Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

4.3

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

on 5/27/2009 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I've been a BM MMU user for years and although I don't "love" BM its the only foundation that's easy to use, super lightweight and does not break me out. Anyway, I've been looking for a MMU with less "sheen" than BM and since I love PX Traceless tint I decided to give this a try. Well, the jury is still out . . . . my shade Level 5 Warm which is an exact match to my BM shade Warm Tan without the "sheen" and as with the BE, the spf makes the color a little off on darker skin at least until it oxidizes. Anyway, I noticed that my face starting itching with this product. No reddness or rash just itch. This uses different ingredients for the SPF formulation than the BE and I did use the PX buff brush, not sure if its the product or the brush. It's been several months later and i tried it again . . . no itch. Hmmmm . . . . I'm not sure what changed and I'm still using the product but im not sure if i'll purchase it again. We'll see.

UPDATE: Not sure why this itched me when I first used it but been using it almost daily and now I really like it. Its just as light on the skin as BE and I think this will officially replace my loyalty to BE. It does not break me out and does not have that BE "luminosity" that looks a bit flat and metallic on darker compextions.

on 3/28/2009 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is my second attempt at mineral makeup. I normally use Mac Studio Fix, but am tiring of it. I liked the healthy aspects of mineral makeup. I first tried Pure Mineral Makeup and it looked like dirt on my face. This goes on beautifully. I do get oily in my t-zone, but that's normal. What's great, is that I still have coverage at the end of the day. My Studio Fix would be gone by the end of the day. I'm very happy with this product.

I am AA, so the range of colors is what drew me to PX.

on 11/27/2008 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Oh dear Girls, I have found my HG mineral foundation. I had been using BareEscentuals and thought it was pretty good until I found Prescriptives. After a long and exhausting search I finally decided to try this foundation after having read many reviews.

GOOD Points - (1) Great Coverage - foundation is very easy to apply and the finish is flawless. I do not have anything near to perfect skin and this foundation makes my skin look ever so smooth. The coverage can be built up and one can go from very sheer to deep coverage without creating build up. I normally use concealer but with this foundation I can get away without. (2) - I do have oily skin and I do not have much oil penetration at the end of the day. The make up remains smooth and matt almost the whole day through. (3) This foundation comes is so many shades that no one is left out. I am a MAC NC45 or C7 and this foundation is a perfect match for me in Level 4 Warm Medium. My powder blush goes on with no problem with the foundation. With other mineral foundations sometimes a powder blush just did not work. Here no problem what so ever!

BAD Points - I cannot think of any other than the foundation does not come with a brush so you will need to buy the Prescriptives Round Buff Brush which is recommended for this foundation. For anyone who decided to purchase this foundation, I highly recommend getting the brush. It is absolutely a must have. This brush is great and I am sure it will also work perfectly for applying bronzer or other powders. Money well spend. It also makes application of the make up a breeze.

on 10/12/2008 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I so love this foundation! I wear Level 6 Warm, and unlike other mineral foundations for dark skin, this doesn't leave me a shiny, ashy, glittery mess. It just blends perfectly, not too shiny or too matte. I used to use the Jane Iredale Chesnut Pressed Mineral powder, but this is a more neutral shade and controls oil better. (I still use blotting papers but its not as bad as when I was using the Jane Iredale). I haven't had breakouts since I started using mineral foundations, but everyone's skin is different. I think its totaly worth the price.

on 9/13/2008 10:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

First, I have to say this is by far one of the best mineral Foundation on the market, trumping BM with its easy application steps. One powder allows you achieve a flawless coverage and conceal. Below I provided a few tips in application to get a luminous flawless finish. As expressed by another reviewer it's all in the application.
I can't express to users enough that, less is more with this PX minerals.

To apply
- Tap a sprinkle of powder into the top. Next swirl the brush around so that either your round buff brush or retractable brush is evenly coated, tap off any excess. When you apply remember the harder you press the heavier your application, so barely touch the skin.

- Use a circular motion from the highest point of your cheek @ the hairline inwards to the side of the nose, slightly work you way down to the nostril back out to ear, from jawline to chin backup all the way to the forehead and down below the nose. Then repeat for the other side.

-Once you have 1 sheer application, you can reapply for more coverage in areas needed, like around the nostrils and eyes. I suggest you switch to a smaller brush like the soft shadow brush if you want to use it as a concealer on the face or around the eye. If you are using the retractable brush which will initally offer a sheerer coverage than the round buff brush. You have a little more variety, by slightly retracting your brush halfway, it allows you to get into those smaller areas.

* I hope these tips help. I love Px and there products however it is a very customize line, you have to get a PX SA that loves their job and doesn't frown on you asking questions.To each of the reviewers that gave low ratings, the SA should've shared with them these tips and given them a application guide to take home.
There are several things to remember when trying any Mineral Powder, such as the condition of you skin and mineral doesn't mean it wouldn't cause you breakouts. Mineral powder are Mostly made from ingredients found in nature, however many of us carry allergies to natural ingredients. It is a reality that some people may not be able to use this product. But for most its an amzing product. Be Aware of your skin and its needs. All cosmetics contain so form of technology in order to stablize the product, it's a matter of how much. Also if you are a die hard liquid fdtn lover, you may not love Mineral Pwders, have its an options if you are pressed for time. *** I wish you all the best.

on 7/29/2008 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

At last, I've found my perfect mineral makeup! I tried in vain to like Bare Minerals, but the colors (Tan and Warm Tan) still looked "off". I was so excited when I heard that Prescriptives had a mineral makeup and I was not disappointed. With 18 shades, there's practically a color for everyone. I chose Level 4 Medium and my skin looks great. I've noticed that I use less powder compared to Bare Minerals and my skin doesn't have that metallic look. I've actually received compliments on my skin. Thank you, Prescriptives!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wanted to love this foundation, but I'm allergic to something in it. I broke out in little bumps all over my face and started itching.

The coverage lasted a while for me, but I have oily skin so by mid-afternoon it faded.

It does have a tendency to look caked on which was also a minus.

I purchased the warm 4 medium.

The mineral brush that comes with it was awesome though!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I purchased this foundation in Warm Medium yesterday. So far I like this product. It provides light coverage and oil control and lasted through an hot summer day without sweating off or making my extra oily skin look greasy. I will update after I've used it more.