Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

This is my HG foundation. I love it! When I thought Prescriptives was going out of business I ran out and bought 5 backups. I am relieved that I can still purchase Prescriptives online. I use Retin A and many liquid foundations emphasize the dry flakes that I am always fighting. This mineral powder gives me great natural looking coverage without emphasizing my dry skin. I do use a concealer under it on a few dark spots left over from blemishes. The color is perfect for me ( I use level 2 warm light). My favorite part is how easy and quick it is to apply. I have to get up at 5am and I'm too tired in the morning to fuss with anything complicated. This Is much quicker and easier to apply then liquid foundation. One container also lasts me almost a year and I use it almost every day. I have used the Prescriptives powder brush but I prefer to use my Sephora mineral makeup brush.

This is my first time trying mineral make-up. I used Px virtual skin in Real Camellia for a few years then switched to flawless skin last year because I wanted more coverage. There wasn't anything "wrong" with it as such but when I was running out I decided to try the mineral one for a change.

The SA matched me to level 2 cool. I think the colour is a good match and I'd probably be level 1 in winter. I found it easy to apply with the PX round buff brush I bought too (although I find the brush loses a few hairs each time which is annoying). She showed me how to work it into my face with big round movements starting at the edges of my face and working in.

I have normal to combination skin and i'm prone to flaking if I don't exfoliate regularlly. This product didn't make me look flaky but I think if my skin was flaky before applying it would emphasise the flakes.

The coverage seems good. I go lightly on my cheeks to let my frekles show trhough a bit. I put more on my chin but I still need concealer on my blemishes. It's quite a matte finish but I apply a light dusting of powder to set it then I use Benefit high beam on my cheeks to add a bit of a shimmer.

I'm not fond of the packaging. It looks ok but gets finger print smudges all over the silver lid. I wish there was an internal stopper to stop it coming out as soon as you open the lid.

The staying power is good. It's still there at the end of the work day, although I reapply if going out in the evening. When I wash my face in the evening there seems to be more make-up coming off than my previous foundation, flawless skin. I will repurchase this.

on 3/13/2009 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Yuck!! Weird glow/shine. Highlighted imperfections. Only thing I like is the container - considered keeping just for that but not worth $50 Cdn. Hopefully I can return. Jane Iredale is much more natural and has just as many colour choices. Also higher SPF.

on 11/21/2008 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow, this is really good stuff. It seems like everyone's jumping on the mineral makeup bandwagon, including department store cosmetics. I usually prefer department store brands because of the quality and this lives up to that claim. I was color matched with Level 2 Warm Light, which I consider to be a little bit dark on my skin, but I'm ok with it because lately I've been liking foundations that add some color to my skin and don't wash me out. This foundation reminds me of Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation, in color, finish, and packaging. And like Mary Kay, this DOES NOT settle into lines. This is medium to full coverage, if you so desire. But you could also do light coverage with this. It's semi-matte. Not too glowy, not too matte. Love, love the finish! Love that it has SPF15. The price is a bit steep though. But once you know your color, you can get it on eBay. UPDATE: Such a stellar product! Looks gorgeous all day. Allows for touchups without looking weird. LOVE! UPDATE: By far, one of my favorite mineral makeups. What I like is that nothing about it changes ALL DAY. It looks fabulous from the time it's applied until 12 hours later. AWESOME!!!

I love this foundation! This is the first one I've used that hasn't settled in my lines and wrinkles. I really like the finish and that it looks like I have nothing on. The Shiseido cream blush that I use goes on smoothly and blends in perfectly. I have tried the Bare Minerals and found that it required too many steps and looked chalky on my face. When this first came out, I was skeptical about the coverage and finish but not any more.

