Redken Real Control

Redken Real Control

3.9

Aqua/water, Sodium laureth sulfate, Disodium cocoamphodiacetate, Sodium chloride, Glycol distearate, Hexylene glycol, Polyquaternium-10, Disodium ricinoleamido mea-sulfosuccinate, Cocamide mipa, parfum/fragrance, Sodium benzoate, Sodium methylparaben, Carbomer, Salicylic acid, Tartaric acid, Ethylparaben, PPG-5-ceteth-20, Butyrospermum parkii butter/shea butter, Oleth-10, Benzyl salicylate, Disodium cocoamphodi-propionate, Lecithin, Butylphenyl methylpropional, Methylparaben, Linalool, Isopropanol-amine, Limonene, Citronellol, Wheat amino acids, Hydrolyzed soy protein, 2-oleamido-1,3 octadecanediol, Hexyl cinnamal.

on 3/9/2015 2:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Don't be put off by the negative reviews. If you have highlighted or dry hair then you will love this shampoo and conditioner combo. The shampoo has a runny consistency but lathers beautifully. The conditioner is extremely thick and moisturizing. I had neglected blonde hair with breakage and this has transformed my hair in a matter of 6 weeks. It also smells really fresh. This will leave you with strong, shiny and moisturised hair. If your hair is a little on the fine side, you may find this too heavy to use everyday. I find this more effective than Kerastase.

on 12/10/2014 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have never used this shampoo so I don't know how my review got here. Sorry.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love this shampoo. I have curly dry over processed hair that takes a beating from blow dryers and straightening irons. This shampoo really brought my hair back to life adding plenty of moisture without weighting it down or making in greasy which is a MAJOR PLUSS+++ for me, plus it smells GREAT!!

on 11/16/2014 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It does gently cleanse and moisturize but not what dry and damaged hair really needs. It's a mediocre product for that type of hair. My ends were still dry. I am giving it a three because there was an improvement and it leaves it super shiny.

on 7/28/2013 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

They changed the formula-- and this new formula is awful!

I used to use this shampoo (and conditioner and leave-in) most of 2012, never had a problem with it and I loved it since it made my hair manageable and shiny. I used to get so many compliments on my hair, but for some reason, I switched shampoos. Several months later I came back to this only to find out they changed it!

Now when I use it, my hair is SO frizzy, dry, and it won't hold curl. Suave works better for my hair now, which is something I never thought I'd say but I can't stand the Real Control line after they reformulated it! Can't believe it since I loved it so much and now it's awful for my hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is AWFUL. I bought it because I wanted a shampoo & conditioner that doesn't weigh down my hair but also made it soft & shiny. This stuff weighed my hair down & does not help with frizz at all. I have normal hair but this stuff made it so dry and hard, exactly like my hair after I go for a swim. There's even the same sticky feeling in my hair that I get from the chlorine in the water! I can't even imagine how this stuff is supposed to help those with dry hair like it's intended for, since mine became so limp and lifeless. Not worth it at all.

on 8/1/2012 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

My stylist recommended this shampoo for my thick, coarse, naturally curly, dry, long hair. She said it combined all the best things of Redkens All Soft, Extreme, and Smooth Down lines. This smelled pleasant and didnt seem to strip my hair of moisture. It does contain sulfates and since I do color my hair occasionally, Ive stopped buying this shampoo and switched to a sulfate-free formula (LOreal EverStrong Hydrate Shampoo). LOreal is much cheaper and I like the creaminess of their formula, so I wont buy Redkens shampoo again.

on 9/15/2012 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Recently I have decided to color my hair from a 5/6 VR (medium violet red) as close back to my natural color as possible, an almost black 2N with a hint of violet for warmth. I am trying to grow my hair out and wanted to switch to something more moisturizing and repairing than the All Soft for example, which I still love!

I had a terrible experience with the Aveda Brilliant shampoo, which caused so much dryness and breakage on my hair I had to cut out an additional inch at my last trim because my ends were so jagged. I immediately went out and bought the Real Control after going back to my black hair. My hair truly couldn't thank me enough. It had so much body and moisture. I had no tangles and even with a light conditioner, my hair didn't feel dry.

Occasionally I do feel a little build up, so every 2-3 weeks I will use a clarifying shampoo in its place, with a deep conditioner, which I feel should be the case in anybodies hair regimen.

on 10/23/2012 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a very average shampoo. Sure it cleaned well, but so do a million other products that cost half as much. Otherwise, my hair felt pretty much the way it always does. Not a bad product, but not worth the price tag.

on 4/10/2013 11:28:00 AM

I have never reviewed any skin or hair products, though Im something of a product junkie and am always down to try new things and expand my ever growing product collection. That being said, my experience using this brand was so horrifying that i felt it was my civic and moral duty to warn any unassuming ladies who might be mesmerized by the hype surrounding this, and entertain the idea of trying it out. Let me be quick and dirty for a minute, hands down the WORST product i have ever used on my hair. I would buy the 99 cent shampoo over this crap any day of the week. I have medium lenght slighty curly hair that is somewhat on the dry side but very fine. After using this product my hair felt extremely dry and to my horror, the shower floor was about covered with fallen strands. After using the conditioner of the same brand (somewhat of a masochist some would say) my hair was extremely dry and after letting it blow dry i had the dreaded straw hair for about 1 week, no matter how many deep conditionings and hot oil treatments i did. Never again will i buy this so called proffesional brand, i wouldnt even wash my dogs hair with it. Not overly expensive, but after buying the shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioning mask i was out 50.00 dollars and 20 minutes of my life ill never get back. Ladies Please Please Please do not buy this. It is a huge waste of money, and ur hair will thank you for it.