Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

on 1/10/2016 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A godsend to pale ladies with mature skin who still want a powder foundation! I wore this for years and was devastated when Px temporarily discontinued. Thank goodness it is back up on their website. It is literally the only product I do auto-refill on. And even stock a few backups of.
-Shade: There is not a huge range. 3 shades each in varying levels of color depth for Neutral, Warm and Cool. Cool in Px land=more red/pink blue undertones. For reference: I am nw10 in MAC land, but the MSF in that was too yellow for me. BE in the lightest shad (Fair) was also too yellow for me (and itchy!). MUFE Multi-Use 110 was too dark and too red. Lancome Dual Finish in Porcelain Delicate I works for me for a purse touch-up powder foundation. Px Level 1 Cool is a perfect match for me, love!
-Coverage: light-Medium to Full. It is very buildable, which is something I love. I leave my cheeks with just a dusting, but use it more heavily on my forehead, where it is awesome at covering some hyperpig.
-Finish: Soft, diffused, slightly glowy (not shimmery) natural look. The Px website describes tit as Matte, but I really find that on properly moisturized skin I would call this finish simply "Natrual/MFBB." Does not look dry/cakey, which is awesome for a powder foundation. This is a major concern for more mature skin types (38 here), but really this looks more natural and youthful than most liquid foundations I have tried.
-Tips: I create a kind of "glow from within" look by using a bit of Jane Iredale Glow Time BB cream underneath. Applies best with a stiff, synthetic kabuki, such as one from Everyday Minerals.
-Price: $38.00 for a .3 oz sifter jar. Even with generous daily use, this can last months, very reasonable.
-Ingredients: Does contain Bismuth Oxychloride, for those whom this is a problem for. BE caused me itching and hives, but not Px. Offers some stable sun protection with 12% Tio2 and 4.9% Zno.
-Small gripe: I wish there was a pressed version for purse touch-ups.
-Verdict: Love and will continue to repurchase!

Would I buy this again? Yes, and I will.

I have tried BE, Mac, Philosophy, various drugstore brands, and this is the first time I am truly happy.
This powder does not make the skin look shiny like BE does.
This product goes on so easily and blends flawlessly.
I can use so much less product with this, I guess a little goes a long way!
BE is a joke compared to this product.

I don't have the round buff brush but will buy that next. The brush applies the powder perfectly without using too much product. The brush is also rather large and application takes no more than 45 seconds.

I am so happy!

on 3/20/2009 6:45:00 AM

Hmmm not great. Coverage is OK but (a) it makes me look a bit greasy (b) it makes me look sallow and it does tend to show up any imperfections. I cannot bear to look at myself under the fluorescent lights at work. I think i much prefer a talc based preparation to be honest like Armani silk powder.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I've used Prescriptives All skins since last July and I'm at the point where I wouldn't mind finding a different MMU. At first I was very impressed with the foundation and I've tried soo many different mineral foundations. My problem with All Skins is that I get oily in my t zone not too long after and I am constantly blotting at my chin and forehead. I find that when I look at my face close up with this foundation it sinks into my pores and emphasizes them becuz I have lil dots on my chin...dunno how to describe it. I have barely visible pores too.
The coverage is moderate to medium depending on how much you apply, although it gets cakey if you use too much at a time. I must say tho' that it looks pretty natural (from afar) and gives you a nice glow if buffed appropriately.
I did say that I would buy this product again bcuz it doesn't break me out and looks nice on and lasts all day. But that is if I can't find another MMU to replace it. Def. have a love hate relationship with All skins. Thinking of trying Merle Norman?!?

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

looks okay maybe for pictures and from far away. BUT from up close you can see it and it made me feel really fake

on 12/4/2008 10:56:00 PM

I've been using this for about 3 weeks. The color match is spot on. Cool #2 I believe. I am a BE drop out. Lumiere has been my foundation for a couple of years and after visiting the Prescriptives counter at Macy's decided to give this a try. I used to be an exclusive Prescriptives girl when it was a new line. I am happy with the color match and coverage of this. I use a flat top Lumiere brush to apply. Coverage is buildable.

I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin. Have experienced no breakouts with this. I think this is right up their with the Lumiere Cashmere.

on 11/12/2008 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

So far, I like this product. I have only been using it for maybe 5 days, so I am still getting the right technique down, but I am really enjoying it. I get a very very natural, makeup-free look with this, but it hides my icky redness and light freckles on my jaw. I also do use a bronzer over it, as I don't like to look light or sick, lol. I use the light cool shade, level 1. It gives a kind of dewy look, but not shiny and gross like BE. you can feel it when you first apply it, and then it kind of sinks in. I like that it makes my other makeup last longer, or so it seems. I use the Px concealer pen with this, by putting on the concealer first, letting it dry, then just dabbing the brush barely around my eyes after doing the rest of my face. seems to work ok, but like I said, I am still trying to get the application right. If I put too much on I look pale and dead, so go very lightly! I also like that this does not feel drying at all, and doesn't emphasize dry spots like other MMU. I use the big poofy Px brush for this, and smooth the concealer with the large concealer brush before it dries and I apply the mmu. My FAVORITE thing about this is that my skin has had not one spot since I started using this. NOT ONE!!! and I have very sensitive skin. I used to have a tiny break out at least every few days, even though I have overall good skin, but with this my skin has cleared up and I have had nooooo problems at all. yippe! I even slept in it and didn't break out! it's great! I will continue to use just because of that! I will also upgrade this to 5 lippies once I get the appliaction down and can do it evenly :)

on 8/17/2008 11:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have tried every mineral makeup out there it seems, but this one wowed me after the first application. This makeup covers beautifully (and I'm a stickler about coverage, I need it) in one application. It's leaves a natural airbrushed sheen. Not shiny at all. I have no itching with this even though bismuth is the last ingredient. I got the perfect match with Level 1 Warm Medium. I did a test the other night and put this mineral makeup on one side of my face and another brand on the other side. I asked my son which side looked better and he said Mom you only have makeup on one side! That was the side with the other brand. So that tells me if you get the perfect match you get coverage and a no makeup look. Go for it, but get color matched.

on 7/20/2008 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to like this product so bad! I tried on, and purchased the Level 2 warm light (I am NC25). But, after purchasing, I looked in the car mirror and saw huge pores, metallic skin, and giant wrinkles. This foundation made me look 10 years older, at least! I had to go into the restroom and wash my makeup off completely.

PRO- it didn't bother my eyes CONS- it exaggerated my wrinkles, pores and uneven texture. It looked good inside the store, but not outside in real light. SKIN TYPE- sensitive, combo.

I am disappointed! I thought it was going to be great. But, I am returning it unopened today.

on 7/7/2008 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium

Found the coverage good, but the feel very heavy and dry. The colors are also very dark. I only tried it at the counter, but because of the dry feel to it I didn't buy it....I may go back and try it again with a different primer because I did like the coverage.