on 8/10/2008 10:20:00 AM

I was excited to try this makeup as I hadn't succumbed to the "mineral makeup craze" yet, because I was a loyal prescriptives user. After choosing my shade I couldn't wait to try it. It feels great on, like no makeup. The $17 brush is soft and terrific as well. I hadn't used powder in 15 years, as am on the dry side so I didn't want to look "cakey" Well, this foundation gives me a soft "airbrushed" glow. It has great coverage and lasts all day, just as my beloved prescriptive's liquid fondations. The first time I used it I used way to much and did see some fine eye lines accentuated, but after lightening up on the application I am very happy with the look and feel of this. I also use BB cream blush ( color pots?) and was worried it would ruin the finish, but when applied with the MAC skunk brush it goes on beautifully and completes the airbrush look. I took one lip off because I have been breakig out quite a bit, and I am not sure if it is this powder or the Fresh Soy cleanser, as i started using both at the same time. I hope it is just hormones, because I really love this product ( and the cleanser!)
edit: I actually returned this product because every time I used it, even with weeks in between I broke out in little whitehead pimples. Obviously I was sensitive to something in the foundation. It was a shame because it gave a great finish. Perscriptives couldn't have been nicer and refunded my $$ even though I didn't have the box anymore and it was 6 months later. What a great brand. I will stick to their liquid foundation.

on 8/2/2008 10:00:00 AM

I work for Prescriptives. I will tell you this is a hit or miss with most customers. In general, it is being well received and looks FABULOUS on a lot of different skin types. It is important to apply it right. For those of you complaining about it accentuating pores or wrinkles; you were probably applying way too much at one time. This will DIFFUSE lines and wrinkles and pores when applied in constant circular motions buffing it into the skin with VERY MINIMAL product shaken out in the lid. VERY LITTLE powder is needed to do a full face, we're talking maybe two dime sized amounts (one at a time).. This looks gorgeous on both young and old skin and really gives a fabulous healthy glow and 90% of the time makes skin look airbrushed.
With that said, I cannot wear it. I broke out like a MUTHER about 3 days into wearing it. Sad, because it looked INCREDIBLE on and feels totally makeupless.

I was looking at the ingredients with a neighboring counter girl and these truly arent straight up minerals, there are a lot of ingredients at the bottom of the list that are bizzarre names and could be the culprit for breakouts. I have yet to figure it out but I know that I am 99% of the time pimple free, but had like TEN pop out after using this product and I'm STILL healing from it.

Note: If this doesnt work for you, try the anywear compact! You can apply dry with a brush, or wet with a sponge, and it will give the same flawless look and I've NEVER broken out with that product. It's great.

on 7/26/2008 5:18:00 PM

I have been using this product for about two weeks now and I really love it. I have tried many, many mineral foundations over the years but had no success. None gave me the desired coverage and often left me shiny and/or itchy. I am 45 now but still have oily skin, my skin has a lot of red in it and have some brown spots from sun damage. I was matched with Level 2 Cool and it is perfect. Just a few strokes with the brush and it gives me the kind of skin I wish I had. It has great staying power too, I can go to a spinning class for 45 minutes, come out all sweaty but the makeup stays put. I also live in humid Florida so it has staying power too. I hope they always make this I truly love it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have the most sensitive of sensitive skins, with rosacea, and just about all liquid foundations make me flush and/or break out. I'm a big Alima MMU fan, having used and loved it for 2 years now. I recently decided to give a couple of Prescriptives products a try to see how far I could push the envelope. This was a no go. Compared to Alima this felt scratchy/dry going onto my skin and it highlighted the dry areas/lines on my upper cheeks under my eyes. Within minutes my skin started itching. I already know I have a problem with bismuth, which is what led me to try Alima, EM and Cory MMU in the first place, but as bismuth was listed so low in the ingredient list on the Prescriptives product I thought I might be able to get away with it. I can't say for sure which ingredient in this my skin didn't like because it has a long list of ingredients compared to the e-tailer MMUs I mentioned and some - meaning the gems - are rather unusual for a foundation (see list of ingredients in the first review of this product below), but there is clearly something in it I can't tolerate. Also, unlike the reviewer below me, I was not at all impressed with the brush. It is a nice shape and it's very cute but it's sorely lacking in the softness department. Alima, EM or Aromaleigh would be far better choices for someone with very sensitive skin. All offer very soft synthetic brushes that will be far less likely to irritate truly sensitive skin. So bottom line, this might be a good option for those with normal and/or oily skin but, in my opinion, those with sensitive, dry and/or rosacea skin should look elsewhere. MAC NC15/Alima N1