Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

Filtered by hair type : Other
Prescriptives All Skins Mineral Foundation spf 15

4.1

INGREDIENTS: Actives: Titanium Dioxide 12%, Zinc Oxide 4.9% Inactive Ingredients: Squalane, Lecithin, Rose Quartz, Amethyst, Calcite, Ascorbyl Tocopheryl Maleate, Silica, Sodium Dehydrocetate,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. May contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride

This is my HG foundation. I love it! When I thought Prescriptives was going out of business I ran out and bought 5 backups. I am relieved that I can still purchase Prescriptives online. I use Retin A and many liquid foundations emphasize the dry flakes that I am always fighting. This mineral powder gives me great natural looking coverage without emphasizing my dry skin. I do use a concealer under it on a few dark spots left over from blemishes. The color is perfect for me ( I use level 2 warm light). My favorite part is how easy and quick it is to apply. I have to get up at 5am and I'm too tired in the morning to fuss with anything complicated. This Is much quicker and easier to apply then liquid foundation. One container also lasts me almost a year and I use it almost every day. I have used the Prescriptives powder brush but I prefer to use my Sephora mineral makeup brush.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is such a wonderful product i don't use mineral makeup often but when i do this is my go to powder i use it over my tinted moisturizer when i want a light finish and i am having a day off from my regular liquid foundation and powder. It has such a light feeling and such wonderful coverage for a mineral powder. Also it doesn't get overly shiny throughout the day as most mineral powders. I will most definitely stock up on this product. It is a must have:)

on 10/11/2009 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

My grandmother is a die hard Prescriptives fan and turned all her daughters and grandaughters into fans as well. I have used other Prescriptives products and I have loved all of them I got this foundation when my grandma got it in the wrong color for her ( she is paler than me) and when I tried it it was the perfect color for me, which is Level 2 Warm Medium. It goes on so smoothly on the face, no cakeyness. When I started using it my face had like 7 pimples around my cheeks but this covered them perfectly and it has SPF 15 as well and that is always a plus. I took a concealear brush and concentrated on my problem areas and they were all gone. I used to wear it everyday to class, because I didn't look like I had foundation on. It's expensive, like all Prescriptives products so I'm only using it on special occasions. I heard Prescriptives is being pulled so if you can go out and get this foundation because it is amazing if you're looking for a mineral foundation that doesn't make you look like you just stepped into a pan of powder or that you are wearing foundation. It lasts a long time too, a little goes a long way. Definitely a good buy from Prescriptives!!!

on 3/29/2009 8:37:00 PM

Nice coverage, very non-irritating. The Salespeople can work with you for a perfect color. My favorite elements are: SPF, good for sensitive skin, a little goes a LONG way and extremely build-able. The coverage lasts well, but when you want that "fresh make up" look at the end of the day before going out - you can definitely get that with this makeup. Try it by going to the counter in the morning on your day off, have them do your face for you, wear it all day doing your normal thing and examine how it wears for you late in the evening.
Didn't last as long as it should have for the price. I'm going to dry cheaper mineral foundations.

on 11/18/2008 2:58:00 PM

If you are still using BE or are considering getting into mineral makeup ,this is the best out there, you will never go back. This however isnít for everyone and those with combination-oily skin already with smooth texture and very little/light pigmentation will get the best results. There is a very fine line with all mineral powders and can easily look cakey and dry, this is no exception and I donít recommend it for those with dry tendencies as it is just too much, despite what they say.

This is not so much a foundation as it is a finishing product. Coverage is low but it gives a great satin finish. The colour stays true all day and effectively absorbs oil. Only a small amount is needed so be sure not to pack it on. Feels much lighter than talc or corn starch based powders. The colour range is extensive and uses the same Prescriptives colour wheel. You will look polished and brighter, and remain looking like that all day. If you pack it on, it will accentuate any roughness / dryness on the skin. The jar is the best I have seen for mineral powders; its wide and shallow thereby allowing lots of swirling and a lot less mess. I find it much easier to use this than BE due to its much larger size.

Skin: Other, Other, Cool

I had been looking to try mineral powder makeup, but had been unable to find a good color/tone match in the lines I had tried. Too ashy, shiny, or just not the right color. Also, I didn't want to have to mix the colors to get the shade right, use three different products to get a decent face.

Prescriptives is one line where I can usually find a color match for my skin, so when they came out with mineral powder I decided to check it out. The color match I got was perfect. I was very happy.

It took me a little bit of experimenting to get the right method and level of application, but now that I have it down, I can do foundation in no time flat. Once this product sets, it's invisible on my skin, but it definitely covers the random freckles/acne scars I have. If I need to conceal areas, I use a small rounded eyeshadow brush to pat the powder on the areas I want to cover, and then apply it as usual all over my face.

I've been using this product for 3 months now, and it hasn't caused me to break out, nor has it given me itchy skin. I don't wear makeup every day, more like every other day or so, but this has been working well. I'd like to try some of the e-tailer brands to see if I can find a match at a lower price, but I'm pleased with this product, and would buy it again.

on 10/12/2008 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I so love this foundation! I wear Level 6 Warm, and unlike other mineral foundations for dark skin, this doesn't leave me a shiny, ashy, glittery mess. It just blends perfectly, not too shiny or too matte. I used to use the Jane Iredale Chesnut Pressed Mineral powder, but this is a more neutral shade and controls oil better. (I still use blotting papers but its not as bad as when I was using the Jane Iredale). I haven't had breakouts since I started using mineral foundations, but everyone's skin is different. I think its totaly worth the price.

on 9/5/2008 3:21:00 PM

I tried this product on twice and I generally love Prescriptive products so I wanted to love this as well. I currently use Bare Minerals and was looking for something where I could cut down on my makeup routine. With BM you have to put on the foundation and then the mineral veil, I want something where I only need to put on the foundation and be over with it all.

My experience with this product was the coverage was way too heavy. I could tell I was wearing makeup because it's so heavy and I don't apply makeup with a heavy hand.

The next thing is it left me looking shiny. I tried twice with this product and didn't like it. I finally used it on half my face and the other half of my face I used my BM. You could really tell the difference.

So I took it back and explained to the girl that it's too heavy and it left a shine. She thinks it has to do with the amethyst powder in it. Weird ingredient to have in make up.

on 7/31/2008 6:59:00 PM

I really wanted to love this mineral makeup. It looked pretty good after the SA applied it on me, but when I stepped out in the heat my pores looked huge. When I applied it at home this makeup brought highlighted EVERY imperfection on my face. I don't have horrible skin but it looked like I did. I tried for 3 weeks to make this work, but returned it today. I'm going to try Anywear now.