Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

3.8

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely love this foundation. It does not clog my pores like a lot of cream/liquid foundations, it gives great coverage but doesn't look like your wearing anything, and a little really does go a long way. I heard that they are discontinuing this line but I hope thats not true because this is a great foundation.

The only draw backs are the packaging and the brush. Its very difficult to travel with this tub/jar all the powder fills into the top portion if turned upside down or sideways. Also the brush hairs ALWAYS come off on my face when applying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Wow, for someone so picky I'm surprised to say HG HG HG!!! I am normally a girl who needs a full coverage fdtn. and I have gone through so many bottles of liquid fdtn. I originally purchased this together with a custom made fdtn from Presciptives (which I love!!! HG too). I went home the next day and used the powder over the fdtn. and ewwww. Cakey, fake and oily all at the same time, YUCK! So this stuff had been sitting in the back of my makeup drawer for ages! I had recently been performing in musical theatre so I had been caking on the harsh stage makeup and sweating and I could see my skin stressing so the days I wasn't performing I boycotted my normal mu routine and just used my smashbox primer and the mineral powder overtop, WOW WOW WOW WOW. This provides full coverage and looks and feels like my real skin, I can literally look in the mirror up close and not be able to tell I am wearing fdtn. All I need is to put concealer on my heavy duty acne and it's perfect!!! I am so in love, there used to be days where I could not leave the house without a full face of labour intensive liquid fdtn. but with primer and this I look so polished and lovely!!! So a tip, DO NOT use over another fdtn, try by itself and It will be great!! :)

on 10/1/2009 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My search for mineral makeup is over. I tried many cheaper brands and returned them all for various reasons, wrong color, showed wrinkles, pores, etc. I have been a Prescriptives foundation wearer for over 15+ years and why I didn't think to look at my favorite, I do not know. I plunked down the $32.50 and a bunch more $$ because Prescriptives is going out of business and I cannot be without my favorite foundations. I read all the reviews and was hoping that I would like this product, and I do....

I put tons of moisturizer on my skin and applied concealer on one side of my face only. I left the other side without concealer to see how much coverage the mineral makeup would provide. The coverage was beautiful on both sides, but the side without concealer would only work for going to the grocery store, running errands, etc. I tried to apply concealer over the mineral makeup and that created a mess and my pores looked really weird.

I am a novice at applying this, so I know that I will have experiment to get the right finish. The color match was perfect. I chatted online with the Prescriptives representative and she recommended the color based on my current foundation. I am a Y/O and Vellum is my shade and I purchased the Warm Light 2 and it is perfect.

on 9/15/2009 1:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Having had mediocre mineral makeup experiences in the past, I had been skeptical about throwing $33 dollars to try this. However, my doubts have been banished and I'm a believer again.

This finely milled powder gives buildable coverage and makes skin appear radiant, as if glowing from within. The spf 15 seems true, and is highly effective at preventing sunburn. Pores are minimized, even without the use of a primer beforehand.

My only criticism of this product lies with its packaging. Some sort of opening/closing mechanism on top of the powder shaker would have been more ideal.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is the second mineral make up I have tried (after BE).
Pros:
It did not break me out in cystic acne unlike BE (I never had bad skin before using BE / Clinique) which is a plus point.They have a much better range of shades than BE aswell - I got level 1 warm light which suited my colouring really well.
Did a good job of evening out my skin tone (I have lots of half-faded freckles)
Has SPF
Cons:
Made me really flaky and looked really obvious. No matter what I tried (serum or moisturiser beforehand, only using a little, building up coverage by buffing etc) this would draw attention to all the flaky bits of my skin and settled around my nose. It also settled under my eyes in a way that made it look like I had lines (I'm only 22) so all in all made me look much older. My boyfriend always commented on how flaky I looked when I wore it.
It is quite expensive.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

I've used Prescriptives All skins since last July and I'm at the point where I wouldn't mind finding a different MMU. At first I was very impressed with the foundation and I've tried soo many different mineral foundations. My problem with All Skins is that I get oily in my t zone not too long after and I am constantly blotting at my chin and forehead. I find that when I look at my face close up with this foundation it sinks into my pores and emphasizes them becuz I have lil dots on my chin...dunno how to describe it. I have barely visible pores too.
The coverage is moderate to medium depending on how much you apply, although it gets cakey if you use too much at a time. I must say tho' that it looks pretty natural (from afar) and gives you a nice glow if buffed appropriately.
I did say that I would buy this product again bcuz it doesn't break me out and looks nice on and lasts all day. But that is if I can't find another MMU to replace it. Def. have a love hate relationship with All skins. Thinking of trying Merle Norman?!?

on 11/21/2008 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow, this is really good stuff. It seems like everyone's jumping on the mineral makeup bandwagon, including department store cosmetics. I usually prefer department store brands because of the quality and this lives up to that claim. I was color matched with Level 2 Warm Light, which I consider to be a little bit dark on my skin, but I'm ok with it because lately I've been liking foundations that add some color to my skin and don't wash me out. This foundation reminds me of Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation, in color, finish, and packaging. And like Mary Kay, this DOES NOT settle into lines. This is medium to full coverage, if you so desire. But you could also do light coverage with this. It's semi-matte. Not too glowy, not too matte. Love, love the finish! Love that it has SPF15. The price is a bit steep though. But once you know your color, you can get it on eBay. UPDATE: Such a stellar product! Looks gorgeous all day. Allows for touchups without looking weird. LOVE! UPDATE: By far, one of my favorite mineral makeups. What I like is that nothing about it changes ALL DAY. It looks fabulous from the time it's applied until 12 hours later. AWESOME!!!

on 9/11/2008 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I like prescriptives foundations and powders which I have been using for many years. But this doesn't look natural on me, looks like I have makeup on even if I use a small amount. The color also was too dark.It looks too cakey to apply for my job and to heavy for weekends or running errands. I sometimes use it if I am going out at night to the mall or a fast food, for nothing special, so at least I don't feel that I wasted my money completely. Definetely I won't repurchase this stuff.

I love this foundation! This is the first one I've used that hasn't settled in my lines and wrinkles. I really like the finish and that it looks like I have nothing on. The Shiseido cream blush that I use goes on smoothly and blends in perfectly. I have tried the Bare Minerals and found that it required too many steps and looked chalky on my face. When this first came out, I was skeptical about the coverage and finish but not any more.

on 7/20/2008 3:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to like this product so bad! I tried on, and purchased the Level 2 warm light (I am NC25). But, after purchasing, I looked in the car mirror and saw huge pores, metallic skin, and giant wrinkles. This foundation made me look 10 years older, at least! I had to go into the restroom and wash my makeup off completely.

PRO- it didn't bother my eyes CONS- it exaggerated my wrinkles, pores and uneven texture. It looked good inside the store, but not outside in real light. SKIN TYPE- sensitive, combo.

I am disappointed! I thought it was going to be great. But, I am returning it unopened today.