Qhemet Biologics - Burdock Root Butter Cream

Filtered by skin type : Oily
No Image

Aqueous (Distilled Water) Botanical Infusion of Arctium lappa (Burdock Root) Extract, Urtica dioica (Nettle Leaf) Extract and Avena sativa (Oatstraw) Extract, Olive Oil (Olea europa), Vegetable Glycerin, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, MSM (Methylsufonylmethane), Citrus Limon & Citrus Aurantium (Essential Oil Scent), Maltodextrin, Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin (Food Grade Paraben-free and Formaldehyde-free Preservative).

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I prefer the cocoa tree conditioning ghee to this or the Amla and olive , but it is lighter and can be layered with my favorite oils. Gives a healthy sheen you my hair and provides softness. It has a tolerable smell. Helps with curl definition and does moisturize well as long as you use a little bit.

on 10/9/2009 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

All I can say is.... Holy-frikkin-grail!!! I loooooove this cream. A little about my hair type: My hair is natural, 4b with looser 4a in the top and even looser in the nape/back, is much more fine than coarse, and about 4 inches long... thick and bushy rather than thick in dense/full. Most of my curls are about double a pen spring size. I wear it in spiral curls twisted all over. My hair loves oils, especially Castor (can't live without), sweet almond, and coconut; avocado butter (the best for sheen!) and shea butter. My hair loves Aubrey, Giovanni, Darcy's, and Quemet. Too much glycerin or soy or corn oil (Carol's Daughter) makes my hair hard and sticky and icky.

So, I have tried countless moisturizers but had yet to find one that was not too heavy for my fine kinks, was all natural and provided **lasting** moisture to wet and dry hair. Qhemet's Burdock cream is all that and more!

Pros: Super, super moisturizing -- All Natural yaaaay-- A huge plus is that this melts & absorbs beautifully into my wet hair just as well as it does dry hair! That is rare! -- Smells good but not to strong -- jar lasts a long time -- MSM good for scalp -- strengthening -- makes my hair sooooo soft --- wonderful!!

Cons: NONE! Well, don't expect this to make your hair really shiny. It does provide moisturizing sheen, but if you need more 'bling' you'll need an additional product : )

on 6/26/2008 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The manufacturer has listed this as a "moisturizing" product, on their website. I use it as a moisturizing styling aid on freshly washed hair. It's lighter than some of their other moisturizing products and therefore better for my fine, color-treated BSL curls. Lovely light citrus-like scent. Doesn't leave my curls greasy. A little goes a looooooong way. Only drawbacks - I have to buy it online and would prefer a pump-top bottle over the jar it comes in.

Popular Styling Products