Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

Every time I applied it, my face would get extremely itchy and break out in huge hives. The funny thing is that I don't have very sensitive skin and I used it with many different clean brushes. No matter how soft or clean my brush was, the result was still the same. I wish I could have liked it, but it has to go.

on 3/24/2011 10:11:00 AM

Although this product appears to be discontinued, you can STILL purchase it on the Prescriptives website. This powder is the only mineral powder I can find that is fair enough for my very fair complexion. I always have problems finding foundations that match my skintone. The colors are almost always too dark. (Especially with drugstore products.) I use Level 1 Warm Light. I like that I don't have to use a lot of product and that I can use it as a concealer as well. It does contain Bismuth Oxychloride which can cause acne and irritation But under the ingredients it says "MAY contain: Bismuth Oxychloride," so who knows how much of this stuff is really in it. I know that MAC MSF powder contains Bismuth Oxychloride and that definitely broke me out. So far this makeup is not making me break out but I do get itchy on my chin a few hours after application. I will update my review after I have worn it for a couple weeks. I encourage you ladies to pay close attention to ingredients and research which ones are bad for your skin. You will save your skin many problems.
UPDATE: This powder DOES make me break out so I'm going to have to look for something else. Revlon Colorstay is just too hard to blend. I thought this might be my HG but I guess I have to keep searching.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love this foundation. It does not clog my pores like a lot of cream/liquid foundations, it gives great coverage but doesn't look like your wearing anything, and a little really does go a long way. I heard that they are discontinuing this line but I hope thats not true because this is a great foundation.

The only draw backs are the packaging and the brush. Its very difficult to travel with this tub/jar all the powder fills into the top portion if turned upside down or sideways. Also the brush hairs ALWAYS come off on my face when applying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

just okay for.. i used it like after foundation powder.. didn't really like it.. i'm just using it cuz it was expensive and i don't want to waste money.. i still break out from this, so just using it when needed.. will not buy again besides from discountinuing brand.. was hoping for better..
=(

on 1/19/2010 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is great. Its like the Laura mercier mineral powder but it is richer for dryer skin.
The ingredients are just fantastic. all the prescriptives products have really good ingredients in general. the result is flawless. they have such diversity of colors to match the skin tone well. natural sun block also.this one lasts really a long time. 1.5 years for a tub. its worth the money for sure. too bad they will stop making such great things soon.

on 12/5/2009 4:39:00 PM

agree. same problem. i now have a much scarred chin thanks to a few times using this

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is such a wonderful product i don't use mineral makeup often but when i do this is my go to powder i use it over my tinted moisturizer when i want a light finish and i am having a day off from my regular liquid foundation and powder. It has such a light feeling and such wonderful coverage for a mineral powder. Also it doesn't get overly shiny throughout the day as most mineral powders. I will most definitely stock up on this product. It is a must have:)

on 10/11/2009 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My grandmother is a die hard Prescriptives fan and turned all her daughters and grandaughters into fans as well. I have used other Prescriptives products and I have loved all of them I got this foundation when my grandma got it in the wrong color for her ( she is paler than me) and when I tried it it was the perfect color for me, which is Level 2 Warm Medium. It goes on so smoothly on the face, no cakeyness. When I started using it my face had like 7 pimples around my cheeks but this covered them perfectly and it has SPF 15 as well and that is always a plus. I took a concealear brush and concentrated on my problem areas and they were all gone. I used to wear it everyday to class, because I didn't look like I had foundation on. It's expensive, like all Prescriptives products so I'm only using it on special occasions. I heard Prescriptives is being pulled so if you can go out and get this foundation because it is amazing if you're looking for a mineral foundation that doesn't make you look like you just stepped into a pan of powder or that you are wearing foundation. It lasts a long time too, a little goes a long way. Definitely a good buy from Prescriptives!!!

on 10/1/2009 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My search for mineral makeup is over. I tried many cheaper brands and returned them all for various reasons, wrong color, showed wrinkles, pores, etc. I have been a Prescriptives foundation wearer for over 15+ years and why I didn't think to look at my favorite, I do not know. I plunked down the $32.50 and a bunch more $$ because Prescriptives is going out of business and I cannot be without my favorite foundations. I read all the reviews and was hoping that I would like this product, and I do....

I put tons of moisturizer on my skin and applied concealer on one side of my face only. I left the other side without concealer to see how much coverage the mineral makeup would provide. The coverage was beautiful on both sides, but the side without concealer would only work for going to the grocery store, running errands, etc. I tried to apply concealer over the mineral makeup and that created a mess and my pores looked really weird.

I am a novice at applying this, so I know that I will have experiment to get the right finish. The color match was perfect. I chatted online with the Prescriptives representative and she recommended the color based on my current foundation. I am a Y/O and Vellum is my shade and I purchased the Warm Light 2 and it is perfect.

on 9/15/2009 1:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Having had mediocre mineral makeup experiences in the past, I had been skeptical about throwing $33 dollars to try this. However, my doubts have been banished and I'm a believer again.

This finely milled powder gives buildable coverage and makes skin appear radiant, as if glowing from within. The spf 15 seems true, and is highly effective at preventing sunburn. Pores are minimized, even without the use of a primer beforehand.

My only criticism of this product lies with its packaging. Some sort of opening/closing mechanism on top of the powder shaker would have been more ideal.