Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

4.2

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

on 1/10/2016 6:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A godsend to pale ladies with mature skin who still want a powder foundation! I wore this for years and was devastated when Px temporarily discontinued. Thank goodness it is back up on their website. It is literally the only product I do auto-refill on. And even stock a few backups of.
-Shade: There is not a huge range. 3 shades each in varying levels of color depth for Neutral, Warm and Cool. Cool in Px land=more red/pink blue undertones. For reference: I am nw10 in MAC land, but the MSF in that was too yellow for me. BE in the lightest shad (Fair) was also too yellow for me (and itchy!). MUFE Multi-Use 110 was too dark and too red. Lancome Dual Finish in Porcelain Delicate I works for me for a purse touch-up powder foundation. Px Level 1 Cool is a perfect match for me, love!
-Coverage: light-Medium to Full. It is very buildable, which is something I love. I leave my cheeks with just a dusting, but use it more heavily on my forehead, where it is awesome at covering some hyperpig.
-Finish: Soft, diffused, slightly glowy (not shimmery) natural look. The Px website describes tit as Matte, but I really find that on properly moisturized skin I would call this finish simply "Natrual/MFBB." Does not look dry/cakey, which is awesome for a powder foundation. This is a major concern for more mature skin types (38 here), but really this looks more natural and youthful than most liquid foundations I have tried.
-Tips: I create a kind of "glow from within" look by using a bit of Jane Iredale Glow Time BB cream underneath. Applies best with a stiff, synthetic kabuki, such as one from Everyday Minerals.
-Price: $38.00 for a .3 oz sifter jar. Even with generous daily use, this can last months, very reasonable.
-Ingredients: Does contain Bismuth Oxychloride, for those whom this is a problem for. BE caused me itching and hives, but not Px. Offers some stable sun protection with 12% Tio2 and 4.9% Zno.
-Small gripe: I wish there was a pressed version for purse touch-ups.
-Verdict: Love and will continue to repurchase!

The Prescriptives All Skins is one of the best loose powders I have ever tried. It provides decent coverage if applied with kabuki brush (I would call it medium to full coverage). I never use liquid foundations (too much work). Normally I have to use bare escentuals bisque to cover imperfections first, and then various powders, with this one I don't have to, unless I go out and want to look great. It doesn't need any setting powder either. One product that compliments it is bare esentuals soft focus realize as blush, looks great together. The Prescriptives All Skins sits nice on the face, feels nice, doesn't get into creases, it's very matte, holds well all day. I use level 1, and it is not too pale, it's beige but not yellowish. It creates healthy glow look, which I want. I get many compliments when I use it. I highly recommend it.

on 1/19/2010 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is great. Its like the Laura mercier mineral powder but it is richer for dryer skin.
The ingredients are just fantastic. all the prescriptives products have really good ingredients in general. the result is flawless. they have such diversity of colors to match the skin tone well. natural sun block also.this one lasts really a long time. 1.5 years for a tub. its worth the money for sure. too bad they will stop making such great things soon.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

HG foundation! I have been using BE for a year or so, and was pretty happy with it,until I tried this. I work in cosmetics and this counter is right next to me. I always noticed SO MANY people buying their foundation and thought there must be something great about it, so I had my gf who works there color match me in the minerals. I love it, I am cool and this give sme the little pinkyness to match my skin perfectly that the BE medium didnt give, and to combat any redness around my nose and darkness under my eyes I pair this with the flawless concealor in a warm color like my friend suggested because the warn gets rid of the redness, boy was she so right! MY SKIN LOOKS AMAZING when I wear this, I seriously look like I am wearing no make up, and to say that while wearing a concealor as welll, its pretty awesome. This is my new go to brand for my face. I also use the comfort cream and comfort nights moisturizers for my sensitive skin, AMAZING. no breakouts from any of it, I am just so pleased! GO TRY IT!PX even gives you a free sample of your color to take home and use yourself.

on 5/27/2009 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

One thing I like about this product is :
1. it does provide coverage. medium to full. even sheer. (you can build it)
2. no itch for me.
3. prescriptives is great for matching skin tones, so i got the right shade. (That's always a hard part)
Cons include:
1. Its pretty drying for me. And when it's dry that's when it could itch.
But it's not that im allergic to anything in it, it's just drying.
It may be better for you if you use a good primer or liquid foundation or moisturizer under. Even then it was still drying for me though.
2. The smell was a little bit offputting.
3. It's completely matte no tiny shimmer or sheen like BE.
I didn't like that it was completely matte, I wanted a little bit of a more dewy look, but NOT like BE'S sheen. uh* gross.

