Adidas Cotton Tech absorbent-deo

Adidas Cotton Tech absorbent-deo

2.7

Propylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palmitate, Sodium Arachidate, Fragrance, Sodium Behenate, Cyamopsis Tetragonoloba (Guar) Gum, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Sucrose Stearate, Xantham Gum, Triclosan, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sodium Myristate, Allantoin, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Linalool, Geraniol, Sodium Laurate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Myristic Acid, Limonene, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Powder, Sodium Citrate, Ext. D&C Violet No. 2(CI 60730)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Omg I love this deodorant!! Somehow it has severely cut down the amount of sweat I produce even though it’s not an antiperspirant. I still smell alright at the end of the day unlike normal deodorant. Bonus points it doesn’t leave a weird crumbly residue like most stick deodorants! Haven’t yet tried to prevent thigh chafing, my other deodorant use. Only con was the scent as they are all very neutral clean laundry type of scents which I’m not as fond of. Pricier than lady speed stick but not as much as other more natural/aluminum free deodorants

I am utterly shocked by the negative reviews here! This was recommended to me by a friend when I was complaining about how ineffectual aluminum-free antiperspirants are. This deodorant has been truly a god-send for me and I will cry if they discontinue it in Canada. Granted I do not have body odor at all but I do sweat like crazy under my arms, especially when nervous. This is more effective as an antiperspirant than any product I've ever tried (including clinical strength Secret, Drysol, Mitchum, Lady Speed Stick, Nivea etc. etc.). Many of those will work for a couple of weeks but after that offer little-to-no wetness protection. This 'cotton tech' goes on so smooth and relatively dry, without leaving a thick residue like most stick deodorants (no more clogging up my razor!). Great scent options. I'm also hopeful that I can wear white tshirts without the worry of yellow stains from aluminum (I haven't bought any new white tshirts since using this deodorant but will try to remember to update this review when I do).

It's possible you have to have a specific body chemistry for this to work but it is SO worth a try if you are looking for an aluminum-free antiperspirant. I've been using it for 3 months with zero complaints and will continue to recommend it to everyone I know.

on 7/1/2017 6:27:00 PM

Made in Canada and still available in Canada. I have powder scent. Scent stays all day. This is not the most effective deodorant but a good choice from the drugstore (Shoppers bottom shelf) or well.ca.

I prefer the herbal deodorant from Pure Skin Formulations. More effective but available online only.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am loving this deodorant! I've been using aluminum based antiperspirant for years but know the risks and decided to give this a try. I have the fresh and powder scents and I like both of them. It goes on smooth and easily. I haven't noticed the grainy particles that others have mentioned. It does take a while to dry but it does eventually. It's been weird to get used to sweating again but I don't smell at all with this on! It's been 30+ degrees here lately and I work outside but this deodorant held up. As long as this keeps working for me I'll continue to repurchase and recommend it.

on 7/7/2016 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Worst aluminium-free deodorant I have ever tried...after an HOUR, I smelled like B.O. which never happened to me before, not even when I was wearing no deodorant at all at home..I would definitely not recommend this one. Total waste of money, thanks God it was cheap.

This product was awful. The price was not bad but after a few hours of putting this on I smelled awful which is uncommon for me as I NEVER smell like B.O. Not to mention my under arms are dark now because of this. This product has overall done more damage than good to my body. Will have to use up all of these and will definitely never buy this product again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff was great, albeit sounds polarizing, either you love it or despise hate it but I really loved it!! Too bad it's DC'ed! it's true that YMMV but for me this stuff worked really well effectively against BO, sweatiness, & general funk. I am a big huge Adidas Moves fan & fan of any kinda sporty scents in general, so this was a big winner w me. Now I kind of float from deo to deo not really being loyal to any certain 1, but I was loyal to this deo then. Seems like I used it up quickly.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is (was) the only thing I used. It did not stain my black workout shirts like antiperspirants with aluminum. It survived my intense cardio workouts. It was gentle. It used to be $4 at ultra but since Coty/adidas decided to stop manufacturing I don't know what else to buy. It has THIRTY ingredients so I have NO IDEA what ingredient or combination of ingredients to look for in my next aluminum-free deodorant. Any ideas?

Edited: See my review for Trader Joe's Deodorant

on 8/9/2012 7:48:00 AM

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

So I bought this deodorant because it said it wouldn't stain my whites,i smelled it in the store and it smelt great...before I put it on. This deodorant seemed promising...it wore off right away and it left me smelling like B.O which is extremely uncommon for me because I never ever get that smell. So if you don't want to have smelly pits I would not recommend this at all!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I would agree with the others that this one is worth skipping. Not only did it *not* work on me, but it stung and irritated my skin. This deodorant failed on me, sometimes even just an hour after applying. Did nothing to help with odor. The worst of the aluminum-free deodorants so far.