Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

2.7

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

on 8/12/2008 7:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

barbieH, thank you a million for the ingredient list! Bismuth Oxychloride is the one causing breakouts, I believe. It is the no. 1 ingredient in Bare Escentuals that made me itch with every sign of perspiration and caused breakouts. Some people might also be allergic to iron oxides, especially in eyeshadows. Are there any other foundations by Prescriptives that would have no Bismuth Oxychloride? The phrase "may contain" actually means "contains". BE started putting the phrase "may contain" instead of "ingredients" so people wouldn't get frightened by Bismuth Oxychloride listed as the main ingredient. What a shame.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I wanted to love this foundation, but I'm allergic to something in it. I broke out in little bumps all over my face and started itching.

The coverage lasted a while for me, but I have oily skin so by mid-afternoon it faded.

It does have a tendency to look caked on which was also a minus.

I purchased the warm 4 medium.

The mineral brush that comes with it was awesome though!

on 7/1/2008 2:20:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got a Prescriptives e-mail which naturally had me running to the nearest Rx counter. All I can say is this stuff is really amazing at giving coverage w/out feeling heavy-now I didn't say w/out looking heavy. It can look very cakey if too much is applied which happened to me. The SA's in my experience are ALWAYS heavy handed so I ended up with a very pretty canvas that at the same time looked like I had packed on way too much foundation. The coverage is there w/out having to add a lot of product but it is buildable if you're looking for heavier coverage. I'm an NC30 for reference and I got it in Level 3 warm light. I probably could've gotten away w/Level 2 warm medium but it was too pink for my NC 30 skintone it also looked a teeny bit chalky.

The mineral brush is rounded and packed with a lot of hair which makes for easy blending and buffing but I must warn you it sheds like you wouldn't believe. I enjoy using the brush even with it's flaws b/c it isn't rough and seems to be well thought out. The mineral brush is about half the price at this time as a promo so with that deal I can again turn the other cheek about all the shedding.
UPDATE 8/16/08: Sadly my relationship w/this mmu has ended. After having a few sweaty days I noticed that the powder became super shiney and just sat there on top of my face-it looked horrible. Sorry Prescriptives back you go.