3c/4a) hair with some wiry sections and some soft sections. Ethnic/black hair, if you will. And I am growing out a sodium hydroxide relaxer (10 months since my last service). I blowdry and flat iron 1-2x/week so that I don't have to battle the two textures. So my hair has special needs at the moment, haha.

This moisturizer is lightweight so it does not weigh down the relaxed hair, but packs a wallop of moisture to keep the natural hair and relaxed hair from breaking where they meet (which is a very sensitive part of the hair). I like to create small sections, then focus applying the product on my ends and then work it up towards the roots and even massage a little into my scalp in my crown which gets dry sometimes. I then take just one drop of Keracare Essential Oils and rub hands together to smooth and seal all the moisture in, and my hair is shiny, incredibly soft and full and still moves. That never happens with moisturizers with me because my hair is easily weighed down (which is why I didn't really moisturize my hair too much in the past--but I totally get why it's important now!!). This product keeps my hair in such good condition, I was able to go 6 months without a trim despite my regular heat use. Yeah, I deep condition often and use salon quality products, but still. Using this daily or every 2 or 3 days has done nothing but help my hair and my hair care routine.

I also like that there aren't a lot of ingredients in this product but it's so effective. That is amazing to me. A con is that it's only available online (well I can get it locally, but it's a drive), but it lasts so long for me, I can wait until the owner has her sale once/year (which is when I got it last November--still haven't finished the jar).

If you have similar hair and haven't found a good daily conditioner/moisturizer to keep your hair healthy in between washes, definitely give this one a try. I'm so sure it'll be the last moisturizer you'll buy :-) Note: Works great as a smoothing leave-in on damp hair too (just put a serum on top if you're going to use heat on your hair).

on 6/26/2008 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The manufacturer has listed this as a "moisturizing" product, on their website. I use it as a moisturizing styling aid on freshly washed hair. It's lighter than some of their other moisturizing products and therefore better for my fine, color-treated BSL curls. Lovely light citrus-like scent. Doesn't leave my curls greasy. A little goes a looooooong way. Only drawbacks - I have to buy it online and would prefer a pump-top bottle over the jar it comes in.

Popular Styling Products