Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Moisturizing Lotion

Lubriderm Advanced Therapy Moisturizing Lotion

4.4

Water, Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Polysorbate 60, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Lecithin, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Ceteareth-20, Diazolidinyl Urea, Sodium Citrate, Methylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, BHT, Sodium Pyruvate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Ethylparaben, Tocopherol

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm a big fan of the Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil lotion because I like how it leaves a glow on my skin like an oil but still feels very light and non-sticky. So I was in the grocery store and was going to purchase it but they were out of stock and this one caught my eye because of the similar color scheme of the container (beige and pink). My skin has suffered from New England winter, it was so dry the creases between my fingers and toes have become white. If I apply a lotion, the "whiteness" goes away but as soon as I wash my skin, you bet they're back again.

I decided to try this because of the claim it can "intensely hydrate extra-dry skin" and I was not disappointed. First time I used it, I can already feel the difference and with continued use, it actually healed my winter-dry skin. I know it did because these days when I go out of the shower and don't put on lotion, my skin doesn't look as dry as it did before (no more white creases!)

IMO, the consistency is thicker than the Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion (which is also great btw) yetit doesn't feel heavy or greasy and absorbs really well into the skin.

Until I come across something even more awesome, this will be my go-to lotion from now on! =)

on 2/26/2017 3:05:00 AM

Wow, this product really surprised me. It worked so well!

The formula is thick and creamy. So perfect for the winter time! I bought a bottle of Cetaphil lotion at the same time but found myself reaching for the Lubriderm advanced everytime. Well priced and absolutely effective.

Highly recommend!

on 7/31/2016 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A dermatologist recommended the brand to me and to this date, I have used a variation of products in this brand. I have to say no product can be compared to this brand. My father had a bad case of dry skin on his back. He was given some prescription cream. He used the prescribed cream for a while with no success. I rubbed some of this product on him only twice and he got over his problem. It has been the same story for me and my husband. I get dry skin on my legs as a result of shaving and even Cortisone creams cannot help but this does. I highly recommend this product, especially if you have severe dryness issues.

THIS IS THE BEST LOTION FOR A TATTOO!!
I recently got a pretty big upper-arm tattoo and it was peeling and itching like crazy. At first, I was using the original aveeno. I had to constantly apply up to 3 times a day and it did not seem to work at all. Then, I picked up this little gem. It is so moisturizing. Slightly thick, but it is not greasey feeling or heavy at all. Plus, it soaks into the skin really quickly, leaving it super soft and feeling like your skin but better. It calmed down my tattoo's flakey, peeling skin and eased the itching. Plus, it made my tattoo much brighter and darker. I only have to use this stuff maybe twice a day (once in the morning and once at night). If this stuff works on a healing tattoo, it'd work on anything.

on 12/12/2015 6:20:00 PM

HG body moisturizer.

Thick consistency compared to other body moisturizers, though easily dispensed through a pump and readily absorbed by the skin.

No greasy after feel, just pure soft skin

Can be used all year round

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Several weeks ago ran out of Jergens Ultra Healing Lotion. My elderly mother lives with me, and she loaned me her bottle of Lubriderm Advanced Therapy lotion until I made a ds run to pick up Jergens.

Lubriderm is a wonderful hydrating lotion. Texture straight out of the bottle is thick, but it doesn't feel thick when I apply it to my body. My skin soaks it up, and I am left with soft, non-dry, non-scaley skin. Another pro to Lubriderm, imo, is it is unscented. I don't have to wait an extended period of time before spritzing on perfume. With Jergens, which I still think is a good lotion, I have to wait until the scent of the lotion dissipates before spritzing on perfume, so it won't mix with the scent of Jergens.

This is currently my go-to lotion. It costs a couple dollars more than Jergens, but don't mind paying the extra $$ for an unscented, hydrating lotion. Lubriderm has been good to my skin during pre-winter weather, and feel it will do as well during winter because of its thick, emollient consistency.

on 2/15/2014 4:30:00 PM

Lubriderm finally got it right. I'm not sure if the packaging has changed or if the formul has changed but Lubriderm finally got it right. This was $6.99 in my local grocery and said "new look" on the bottle. It's thick, it's rich, it's not greasy, it sinks right on, the pump squirts the right amount of lotion.

I put it on immediately after showering from the neck down once or twice a day and my skin does not itch, ash, hurt. Just sfot and smooth until I bathe again. The bottle says it's enriched with Vitamins E and B% and skin essential lipids. It makes my skin feel super comfortable for 24 hours and I could not ask for more.

on 2/15/2014 10:52:00 AM

Love this lotion. I get extremely dry skin during the winters and this is the only lotion I have found over the years that helps. It absorbs quickly and doesn't leave your skin feeling greasy.

on 6/12/2013 4:15:00 PM

My HG product. Absorbs well and has a great consistency. I have been using this product for quite a while now, after switching from the Vaseline line. I do not find it greasy at all, like some lotions.

The only grief this product gives me is the packaging could be better - pump stops 1/3" from the bottom, and it takes some patience to get the remaining product out of the bottle.

on 5/12/2013 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I haven't tried every body moisturizer on the market, but had to write a review for this one when I discovered that a patch of discolored skin on my leg had almost gone back to normal. Over a year ago my doctor told me the discoloration was a result of some eczema that had never completely cleared up, and that it was unlikely to go away. Admittedly, I had not been very consistent with moisturizing my legs over the years. I've used a few different products, including Kiehl's Crme de Corps, with totally acceptable results for the rest of my body, but nothing seemed to make a difference to the patch. One day I ran out of my moisturizer du jour and decided to try Lubriderm AT. Within a couple of weeks the patch is virtually gone and the only change in my routine has been using Lubriderm daily. I also like the light scent and agree with others that it does not feel greasy to me. This is a total winner for me, and I actually don't mind taking the time to use it every day.

Popular Lotions / Creams