I wouldn't repurchase. I found smashbox halo powder that I love. I mix it with this stuff sometimes in order to not let this product go to waste.
It costs 32USD.
quite expensive..

update: So, I wanted to get this mmu again, but then realized all the cons to it. It really is pretty drying. It feels too powdery, yes, i know it's a powder but some mmu powders feel nice and creamy. Apart from that, I did like the complete matte, but then I realized it made my face look too dull.
Bummer again.

on 3/19/2009 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this MMU and I swore I was done with MMU at the end of last summer. This is very (I mean very) finely milled almost to the point when my brush hits it, it poofs in the are like smoke. This can be either a good thing or bad thing like breathing it in :(. The finish is very sheer so if I wanted to use it as a finishing powder I can, or I can build the coverage. I find the shade selection impressive, and I think over all if you get color matched by someone at Px who knows what they are doing, the look and finish will be flawless. Don't be afraid to try the cool colors because they are not that cool but more neutral. I was matched to Cool Level 2 and I am NC/NW20 in the winter. The real test will be how it holds up in the heat an humidity in the summer (the itching so far with this NONE - it may be more for sensitive skins than BE) . I LOVE the container it comes in and it makes swirling the brush around a breeze. Why did I give 4 lippies instead of 5? For one, is the way it is milled - you really have to be careful not to breath this stuff in. Second, it is a bit pricey. This reminds me a lot of Every Day Minerals which is about a third less expensive. Unfortunately, I didn't do well with getting a color match with them no matter how many samples I've tried.
EDIT: I had to return this. Broke out in hives/rash. Not sure why. I do have sensitive skin though. Took off a lippie.

on 11/14/2008 10:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I didn't think I would find a foundation better than Px's Virtual Skin (which I have been using forever), but this topped it! I prefer foundations that are very natural and most foundations tend to settle into the wrinkles in my skin. Applied correctly this is very natural and it will last. If you want makeup that will completely cover imperfections, then you will probably not like this as it offers light coverage. However, you are left with glowing skin. I use it over Px's Magic, which the SA suggested to "give the minerals something to cling to". Makeup tends to fade off my skin quickly and this seems to help. It is a bit pricey, but it will last awhile since you need so little with each application. I haven't had any issues with breakouts or skin irritation, but I rarely do with any facial product.

on 11/12/2008 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

So far, I like this product. I have only been using it for maybe 5 days, so I am still getting the right technique down, but I am really enjoying it. I get a very very natural, makeup-free look with this, but it hides my icky redness and light freckles on my jaw. I also do use a bronzer over it, as I don't like to look light or sick, lol. I use the light cool shade, level 1. It gives a kind of dewy look, but not shiny and gross like BE. you can feel it when you first apply it, and then it kind of sinks in. I like that it makes my other makeup last longer, or so it seems. I use the Px concealer pen with this, by putting on the concealer first, letting it dry, then just dabbing the brush barely around my eyes after doing the rest of my face. seems to work ok, but like I said, I am still trying to get the application right. If I put too much on I look pale and dead, so go very lightly! I also like that this does not feel drying at all, and doesn't emphasize dry spots like other MMU. I use the big poofy Px brush for this, and smooth the concealer with the large concealer brush before it dries and I apply the mmu. My FAVORITE thing about this is that my skin has had not one spot since I started using this. NOT ONE!!! and I have very sensitive skin. I used to have a tiny break out at least every few days, even though I have overall good skin, but with this my skin has cleared up and I have had nooooo problems at all. yippe! I even slept in it and didn't break out! it's great! I will continue to use just because of that! I will also upgrade this to 5 lippies once I get the appliaction down and can do it evenly :)

I love this foundation. I initially lost faith in mineral makeup due to my not-so-great experience with Bare Escentuals (odd metallic-y finish, accentuated blemishes, skin was an oily mess within 3 hours). However, this changed everything!! It provides beautiful coverage, and is definetely buildable. It also doesn't have that annoying shine and glitter that most mineral makeup deliver. It doesn't have that heavy finish many liquid foundations are notorious for.The lasting power is way better than BE. Would definetely repurchase, possibly many times!

on 8/2/2008 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love Prescriptives, but am over liquid makeup so when I found out they'd be coming out with mineral, I had to try it. I got it on the promotional they have now, just $17 to add the buff brush (very much worth it! It is beeaaautiful quality). I got the Level 3 Warm Light, and unlike BE which was either too light or made my skin slightly gray/ashy, this matched my skintone PERFECTLY. Blended it with no indication it was even on. HG already!

Now my skin is by no means perfect. I have acne scars, and a couple of breakouts. But when I buff this on, my skin manages to look flawless! Did the ultimate test - I tried this on the beach, at the gym, and it stays on! I'd even recommend a toner after cleansing your face because this sucker stays ON. Wonderful for the summer when you need something that won't melt at the first sign of humidity, and gives you believable coverage.