Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

4.3

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

on 5/27/2009 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I've been a BM MMU user for years and although I don't "love" BM its the only foundation that's easy to use, super lightweight and does not break me out. Anyway, I've been looking for a MMU with less "sheen" than BM and since I love PX Traceless tint I decided to give this a try. Well, the jury is still out . . . . my shade Level 5 Warm which is an exact match to my BM shade Warm Tan without the "sheen" and as with the BE, the spf makes the color a little off on darker skin at least until it oxidizes. Anyway, I noticed that my face starting itching with this product. No reddness or rash just itch. This uses different ingredients for the SPF formulation than the BE and I did use the PX buff brush, not sure if its the product or the brush. It's been several months later and i tried it again . . . no itch. Hmmmm . . . . I'm not sure what changed and I'm still using the product but im not sure if i'll purchase it again. We'll see.

UPDATE: Not sure why this itched me when I first used it but been using it almost daily and now I really like it. Its just as light on the skin as BE and I think this will officially replace my loyalty to BE. It does not break me out and does not have that BE "luminosity" that looks a bit flat and metallic on darker compextions.

on 3/28/2009 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is my second attempt at mineral makeup. I normally use Mac Studio Fix, but am tiring of it. I liked the healthy aspects of mineral makeup. I first tried Pure Mineral Makeup and it looked like dirt on my face. This goes on beautifully. I do get oily in my t-zone, but that's normal. What's great, is that I still have coverage at the end of the day. My Studio Fix would be gone by the end of the day. I'm very happy with this product.

I am AA, so the range of colors is what drew me to PX.

on 3/13/2009 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I bought this when it first came out, and as a newbie to mineral makeup. I tried to test out BE, but had such a horrible experience that I returned it the very next day. So I really had not experience with MMU.

So anyways I used this for a couple of months, then went back to my liquid foundations, not really understanding what the hype was. Well, now I get it. People! This stuff is great, and so easy to use once you get the right brush and use very little amounts. Also, you have to be on top of your skin care game already. If you have crappy skin, this will not create a miracle. But if you take care of your skin, this will keep it that way, for sure.

Again, use this sparingly. Apply one light layer, step back and check your coverage, then apply a little more only where you need it. It's great. I use the MAC 182 and barely touch my face with the brush. No need to buff your face off with this stuff, seriously. Also, I find it works well with the Px primer.

Repurchasing. Worth the money. That is all. I wear Fresh Antelope in the Virtual Matte liquid and Antelope in the Anywear powder foundation. I have this MMU in Warm Level 4. (C7 in Mac, for reference)

UPDATE 7/1/2010: My HG mmu!! I use this everyday, esp those lazy days I don't feel like doing much, but I always look healthy and glowing but not shiny or metallic. You can't even tell I have on anyting, but my skin just looks good. Over the course of the day this seems to melt into my skin. Knowing that Px would be going out of business, I majorly stocked up on this and my other Px foundations. No other brand has taken care of my skin like them, or matched me perfectly like them. So sad that they had to go away, but I'll still be loving this product years from now, lol.