MAC Blot Powder - Light

MAC Blot Powder - Light

4.5

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides

on 3/1/2017 6:47:00 PM

I bought this on a whim when I made my first online purchase from them. I have combo dry skin but tend to get oily in the T zone area. This powder is ok. It's nothing special IMO. It doesn't absorb my problem area any better than any other powder I've used. In fact, I think Rimmel stay matte did better with that. The powder is very fine, I'll give it that. All in all I wasn't disgusted with it but not impressed... It was meh.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin and this is my HG product. The trick to it is though, wait to apply it after you get oily the first time in the day. It's for blotting oil, I tried it with my makeup routine, putting it on as a finishing powder and it just made my skin look kind of weird, and didn't set my foundation very well. I thought at first I wasn't going to like it. Then the next day I did my regular makeup routine (moisturizer, foundation, regular setting powder) and then waited until I first got oily in the day, which is sadly about 3 hours after I apply makeup, and then with a light hand just blotted this in my t zone and I stayed matte/ not oily for SO much longer than I would have if I had just blotted with the clean and clear blot papers like I used to. I used to have to keep blotting throughout the day with those papers, but with this stuff I only blot once and my makeup stays put all day. It really is amazing you just have to get the right technique down. I feel so confident and when I catch myself in the mirror I am pleasantly surprised to see no breakthrough oil after using this stuff!

on 12/26/2016 1:28:00 AM

I like this powder, it is lightweight and doesn't my skin look overdone or cakey. It doesn't provide major coverage but works well to freshen up mid-day at work.

on 8/4/2016 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

MAC Blot powder in light is one of my go-to pressed powders for obtaining a matte (non-oily) powdery finish. Great over top of foundation. No issues except for a high(er) price.

I can't believe I haven't reviewed MAC Blot Powder yet! I'm a makeup junkie and I'm always switching things up, but this powder in my Holy Grail. I've repurchased it 3 times! For me that is HUGE! I found it when I was on my quest to find talc free powder since talc seems to break me out. I stumbled upon this pressed powder and haven't looked back. It creates the perfect matte finish without looking cakey or adding color. It's just perfect. The packaging is nothing special. It's sturdy and I've never broken one or had it come apart. It comes with a pad applicator but I usually use a giant dense EcoTools brush and get the powder on the brush and pat the powder on, not brushing but patting motion. If you are looking for a great pressed powder to mattify foundation and help set it then look no further because MAC Blot powder is fantastic and I will continue to repurchase. I think as much as drugstore makeup is these days that the cost of this isn't bad at all.

on 11/17/2013 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product!! It's my favorite anti shine product. I use it everyday to finish off my makeup and keep it in my purse for touch ups through out the day. It's the absolute best at canceling out oiliness. I've had my compact for over a year and even with daily use I still have a lot left. I will continue to buy this again and again and again. HG product for sure!!

on 11/12/2013 9:30:00 AM

#####

Update: I have since discarded this for the Medium shade as I find that it is too light for my skin. I would only recommend the Light shade if you have alabaster fair skin! Also, I now only dust the powder on my nose where I am oiliest and shiniest as I find the formula too drying to be used elsewhere.

#####

A little bit about me first - I have NC15 combination skin (extremely oily T-Zone but prone to flakes around the nose and dryness on the sides of my face).

I use a powder brush to apply this on my face, concentrating on the T Zone, where I am oiliest. I find that using a brush picks up just the right amount of product and distributes the product beautifully on the face. Apply with a light hand (gently dab the brush on the powder once or twice) as too much powder will result in cakiness, a white cast and the accentuation of any dryness. If you need more, just reapply.

I am pretty amazed at how well this controls oil. I blot a lot less frequently when I use this. Even then, I don't get half as oily as I typically do. This is coming from someone who is typically an oily shiny mess after an hour of blotting!

When I do use this to touch up, I typically blot the excess oil off first before reapplying the powder.

If you prefer a more dewy finish, dust a layer of Guerlain Meteorites (I use Teint Rose) all over the face after applying the blot powder. It will counteract the matteness from MAC Blot and instantly add a soft luminosity to the skin.

Will definitely repurchase!

on 6/18/2013 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I used this last summer and I loved it. My skin is normal-combination and never really gets too oily, except this summer for some reason (perhaps because of my Clarins face sunscreen) my t-zone has gotten really shiny throughout the day! I first purchased Rimmel's Stay Matte blotting powder, but that stuff totally sucks...Yes it's only $4 CND, but it made my skin oilier than it originally was. I re-purchased this Mac blotting powder in Light for my NC15 skin, and I fell in love all over again. I add this as my finishing touch for my makeup, it sets my Clinique CC cream, my Mac cream blush, and my concealer. I don't really have to touch up throughout the day, but sometimes I do on my nose a little bit. It works wonders, a little tiny bit goes a long way and it's not too powdery or cakey at all, it doesn't mattify your makeup intensely, it still allows a healthy shine to show through. I like my makeup to look natural while keeping the shine at bay, this stuff totally delivers, and for $29 CND, you get a lot of product and a damn good product at that. I definitely recommend this over any other blotting powders. The compact is adorable too :p

UPDATE: I actually found a better blotting powder...Soap and Glory's One Heck of a Blot! It lasts longer, looks less powdery and the packaging is to die for. It's also cheaper. A total winner in my eyes..Adios, Mac blotting powder!

on 3/29/2013 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet. This powder is HG status for me. My skin is whiter than a piece of paper and oilier than an oil rig, and this is the only powder I've come across that is pale enough for me AND controls oil in a noticable manner. I use the press and roll method to set my foundation with a powder puff. Lately, I've been setting my entire face with a more sheer Sonia Kashuk powder (Bare Minium) and then usuing Blot as my finishing powder. It seriously adds to the amount of time I can go without getting ridiculously oily and also adds a bit of coverage. My skin looks great whenever I wear Blot and I keep coming back to it. My skin is also very sensitive and acne prone and I've never had any issues with this in all the years I've used it. This can get a little cakey if used with too heavy of a hand, which is why I've resorted to layering it with a more sheer powder. This also looks great when dusted on with a brush. (I just prefer using powder puffs and pressing into my skin)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I used this for a few years, several years ago, and then I started trying other brands. I don't know why... stupidity. I am back to my blot powder. It's exactly the thing one needs to sort out a shiny nose half-way through the day. It doesn't add colour or visible product. I won't stray again.

24/06/2016 - I just repurchased this recently after much experimentation with other powders. I'm so happy to have this again. Although my skin is generally dry, my nose will get shiny over the course of the day, and this is just perfect for eliminating shine without depositing a load of visible powder.