Illuminare Fast Application Pad

4.7

on 10/16/2011 2:33:00 AM

I bought 2 of these when I first started using illuminare extra coverage concealer/foundation, I think they're just OK for application. They're a bit on the pricey side, but I would have given them a better review if they didn't end up falling apart very quickly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Just purchased my second one. The first lasted a year with daily use. I use it to apply my mineral powder foundation(Alima) with rosewater and glycerin spray. Blends really well and I wash it by hand and lay it to dry quite often, and it still lasted a year. A must in my makeup wardrobe. 10.00 + free shipping on the most popular mass retail site online, that Makeupalley won't let me mention...LOL. A++++

on 9/8/2010 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

I can kick myself for not trying this sooner. Literally cuts my morning routine in half the time. So easy, clean and convenient. Impossible to over apply and better for my finicky skin since I'm not rubbing or blending hard. Dab and swipe and blend. The pad is very soft and will last me months.

on 6/20/2010 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I discovered this product when I was talking to customer service at Illuminare, and I was told to try this pad to help with blending. I am so glad I did!! I never have had much luck with sponges, but his pad works like a miracle and FAST!! I have 2, one of which I carry in my purse if I need a quick touch-up. And then I have an extra when I have tossed my other one in the laundry. Because it is washable, it is really cheaper than sponges in the long run as mine have lasted and lasted. I wish a similar product could me made for applying the their cream shadows!!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

when im too lazy to use my foundation brush....i use this!!! it does not soak up product and blends seamlessly....very sturdy too! way better than a sponge

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This applicator really is a nice alternative to using a sponge or foundation brush. I find that I can use it to apply any liquid or cream foundation, concealer, or cream blush, and it also comes in handy for blending, as well. Every two weeks or so you wash it to remove old makeup and it's good to go for the next time you want to use it. I like this better than a foundation brush because I feel like it blends the makeup better, so the end result looks more natural. I would recommend.

Great for ANY foundation - this really is a unique product applicator - highly recommended!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm on my second applicator sponge (had it for ~4 months now) and I now hand wash it in the sink. The first one ripped within 2 months, I assume from being tossed in the washing machine a few times. I used a lingerie bag but did wash it in a regular cycle, maybe if I'd used delicate it would have lasted longer. I will continue to repurchase this sponge because it makes application so effortless and looks GREAT!

on 2/6/2009 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this pad. I have been applying foundation now for over 25 years and this is the best thing I have ever used. It doesn't absorb any of the foundation so there is no waste left in it like with regular latex or non-latex sponges. It's fast and easy and provides great coverage. You can also toss it the washing machine!

I paid $11.50 cdn for it, which seems a bit steep, but we'll see how long it lasts and if it is worth that price. But now that I have it I won't be going back to regular sponges.

on 12/14/2008 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I agree with the other people on here. Thhis is far too under rated. This is a PERFECT sponge to apply your Illuminare foundation with. You cant possibly get the full effect of the foundation without this tool. I have bought the most expensive (Dior, Chanel, etc..) foundations, however, none compare to the "All day" Illuminare applied with this tool.
NOTHING beats this combo. go to their website and order the samples with their applicator sponge and I PROMISE you wont be dissapointed!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools