no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 days ago

I’ve been using this as a toner after removing my makeup in the evenings for the last 2-3 weeks and have not experienced one new breakout! It seems to do a more effective yet gentler job removing those last traces of makeup and whatnot than the traditional toner/cotton ball combo. The price is also right. I will repurchase.

About reviewer (308 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

from

8 months ago

Honestly just bought this at my local dollar general store for less than $4.00 so worth trying. I currently have scabs from previous cystic acne and some pimples all over my face. I used one pad, it did sting a small amount but that i expected as my face hates anything medicated. The aloe made my skin super soft and less red including my scabs so bonus there and so far no pimples. I can often times get them within hours of applying anything to my face. Fingers crossed these continue to work full time.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

EyesHazel

9 months ago

There are two listings for this, so will post on both, but I used to use the Stridex in the red container/box with 2% SA but since I also use a topical BP acne gel, the combo was just too much for my skin. Decided to try these instead with only 0.5% SA and aloe and witch hazel, so much better. I mostly use this like a toner after washing AM and PM and let my skin dry, then follow with my BP. Works very well, no issues! Compared to all the toners on the market, this is one of the only I could find where the ingredients werent comedogenic, most toners have something in them that my reactive skin just doesnt like. This doesnt bother my skin, and makes it smooth. I also think its helped balance my oil. Highly recommend if you are looking for something to tone thats gentle and non-comedogenic. These are very saturated, which is great, but if I dont squeeze the pad out a bit before applying, it can take awhile for my skin to dry, so squeezing out excess works when Im in a rush and dont have time to wait for my skin to dry before BP and makeup. Good stuff!!!! Also-- someone mentioned that Stridex has alcohol in them--- no they do not. They specifically state that on the box, which is why they are so great!

About reviewer (433 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

from

3 years ago

Wow this did NOT work for me at all. I swiped it on today after my shower and I went to a store to try on a top and my entire chest and back were full of tiny white bumps. I don't know what's in this but it didn't react well with my skin and I would never purchase this again.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

I used to use these when I first started breaking out, and I remembered that they worked really well so I bought them again recently- don't know why I stopped getting them. I use one at night after cleansing- I wouldn't recommend using these to wash your face because I don't feel like that would really work. It feels really sticky on my skin, which is why I only apply it at night, but they are so effective that they still get 5 lippies. My stubborn, moderate acne is almost completely clear after only a few weeks of use, and my pores seems a lot smaller, too. I like that it is only half a percent of salicylic acid, for my sensitive skin, but it still works really well- my skin even looks brighter. It does sting a little when you first apply it, but not in an irritating way- after it sinks in my skin actually feels soothed.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Fair

HairBlond

6 years ago

I bought this for my son's acne. He had been using PC BHA 4% foam with great success but it is a once per week product. He needed something to use during the week also. He used them last night for the first night and had a horrible reaction!!! He looks like he has been sunburned badly. It is red, irritated, and hot to the touch. It says these are alcohol-free and like I said he has tolerated much higher concetrations of BHA. Looking back, should have done a patch test.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

6 years ago

I tried these a while ago when I was on a mission to clear up my disastrous skin and I can honestly say this is a horrible product for sensitive skin. I tried the various type of Stridex pads and they all left my skin looking burnt, red, peeling or dried and fried. My skin looked even worse and I'd have to over-compensate with moisturiser. In addition to all that it just broke me out even more. After years of searching I finally found my HG BHA, which is PC's 2% Clear and thankfully it has left my skin clear, soft, even and perfect. I never break out anymore and it is a staple in my routine I would never be without. If Stridex doesn't work for you I highly recommend trying other BHA products, because this one was a nightmare for my skin.

About reviewer (399 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

2.0

6 years ago

I started using these again the other day on my forehead to make sure my skin wouldn't break out and now I have little breakouts on it. This was the only thing I put on my forehead. I've used these in the past and got the same reaction. I think there something in it that keeps clogging my pores. The SA isn't enough to do much for acne. It's better to use these after a workout to dry off sweat from your face.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

6 years ago

First off, I have oily, red skin, lots of acne scars, recovering from a random blowout of hormonal cystic acne. These smell like some rank tequila. So disgusting lol If you are sensitive to smells, stay away! I can tolerate it though because these things have brought down the redness in my face dramatically! Also, my skin was very oily and these things somehow made my face not as oily. I'm convinced that I was being way to harsh on my skin and these are helping restore it very quickly. If you can get over the smell, have very red, irritated skin, this is a must try!

About reviewer (179 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

7 years ago

Absolutely LOVE this product!! Heard a lot of people recommending Stridex to people on the board, so I decided to give it a try. I have mild acne, uneven skintone, and some little skin colored bumps. Immediately after using Stridex I noticed how clean and soft my skin felt. Acne started going away, and now I'll only have 1-3 pimples a day sometimes none! The pads also remove ALL my makeup and leaves none behind. I don't try my eye makeup though, you shouldn't use this near your eyes it'll burn. I use the pad all over my face, then let dry and apply a moisturizer and then my C&C benzoyl peroxide. Really recommend this to anyone with acne prone skin! Update: I only use this about once or twice a week. Didnt make a big difference in my skin after using daily. Couple times i wiped my eye makeup off with this and it was a big mistake! It made my eyelids burn and feel rubbed raw.

About reviewer (107 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure